4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

LHW.com Booking.com amextravel.com

Costs 31% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• hoofhearted's Profile Photo

Gorgeous "Old Money" Hotel

We stayed for one night in December, 2007. Mostly a European crowd. Great service, food and beverage. We would definitely stay here again.

Unique Quality: Great wine list, and the largest hotel swimming pool in the U.S.!!

• ClariceStarling's Profile Photo

Biltmore Hotel

We felt like millionaires while staying at this beautiful, luxurious hotel. The architecture and landscaping were breathtaking and the pool was unbelievable. We stayed for six days and I probably would have been completely satisfied if we had never even left the hotel the entire time. We definitely had a great time visiting the Miami area, but the hotel was the highlight of our stay. I would highly recommend it to anyone staying in the greater Miami area. If you decide not to stay on the beach, this is definitely your best bet.

Unique Quality: The Biltmore, built in 1926, cost $10 million to construct. In its early days, it hosted numerous celebrities and dignitaries including the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, Ginger Rogers, Judy Garland, Bing Crosby, Al Capone and members of the Roosevelt and Vanderbilt families. The Biltmore's pool, which is the largest hotel pool in the continental United States, served as the venue for many elaborate aquatic galas. There are currently two large aviaries in the lobby which house tropical songbirds. If you decide not to splurge on an actual stay at this wonderful hotel, occasional tours are offered to the public.

Directions: The Biltmore is located in an upscale suburb of Miami, surrounded by fine homes with lush landscaping.

• pulgaron's Profile Photo

The Biltmore Hotel

Unique Quality: One of the Grand Old Historic Florida hotels. Within it a five french star restaurant, The Palm D'Or. A beutiful an highly funtional olympic size pool. A beautiful golf course as a back yard.

More about Biltmore Hotel Coral Gables

Couldn't Ask for More at the Biltmore

by TripAdvisor Member KEO

Had a fabulous two-night stay at the Biltmore, booked for $179 through Expedia.
It started when we drove up and the valet asked our last name, took our keys and handled the parking and luggage delivery to our room - seamlessly.
Continued when we walked in and the concierge came over, asked our last name again told the front desk to begin registering us and had a glass of champagne brought over all within about ten seconds - flat.
Got better when they automatically upgraded us to a deluxe room, which had a nice sitting area with two overstuffed chairs, two tv's, and a cool desk/bookshelf unit that separated sitting area from bed.
Asked for a view and got one. The grounds are so gorgeous it'd be hard not to have a great view.
Went off-property for dinner and when we came back there was a loud party going on next door, we were prepared to call security. Once we got in our room however, we couldn't hear a thing and went straight to sleep.
The next day had breakfast and lunch pool-side at the Cascade - excellent service and food. We jumped right in the pool from our table, the waiter casually put our drinks down so we could reach them from the water.
Spent half-day at the AWESOME Spa! Massage, facial, mani and pedi. I'm a regular spa-goer, and this was probably my favorite spa experience to date. Fabulous treatment rooms, amenities, staff was extremely friendly.
Capped the stay off with Sunday champagne brunch, which was just out of this world. Stations set up around the huge courtyard included crepe, sushi, tapas, carving, grilling, egg, pasta, salad, bagel/lox, dessert, and on and on. The service was amazing, beautiful live music, and champagne free-flowing, pricy but worth it.

Exquisite hotel with plenty of charm

This hotel is absolutely fabulous. . . . gorgeous decor - built in 1926 - Mediterranean Revival style - is listed in the Historic Hotels of America National Registry & in the Leading Hotels of the World Group. The services is impeccable - greeted with champagne upon check-in, the bathroom is huge & very nice & clean; sheets are soft and high quality - even had a nice little balcony with a tremendous view of the palm trees, clay tiles roofs and 700,000 gallon pool - the largest hotel pool in the US. I ate some delicious spinach spaghettini with some delicious homemade olive bread - sitting on my nice little balcony tonight. This place makes work in Miami - VERY inviting. . . (especially after my virtually sleepless night when I stayed in South Beach last night. . . big mistake.) I could not have been more enamoured with the Biltmore and I cannot wait to return!

Very Nice, A Bit Noisy!

This was my second time staying at the Biltmore. The first night I stayed there was during a hurricane, there were alarms going off, but it was understandable since there was a hurricane!

During my second stay, it was quite noisy at night. The pipes are very old at the Biltmore and you can hear everytime someone close to you uses the water. Also, the people next door were a bit noisy.

On the other hand. The resturaunts are amazing, the pool is phenomenal and the service is quite good. The beds are comfortable, but I would recommend upgrading to a suite. The thing I love most about this hotel is its history. It feels like going back in time. The lobby and rooms are reminiscent of the Mediteranean. The pool is the largest hotel pool in America and has a lovely waterfal and private cabanas are availabe. I will go back again, it is definately worth the price and the views are amazing from the rooms. Forget the Mandarin Oriental, this is THE place to go in Miami!

