180 SW 18th Avenue, Dania Beach, Dania, Florida, 33004, United States

Expedia.com Priceline.com Agoda.com

Costs 23% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

Cruise Package

I booked this hotel because it had a cruise package which included free parking, breakfast and a shuttle to the cruise port and back. Coming in, I wasn't sure that the GPS knew where we were going. So just to be sure I called the hotel and got the information. They said to get off at exit 22 and then a succession of rights and lefts, but we couldn't get the sequence correct and of course ended up in the wrong lane.

Bob drove around the hotel twice before he found a place to park. The parking is gated and you need to use your key to get in. So we checked in. After he parked, this time he took the scooter out and we plugged it in so it would be charged tomorrow.

In the morning, I got a shower and washed my hair. Just in case, I took a photo of the two vouchers for the shuttle to the port, because we are to give both of them to the shuttle guy.

Unique Quality: I decided to take the scooter to breakfast because our room is so far from the elevator. It was, of course, a buffet. They did bring us cranberry juice and tea. After I parked the scooter, I got some scrambled eggs, one piece of bacon, some applesauce and a mini muffin. Bob got cold cereal, eggs and 2 pieces of bacon. The eggs were cold and they had stuff in them like onion. The bacon was the kind Bob likes - burnt. There was also some fruit, sausage, fried potatoes and what might have been oatmeal, but I didn't investigate.. The charge
    for this breakfast was $12,95 each - plus tip. Bob tipped $5.00 Hampton Inns do a much better breakfast, and there is one that also has a similar cruise package so if you are interested in that, I suggest you go there first.

We went back up to the room and I did some clean-up work on the computer and Bob watched Fox news and read the paper. The maid knocked and wanted to know if we were leaving about 10:30. There were so few luggage carts that Bob just made two trips to get the luggage down to the lobby. I went down on the scooter and talked to folks in the lobby while we were waiting.

When we checked in with the scooter guy, he gave us two stickers to wear, and two more for the shuttle back to the hotel, and also gave us a number to call if there was no shuttle there. At 11:30, the luggage and the scooter were loaded into a trailer and we were on our way to the port by 11:35.

On the way back, the shuttle was there at the port waiting for us, and took us directly to our car.

So I was satisfied with the shuttle, and the room was OK, but the breakfast wasn't that good.

Directions: Off exit 22 of I-95. They don't have turn by turn directions on their web page

More about Dania

Front of the restaurantFront of the restaurant

The pool was a delightful surprise!The pool was a delightful surprise!

Travel Tips for Dania

South Florida

by seame122

"Places to see and not to see"

I just moved to South Florida and I have been doing lots of exploring. Dania Beach is a little depressed in some areas, but the beach itself is nice and the Dania Fishing Pier is very nice. Hollywood, right down the street, is VERY nice, the broadwalk especially. Fort Lauderdale has many good things to see, but stay away from The Museum of Science and Discovery. It is run down and there are very few displays to see. And I am being nice by not going on and on about how terrible that museum is. The clubs in Fort Lauderdale are great, just go downtown to the Riverwalk area. That's all the tips for now!

Comments