International Palms Resort and Conference Center Cocoa Beach

Family Travel Budget Travel Seniors
See Amenities

International Palms Cocoa Beach, FL

by written on March 20, 2012

Don't let the pictures on the internet of this dump fool you. I feel like I was basicly robbed of my money. The whole hotel was disgusting. The rooms are dirty and run down and there was no soap or towels in the room. I was afraid of catching something and could not wait to get out of there the next morning. The people at the check in were rude and nasty. My whole Cocoa Beach experience was ruined. I would'nt even rate this hotel as 0 it was so bad. They are obviously in the business of deceiving people by the pictures on their website. The room was way over priced. Although I would never stay there again even if it was free.

Unique Quality: There was no outstanding characteristics about this hotel.

It's seriously crappy

by written on March 28, 2011

This place is pretty much a dump. We booked an ocean front room months in advance but arrived to find that all ocean front rooms were under renovation. They opted not to advise us of this until we arrived. I believe they knew they would be renovating both when we reserved and when we called three weeks before to confirm. They tried to get us to settle for what they called a suite but it was musty smelling and run down. It had a couple of windows that faced the ocean but none of the windows opened. There was an exposed utility closet with an active leak. We looked at one of the regular rooms near the pool as well but it was dank and musty. Nothing about this place looked like the pictures on their web site. This hotel would be ok for a Spring Break drinking fest but should be avoided by the sober.

Unique Quality: Bad smells.

some good some bad

by written on March 28, 2010

Just stay at this hotel for a week. I have mixed feelings about it. First the good then the bad. Good service from front desk, housekeeping and at the Captains Grill. The rooms were fairly reasonable but did not include breakfast. The bad, the rooms need updated very badly. Service at the beachside restaurant Mambos not good at all. Also what seemed to be a manager reprimanded a employee in front of us, her hostility scared our 2 year old. Check in time is too late being at 4 pm. Was told that renovations will be made to hotel soon, may be better after the work is done.

sherita's Profile Photo

Hit or Miss

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 4, 2009

I've stayed here three or four times, mostly because it was the only hotel with any rooms. Once the air conditioner didn't work, they wanted us to wait until they fixed it. We refused so they moved us to a smaller room that was a very odd shape, there was a little vestibule with a small refrigerator that you had to walk through to get to the bathroom. The room was also painted about four different very bright colors. The next time the room smelled a little musty. Another time the room was great, big and roomy with no odd smells.

Unique Quality: It has a great little water playground for kids. It's right on the beach.

Great for the Price!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 30, 2008

We just spent last week at this hotel and I was a little nervous when I read the last posting but we had a blast! There is no question this is a vintage hotel since all the rooms have an outside entrance but it took me back to road trips to Florida with my parents when I was a kid. We walked out our door onto the beach and played tennis and shuffleboard and the kids would not stop playing on the pirate ship pool. The room was clean and the staff was friendly and you could not beat the rate. We are going again before spring break!

Unique Quality: The pirate ship pool was quite popular. They also have a dog park right next to the hotel and they allowed our dog to stay with us (she goes everywhere with us!) so it was perfect to take her to the park next door!

Hope this isn't the Norm for Cocoa Beach

by written on May 12, 2008

I'm currently here for company training and my company put me up in this hotel. When I looked at it online, I was excited and impressed. Even when I drove up, I was still pleased. But once I drove around back and saw my room, I have to say I was disappointed.
First of all, this place is NOT a resort in any way. It's a run down, 1950's beach motel. Looks horrible from the outside and the inside is First Class MOTEL shabbiness. My room was barely clean when I came in, my door has a big gap under it where bugs come in and get in my bed (seriously people, I found a beetle in my bed) and so I have shoved towels under the door. If I find a roach or palmetto bug I am putting in a complaint to my company and getting the heck outta here! No breakfast, which what hotel does not at least provide a continental breakfast these days? For the price, you would think there would be a breakfast.
I am scheduled to stay here for another 9 days and I am NOT looking forward to it. On top of it all, the family next door to me has like 8 people in one room or something, they use the parking lot/out door hallway as a playground for their kids, so I basically live next to a Hillbilly Daycare. Great. Please save your money and get your family a good vacation hotel.

Unique Quality: Outstanding crappiness.

