Island Club Resort and Spa

3100 Sand Mine Road, formerly Island Hideaway, Davenport, Florida, 33897, United States

More about Island Club Resort and Spa

Beautiful Quiet Getaway.

I recently took a trip out to Florida, and I stayed at the peaceful Island Club West. It was about time I had a peaceful vacation. I wanted to be close to all of the attractions, yet wanted some peace and quiet too. The resort was perfect. The check-in was a snap, the units were so comfortable, the staff was very helpful, and the pool area was very relaxing. I had been tired of going to over crowded hotels, now I finally was able to have a beautiful quiet getaway.

i need one of these

Seems there are some mixed reviews here? I stayed at ICW for week with my family of 5 and was a great experience. Only problem I had was some group, trying to beat there bill the day we arrived. The trip was awesome, people and staff over accomodating. Think I will pickup 1 or 2 of these units for investment value. Read someone talked about poor construction, guess they have no clue of condos and values. Rooms were nice clean, and well appointed. Staff was great I do realize this project is still being built but anyone with insight not hindsight will jump on board. Great value great prices, great staff Thanks Island Club West

We will NEVER be back to this place

We stayed here in April 2003 and had a very negative experience. It is quite obvious to me that any positive ratings that have been posted on this review site were authored by the people that run this place. That is the reason for the widely disparate reviews you may be reading about. The fact that they have to write up their own fake positive reviews about their own place is quite pathetic.Though it was nice to stay in a townhouse instead of a motel room, our experience at Island Club West was not a good one. The location is far from Disney and Universal and the feeling you get is that you are stranded in the middle of nowhere. None of the cellphones worked. Someone there had a Nextel phone, which seemed to be the only co. that got you a signal - but only for seconds. There was no internet access in the rooms as promised. There was one PC with internet access in the gym and it was constantly being used by someone who appeared to work in the place. There was always a line of people waiting for the PC so after awhile we just gave up trying.On the street right behind our's there was nearly constant noise from the construction. We were woken up by the drilling and banging every morning by before 8AM, even on weekends.The townhomes themselves look OK, but on closer inspection you can see that the construction is very shoddy. There were lots of those disgusting Florida roaches in the kitchen, maybe because of it being a newly-constructed place, but disgusting nonetheless.The worst part was that after we checked out and were told that we had a zero balance, we returned home to find that two weeks later they sent us a bill for bogus charges such as: 1) kitchen utensils (we didn't even use their kitchen utensils), 2)garbage can (why in the world would we steal a garbage can? and even if I were crazy enough to do that, how could I pack that and get in on the plane??!) 3) Cleaning service - we were told that the cleaning was part of the fee we paid, and yet the cleaning crew only showed up twice during our me: a $20.00 charge for closet HANGERS! (which we in no shape or form took!)You couldn't pay me stay in this place again.

Great space

This is the first time we stayed at a condo resort instead of a hotel. I thought the location wouldn't be as convenient since we weren't in a hotel district type of area but it was. We seemed to be on the less busy side of Disney. Everything was so accessible, but a lot of peace and quite. Plus I loved having a more "at home" atmosphere. After long days at the park it was nice to be able to have my own space and the kids have theirs. Not like a hotel room where all you have is one big room with beds to hang out in. I know the development is a work in progress but they sure made our stay pleasant. Plus the cost was about the same as a hotel but we got so much more. I'm glad we gave it a try. We would definitely do it again.

Hell's Island Club

My family of 17; 8 adults, 9 children) stayed in two villas from April 15 to April 25. We were able to escape on 4/25 and check into a real hotel for the remainder of our trip. This place is a joke (and a very bad one) from start to finish. My first villa had no AC (turned out the compressor was missing). The units were not finished (no toilet paper holders/soap/toilet paper/towels). The keys didn't work but it didn't matter because the locks didn't really lock the door. The phone system has everything as a long distance call, you cannot access the internet and you cannot recieve any calls except thru the switchboard which is manned intermittently. My villa backed on the construction trailers so we didn't require an alarm clock. We were woken every morning @ 7:00am (except Sunday) when the crews started their tractors and other equipment. There was no maid service (it was promised), towels are available if you learn where to look for them. The office is totally incapable of resolving problems. The beds are the cheapest money can buy; ok now but I would hate to have to sleep on them next year. My villa had never been occupied---tags were still on the sofas but the construction is very cheap and shoddy; I cut my hand when I touched the metal around the shower door...very sharp edges. No one should trust their vacation to this place.

Not for Us

We stayed April 18-24 in a 2 bdrm Condo. I liked the space and the price was right. No computers in the room as advertised. For being brand new, the Condo was dirty. The doorwall was broken. It was too far from the action (Disney, Universal).The construction and furniture were very cheap. For example, the nightstand drawers were high grade cardboard. It is located in a deserted area---you would not be able to find it at night. There is a strip mall being built adjacent to the Resort. This will be nice when completed.There was a Passover event going on and there was some trouble between the Passover group & the management. The sheriff's cars stayed at the Resort for 2 days we were there. This was a little unnerving. Management would not give us any details why the sherrif was there. We had to ask other guests. I wanted to settle the bill the night before we were departing but management insisted we settle the next morning. Said it would only take 2 minutes. Well, on our way out at 4:00 am in the morning we stopped at the security booth with our VISA card in hand only to be delayed 20 minutes. They even had someone go back to the Condo to inspect it! 20 minutes later we were on our way. Do not trust anything the management has to say.

NICE place would recommend highly

NIce features, friendly staff, close to disney, great value and good personal touches. Rooms were clean and nicely decorated. Kids liked pool area very much...family continues to ask when we are going back.....thanks

great people.

great, fast service. friendly, knowledgeable staff. the service i received was very helpfull. you're people took great care of me. beautiful property, well maintained. great security. clean, no...ULTRA clean room. thanks for making my stay so great. the tiki bar has awesome food for a quick snack. the pool was beautifly done.

Pleasant Change of Pace in Orlando

My wife and I stayed for three days and it was really nice. The price got us interested, but we were very pleased. New construction, a few minutes from Disney but not surrounded by all the clutter. Gated security. Lovely quiet poolside evening to watch the lunar eclipse. We will definitely be back. I would recommend this over the ususal mobbed motel on "the strip". If you are looking for clean, quiet, convienience with all the basic necessities, you will not be disapointed.

Ripped Me Off For Money Again!!!!!

Went on vacation here and will never be back again! Biggest problem is not even over when you check out! Don't be surprised if they charge your credit card for more money a month or 2 after your vacation! Their accounting/reservations systems are all screwed up. I never saw anything like this before and I never want to see it again! The room was OK. The price was good at first glance, but not when they keep charging you more money long after you're gone!!!!

Comments