Beautiful hotel with bad service

We stayed for the 4th of July weekend and enjoyed a gorgeous fireworks show which was held behind the hotel over their golf course. Before the fireworks started, there was a small carnival with games and food booths.

The room was beautiful with a TV in the living area (loveseat, chair and coffee table) and another TV in the sleeping area so that family members could watch different channels at the same time. A desk with tall shelves separated the bedroom from the living room area. The floors looked like some type of stone or marble-type tiles. We had a fabulous view of the golf course in the distance with the pool directly below us. They also had internet, games and pay per view movies in the room. An honor bar was also available. The bed was the softest that I've ever slept in when compared to other hotels and the bathroom was so elegant. I only have wonderful things to say about the rooms, the view, and location but as for the service, it was the worst I've ever experienced.

Check-in took forever because only two clerks attended the front desk even though there were over a dozen guests waiting in line to check in. When it was finally my turn, I was told my room wasn't ready and would have to wait an hour for the maid to clean the room. I should have asked for an upgrade or for another room but not wanting to make waves I decided to have a late lunch at their outdoor cafe by the pool while waiting. That was a mistake.

It was an endless wait to be seated, another long wait for the meal and our request for the bill took forever. A meal that should have have taken only an hour, lasted close to 2 hours because of slow service and would have taken even longer if we had ordered desert. There were no apologies or explanations from staff regarding the delays. I was so disappointed with the service, that I excluded the tip (which they added to the tab anyway). Would you believe the waitress actually chased me all the way to the lobby elevator arguing with me that I HAVE to pay the tip even though the service was bad?

A return trip to the front desk found that my room STILL wasn't ready and was told that I would have to continue waiting. That's when I blew my top and told them they either find me another room or I was leaving. Suddenly another room was available; what a surprise (sarcastic tone intended).

To be fair, dinner at the Palm De Ore later that evening and drinks at the bar were much more pleasant with more efficient service. Room service for breakfast the next day was excellent with surprisingly prompt service.

On the morning of our check out, a bill was slipped under the door. On it was a valet fee for parking that I did not use and another fee for spa service that I did not receive. (I didn't even know they had a spa.) I immediately called the front desk and was told that the errors would be corrected before we checked out a few hours later. They lied.

At check out, I was handed the bill and told to sign for the expenses. Thank goodness I reviewed it before signing because the valet and spa fees were still there. Well, needless to say it took another hour for them to call the valet staff and spa staff to corroborate my story and then a search for a manager to approve the credit. There were no apologies or explanations as to why I was charged for items that I did not authorize.

I understand that July 4th is a busy weekend with lots of guests to attend to and I wouldn't have minded the long waits and errors if the staff had been gracious enough to provide an apology or explanation. It ruined what otherwise would have been a lovely weekend.

Worth the Trip

October 1, 2005

We are local South Floridians and wanted to get away locally to celebrate my husband's 50th Birthday. I am happy that I chose the Historic Biltmore Hotel. Rooms are not inexpensive, ($229.00 on orbitz) but worth it for a special weekend. The pool is the largest hotel pool in the United States and is just beautiful. Rooms are very nice with really comfortable beds. Request a room away from the elevators or you will hear things all night long. I understand the spa is fabulous but my husband is not a spa person. There are several restaurants on site. We went to our favorite little french restaurant off site (Hotel Place St. Michel) great, but you would need a car. The Sunday Champagne Brunch although very expensive ($49.00) is something not to be missed. You will be amazed at the quality and quanity of great things to eat and the beautiful courtyard setting and live music. The only suggestion I gave the hotel was in regard to the complimentary carriage ride they offer. Our driver spoke no english and the experience would have been so much better if they had someone who could give you some insight into the rich history of the hotel and the Coral Gables area. The other thing is valet car service $14 and private phone line charge of $9 even if you don't use the phone. All in all, we enjoyed our little getaway.

New Spa is spectacular

by TripAdvisor Member Princess_Mom

Although we didn't stay at the hotel, we did spend a day there and had several treatments at the spa. The spa is new (open in July) and the staff and ambiance are wonderful. All the treatments I had were amazing and my friend felt the same way. We were given pool passes and we had lunch at the courtyard restaurant. One thing that upset us was the attendant passing out towels treated us rather rudely and acted as if we were going to steal the towels!?! Other than that, it was a very relaxing experience and I can't wait to go back!

Georgeous!

by TripAdvisor Member Lmt09

Absolutetly loved ist!
We found a 150 US/night arrangement on the web and got a beautiful room with a nice view on the golf. Ok, it was just above the delivery-entrance so in the morning it was a bit noisy but all the rest was perfect! Amazing pool (not heated!)good breakfast-buffet (not a huge choice but all you need. Pricy!)But be aware: You need a car, you're far away from everything. To South Beach it takes you easily 45 minutes. An ideal hotel far away from all that Miami-Beach-Buzz, calm and relaxing, pretty european. Would definitly go again

Comments