Directions: Take 528 to A1A and then straight on until you see a Holiday Inn Facade hiding a ghetto slum...or at least a Hillbilly Daycare.

doug48's Profile Photo

ocean front

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 3, 2007

the holiday inn ocean front resort is a nice resort hotel in central cocoa beach. less expensive than some of the other ocean front hotels in the area.

Directions: central cocoa beach. just south of ron jon's on A1A.

teaw65's Profile Photo

COCOA BEACH'S BEST OCEAN FRONT HOTEL

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 11, 2007

THIS HOTEL SITS RIGHT ON THE BEACH,OUR PORCH DOOR FACED THE OCEAN,YOU COULD LEAVE THE DOOR OPEN AT NIGHT AND LISTEN TO THE OCEAN TO FALL ASLEEP TO.IT WAS VERY NICE.THE ROOM WAS CLEANED EVERYDAY,IT WAS A GREAT PLACE TO STAY I WOULD RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE

Unique Quality: THE KIDDIE POOL HAD A VERY UNIQUE DESIGN TO IT,THERE WAS AN ADULT POOL A HOT POOL A EXERCISE ROOM ,THE LOBBY WAS VERY NICE,HAD TENNIS COURTS

Directions: RIGHT ON NORTH ATLANTIC AVENUE ABOUT 2 MILES FROM RON JON SURF SHOP A ONE OF A KIND,ON THE MAIN STRIP IN COCOA BEACH

GUYON's Profile Photo

One of the largest Holiday Inn

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 26, 2006

We chose this hotel because it seemed to be near the city center. Unfortunately, there was no center and Cocoa Beach is a town which streaches out along the Atlantic Avenue and there was few to see in the close neighborhood.
This Holiday Inn is certainly one of the US largest and it provides a decent accomodation close to the beach. I was worried reading the reviews but I know the US tourists are a bit fussy and I have reserved even so. The access was dirty but the room was clean and confortable. No roaches in the bed (a reviewer told he had seen some).
The clerk told me there was no fridge nor microwave and I was surprised to find these useful amenities in the room, may be forgoten after the stay of a traveler who paid for them.There is a movie channel at the TV in order to not be fed up with advertising. Free newspapers are in the lobby.
The hotel has a large outdoor pool and a kid pool. The hotel has a direct access to the ocean but only the suites have a balcony with an ocean view.
The breakfast is not included and I read the restaurant charges automatiquely by 18pct for the tip.So we used to go to the Denny's which was just accross the street.
The parking is complimentary and our car was just below our room.
We paid 126$ (100 euros) per night in February 2006 with an internet reservation .

Directions: On the Road to Cape Canaveral

markbyrn's Profile Photo

Facilities Not Up To Par

by written on January 31, 2005

An old and poorly maintained Holiday Inn Resort property. The rooms are small with rundown furnishings - my room in particular had a rust stained tub and the tub drain was clogged. In essense, it's Motel 6 quality at 3 star prices.

Unique Quality: A swimming pool and short walk to the beach are the positives, but I can't recommened this property unless you get a bargain basement price through Hotwire or Priceline. I snagged a room at $56.00 through Hotwire, but the normal rates are over $100! You'll also be put off by getting charged a so called $5.00 resort fee - no explanation for this and certainly not warranted given the poor condition of the property.

redhat333's Profile Photo

Perhaps not a bad deal for the money, but...

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 2, 2004

We stayed for three nights in December, 2003. However, the first room they took us to had the wrong accommodations. The second room had a lock that even their security guards could not open. They finally gave us a room with an ocean view, despite having told us earlier there were no ocean view rooms available. The room was spartan, unattractive, poorly furnished, with a small refrigerator placed on a chair. The only compensating factor was the ability to walk right onto the beach.

Nearby International Palms Resort and Conference Center Cocoa Beach

• Free High Speed Internet
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Cocoa Beach Travel Forum

Need advice about Cocoa Beach, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Cocoa Beach and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Cocoa Beach hotel reviews

Pleasant (2.5 out of 5.0) 3 Reviews
Resort On Cocoa Beach
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews

Explore Deeper into Cocoa Beach
Kayak with manatee (eco-tour)
gambling
formerly bernard's surf
hey my kids liked it
Creative Caribbean Inspired Food
Restaurants
Low-rent and just plain yucky
Restaurants
You got to try this place out!
Apps and More