Motel 6 Cocoa Beach

Tags

Beaches Cruise Family Travel
See Amenities

F'ckin terrible

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 3, 2013

HORRIBLE! Being in the 99% of the country on a tight budget, we had hoped to make our vacation dollars stretch by booking at a cheap hotel since we were only going to be there to sleep anyways. We had stayed there last year and made plans to do the same this year, too. I called the Cocoa Beach Motel 6 directly, not their automated number to make the reservation a month prior to our vacation. Thinking that our plans were secure, we started our vacation. After driving 17 hours from PA--exhausted both physically and mentally--we were looking forward to checking in to our hotel room and hitting the beach. However, when we tried to check in, we were told that we were blacklisted and that our reservations could not be honored. Naturally, we were both surprised and angry about this and inquired as to the reason for this denial. The front desk clerk couldn't tell us, so we requested the manager. She looked at the computer, clearly seeing a reason, and rudely informed us that we had to leave, that we were not welcome on the premises. This not being a satisfactory answer, I asked again why we were being turned away. The manager would only say "I can't help you; you need to leave." In order to get answers, I called the corporate line. The woman in the complaints department looked it up and informed us that there was a disturbance on 4/27/12. My boyfriend's birthday is 4/28, so I know what we were doing that night: we were on the local casino cruise with friends. We were NOT in the room or on the Motel 6 premises. Logic dictates that if we were not in the room or on the premises, we could not have caused a disturbance. After explaining this to the complaints department, she said that the nature of the disturbance was such that management had to become involved. Again, if we were NOT in the room nor on the premises, how could we have caused a disturbance to which management had to be called? Furthermore, if such a disturbance occurred, why allow us to stay for the remaining 4 days of our trip? Why was nothing said at the check out process? Unsurprisingly, the woman in the complaints department could not answer these questions. We were stranded 1000 miles from home and scrambling for a new hotel that would fit into our budget, and all she could do was offer to find another hotel MILES away? No thanks.

If you call to make reservations and are blacklisted, why accept the reservations in the first place? Why were we not told at any point in the month between making the reservations and arrival that we were supposedly blacklisted? This is beyond unprofessional, Any business, no matter how synonymous with cheapness, has to exist on the strength of it's reputation. The reputation of this chain has been sunk in my estimation.

If there were a way to rate this as negative stars, I would. Avoid the Motel 6 at all costs.

Unique Quality: Rude, inconsiderate, and overall nasty people are hardly unique to this world.

Directions: Right on the beach, which is great... but the overall experience can ruin even that.

luv4myboyzz's Profile Photo

NOT BAD !!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 5, 2010

me and my family just stayed at the motel 6 in cocoa beach for the 4th of july weekend. it was literally 2 min walking distance to the beach. it has a waffle house next store a sub way and ihop across the street and my kids favorite place MCDONALDS 1/2 a block down. i mean ok people its not like your going to the ritz 4 goodness sake . what do you expect !! i got a room that was seconds away from the beach for $60 a night so trust me i wasnt expecting a bell hop to take my luggage to the room!! the staff was friendly the place was quiet and we felt safe. the room wasn't perfect but what the hell, its MOTEL 6. me and my family will gladly stay there the next time we come 2 cocoa =0)

Unique Quality: pool , convenient, close to beach

Nearby Motel 6 Cocoa Beach

Motel 6 Cocoa Beach

• Motel 6 Cocoa Beach Hotel Cocoa Beach

Address: 3701 N Atlantic Avenue, SR 528 at Atlantic Avenue/SR 401, Cocoa Beach, Florida, 32931, United States

Amenities at Motel 6 Cocoa Beach

• Swimming Pool
  • Wheelchair Accessible
  • Free Parking
  • Pets Allowed

Cocoa Beach Travel Forum

Need advice about Cocoa Beach, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Cocoa Beach and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Cocoa Beach hotel reviews

Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Resort On Cocoa Beach
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews

Explore Deeper into Cocoa Beach
Kayak with manatee (eco-tour)
gambling
formerly bernard's surf
hey my kids liked it
Creative Caribbean Inspired Food
Restaurants
Low-rent and just plain yucky
Restaurants
You got to try this place out!
Apps and More