The Port Hotel and Marina

Rank 7 of 9 hotels
in Crystal River
Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 review

COCKROACH infested – Terrible experience & bad CS

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 24, 2011

We DO NOT recommend. This place is old and run down. The pictures they have posted on their sites are of the Ale House next door… so they are deceiving their customers.
To summarize our stay: We killed 5 cockroaches our first and only one night there. They were mostly in the bathroom area, crawling up the shower curtain and on the floor. We went to the front office to talk to someone but they had a sign on their door apologizing for the inconvenience of their absence and that we should call a phone number. So we called…. No answer. Called again. No answer. We had a scuba dive tour the next day and left at 6am. Still, no one at the front office at that time. So during our lunch break, we headed back to the hotel to see if the office had opened up. A young guy by the name of JAMES was very nice and took our message and said “MARGE” would call us back. I asked JAMES for a business card to the hotel so that I could have a phone number just in case no one called me back, but JAMES could not find any. So he wrote MARGE’S phone number on the back of another business’ card sitting on the front desk. We waited 4 days and we did not receive any phone call. I called the next day and MARGE was not in. I called the next day, and still MARGE was not around. Finally, I called the following day using an “unknown” number and MARGED picked up. I spoke to MARGE politely and even gave her a clue as to where the cockroaches were coming from. After a few minutes, she and her “boss” decided to do nothing about our horrible experience. No apologies, no reimbursement and no attempt to make things better. MARGE asked me: Have you ever been to Florida my dear? “Yes Marge” I replied. “I go to FLORIDA almost every year and this year it’s my third trip there, and I have never experienced anything like this before”. Then she had the nerve to blame US for not checking out earlier than we did. STAY AWAY! This place is sure to close its doors for good soon.

Nearby The Port Hotel and Marina

The Port Hotel and Marina

• Port Hotel Crystal River

Address: 1610 S.E. Paradise Circle, Crystal River, Florida, 34429, United States

Amenities at The Port Hotel and Marina

• Swimming Pool
  • Free Parking

Crystal River Travel Forum

Need advice about Crystal River, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Crystal River and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Crystal River hotel reviews

Comfort Inn Crystal River
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review
Econo Lodge Crystal River (2575 N Us 19.)
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review