Howard Johnson Express Inn

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Cocoa Beach

captain Susan (thanks for loaning me the hat, Tim!captain Susan (thanks for loaning me the hat, Tim!

My first Sailfish.My first Sailfish.

lori wilson parklori wilson park

surf's upsurf's up

A 38 year homecoming

by oldgi

Hello my fellow Vt members in Florida! My wife and i are returnig to cocoa beach after 38 years.We are arriving in August for a weeks stay.I know many things have changed as time marches on.So my question to you is i would like to have Your suggestions on tthe folowing: Where to have the best catch of the day seafood,a good beer onthe beach and just a nice place to hang out.What places to avoid,and what we sould not miss.I usedto live in Rockledge in the 1960s.And any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Iwish you all the best! Old GI. Ps we will be staying in the north atlantic ave area. Thanks Again!

Re: A 38 year homecoming

by shohman

Coconuts on the beach is a good place for a beer, but it's best to get there early because it fills up quick. They have a deck that is right on the beach and you're welcome to wear swimsuits, as most people do. Food is basic, but good.

Travel Tips for Cocoa Beach

Relocating to the Space Coast?

by SpaceCoastMomma

If you buy a home & relocate out here, there are some things we've discovered which ight prove useful to you:

Yard maintenance ~ Yard service is a dime a dozen and everyone has their yards cut every week. Things grow like crazy out here, so don't be surprised if your trees & bushes are overgrown in a very short period of time. For the really big jobs, like Palm or Live Oak tree-trimming, I recommend going with a reputable company, as opposed to one of the many crews that will just knock on your door. You want someone that knows what they're doing and is insured & licensed. If you need tree-trimming, I recommend Majestic Tree Surgeon, 321-403-3999. They are affordable, reliable and professional.

Pool Service ~ Again, a dime a dozen. If you've never owned a pool (we didn't) you will quickly learn that a pool must be maintained with chemicals every week.

Culture ~ Say goodbye to big city life and all of the museums & galleries you might be used to. Instead, attend a local festival for a little bit of color.

Baby Stores ~ Nearest big baby store in about an hour away, in Orlando. Get used to ordering maternity, nursing & baby gear online. Or Target is a great option, although they have no nursing attire.

Housing Market ~ Expensive out here, compared to Houston. If you live on water, double the price and know that you'l also get half the square footage. And little to no storage. Most places outside of Cocoa are "planned communities." We opted for the 'burbs, the first time in our lives.

Early Bird Specials ~ Every restaurant has early-bird specials and, if you have children, this is the best time to go.

Growing up in Cocoa Beach I...

by lagoonr

Growing up in Cocoa Beach I remember fishing with my father in the Banana and Indian River lagoon for giant redfish and trout. I still go fishing often, if you are looking to fish, go to www.lagooner.com for more information.
Alma's Italian Restaurant is a great family owned restaurant and so is Grills at Cape Canaveral. Everytime I come home from a trip I realize how much I miss the water here. The lagoons are beautiful, tranquil and full of fish.

Bodyboarding

by DUNK67

Being a little uncomfortable with being in water that I cannot see the bottom of we went body boarding. I paddled for ages to get about 100metres out to get back into the beach in seconds. After 2 or 3 attempts at this I fell off, panicking a little bit to get back on the board I somehow managed to stand up. The water was only thigh deep, you can imagine how stupid I felt , I could have walked out quicker. Mind you I did touch a rather large fish at one point which worried me a little bit.

Flock of Pelicans

by DUNK67

In England I am used to seeing flocks of seagulls at the beach, but to see a flock of pelicans flying overhead is something else . They resembled something out of prehistoric times, like Jurassic Park.

Do a little bird watching!

by tpangelinan

This one's for the bird lovers out there! Check out the wild life, plenty of birds to photo, make sure to bring your camera and lots of batteries. I love to photograph just about any thing but birds are always fun and can be rather fast when running away from you as you are try to just get a picture! Now if you don't have your camera ready they will sit still all day long but the second the camera comes out is when they hit the pavement running like a convict from a crime seen! So any way have fun!

Comments