Acapulco Hotel And Resort

Expedia.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 11% lower than similarly priced 3.5 star hotels

• RitaE8's Profile Photo

Acapulco Hotel And Resort (Daytona Shores)

This Hotel/Resort was Terrible! Room was dirty,Floor looked like it had not been Vacumed at all. The wall behind the TV looked like some one had spit on it.The Refrig. leaked water all over the floor.The Television needed an upgrade.Not to mention that the Elevators were so slow and small.it was faster to take the stairs. The pictures of this place are very mis-leading....The pool and hot tub where stained and DIRTY! We where very disappointed with our stay here. The only plus side was our view over looking our balconey.Other than that I would NOT recommend this place to Anyone!Do your research and pay the extra to stay in a NICER Hotel.!

More about Acapulco Hotel And Resort

Acapulco is great value

by TripAdvisor Member 123Carol

We stayed here for 4 nights in April 2007 and it was fabulous. The room we had faced north, with a great ocean view from the balcony. No screens on the balcony doors, though, but there weren't many bugs outside at all. We had an efficiency with fridge, stove, sink, 2 chairs at a breakfast bar. Only used the fridge to keep drinks cold. The breakfast buffet was a good value too. Cold breakfast is included with your room, and for $5 more per adult, $2.50 for kids, you could get the hot buffet. Included eggs every morning, sausage, porridge and some sort of potato hash (quite good). The pool was lovely and not ever very crowded; our kids practically lived in it. It was very windy when we were there, and the desk clerk told us it's always windy so keep that in mind. The sand was blowing around quite a bit. Only complaint - the elevators were chronically slow (I'd read that on tripadvisor before we booked and it's true). Parking was right on the property and we never had a problem getting a spot. Beware there is construction on the building to the south, so you may wish to request ocean-front or north side as it seemed quite noisy. Otherwise, a great place to stay for a reasonable price.

Enjoyable Stay

by TripAdvisor Member pint27

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel from May 29-June 2 to celebrate our anniversary. We didn't have a car so I did a lot of research before we left by typing in the address on yelp.com to find what was nearby. We really wanted to be close to a grocery store since we only wanted to go out to dinner one night because of cab fares. We found a Winn Dixie about a mile away that was within walking distance. There is also a mini golf course right across the street that we enjoyed. I also called a few days before our arrival and requested a northside room based on the below reviews, and they were very accomadating.

When we arrived we were disappointed that our room had 2 double beds, so we went down and asked for an upgrade. I think they took one look at my tall boyfriend and felt sorry for me, so they upgraded us to a King size efficency at no charge which we were thrilled about!

I agree with others that the elevators are very slow, so plan accordingly. Another great aspect of this hotel is that every room has an ocean view, however the balconies are smaller than we would have liked. The pool was great and there was always enough chairs. We were disappointed that the two hot tubs did not have jets. One day they were luke warm and then the next very hot. In addition, we were not thrilled with the advertised restaurant and bar because it was never open. We were looking forward to the Tiki bar, which again was never open during our stay. I would not recommend paying the $5 for the hot breakfast- crunchy pankcakes, etc. We then saw a poster in front of the restaurant claiming that there was room service. We were interested in seeing the menu and mentioned at the front desk that we would like to see it. They said that it was in our room, which it wasn't. They then said that they must not have room service. Unfortunately, it seemed that the front desk people were not that well informed about much.

Lastly, I would like to dispell the rumors that the staff was not friendly. I have never been to a place where the staff was so concerned with our stay. The cleaning staff was always making sure we were happy with our accomadations and did a great job at keeping the room in a great condition.

not what I expected

by TripAdvisor Member catdill45

My husband and I spent 3 nights there over last week-end. As soon as we got there the room was ready, actually it was a relief because that was the day of the tropical storm barry that arrived just around the time we were driving there. The floor of our room by the balcony was very wet..that's fine...they sent someone to dry vac it up and put towels down...well the towels stayed on the floor until the last day when I picked them up and put them in the bathroom. The housekeeper was very lazy..all she did was make the bed...dirty cups and coffee maker left in the sink every day, which I cleaned out when we returned to our room to change..The air conditioner turned off all night long and after complaining to the front desk, they sent up someone to fix it..that didn't work and as we checked out the girl at the desk told me that that's what happens when it's on automatic...

the pool area and beach was very nice except for the tiny little towels that they claim were "beach towels", also the tiki bar was as big as my grandson's tiny tykes play house and they have signs all around about bar and grill and I didn't see any food there except for breakfast...ver y disappointing...

what we wanted

by TripAdvisor Member lilmo

stayed here June 27-July 2. Good location. Clean rooms. Very nice staff especially at the breakfast bar. Breakfast was good for what it was. I just ate the cold breakfast each day but hubby and kid ate hot. Pool was clean. tiki bar was open--drinks good. Able to rent umbrella and chairs on the beach for $25 per day. We did it one day. You could rent 4 wheelers etc.... too. Beach was great! Waves were fun! The elevators were a little slow but didn't really have much problem. Mini-golf right across street. we liked having a car so we could go explore. Nice having frdge and micro in room.Bathroom was small. Beds comfy. Great view from balcony.
I would have hated staying at the "pier" area---tooooooo busy.
We would stay here again. If I could improve on it I would have liked more entertainment or a tiki bar that stayed open past 4 but for the price I would be back!!!!

The Acapulco is Great!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Dorothy035

We have been to the Acapulco many times (2006 - 2007) and each time we were more than satisfied with the staff, cleaniness, housekeeping, (always willing to give us more towels!!) the pools, etc. The parking is a little tight, but where is it not?? The front desk staff was friendly and more than eager to help out with any questions and gave us ample information on anything we could ask. The breakfast was wonderful and quick. The pool area was clean and hottubs great!! Even had towels at the pool. Everyone was friendly and we felt like we were among family. Those that complain about the Acapulco are more than likely to complain no matter where they stay. The beds were comfortable (possibly new) and all efficiencies well equipped. When we go to Daytona Beach, we will stay at the Acapulco!! Prices are reasonable and competitive. We love it there!!

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member jofarc2002

My mom used to bring us to this hotel when I was a teenager and then when I was a young mother for family vacations. I haven't been back in 9-10 years. We stayed (husband, two sons 12,15 and my niece 8). Check in was kind of slow, they have a small desk only 2 people working and there seemed to be a bunch of walkins looking for rooms. I had made my reservations online so once I got up there my checkin was quick. I found that they had given me the wrong room (I had requested an effieciency) once my family got to the room. A quick call and they changed our room without adding the upgrade fee (very nice). Any of the upper floors have a great view with the ocean view rooms.

The hotel was completely remodeled last year and the rooms are beautiful. The pool is nice and the kids loved going in the hottubs (there are two)....I have no idea why when it was 90+ degrees outside. The kids enjoyed boogie bording in the ocean. My husband LOVES fishing and fished both nights directly behind the hotel....(he caught a 3 foot shark).

The breakfast buffet is excellent for a hotel. The cold bar is complementary....they have fruit, muffins, bagels, english muffins, toast, cereal, juice, coffee, milk. The hot bar which cost $5 adult and $2.50 kids was not bad...only a few selections but very cheap....scrambled eggs, french toast, sausage, potatoes, grits. The staff is VERY helpful but there was just not enough staff to get to everyone....they don't have the juice out so you have to "order" it from the staff.

We went to the boardwalk...which was a blast from the past.....it was still seedy....like a dirty county fair...but the kids had fun playing those stupid games that give out tickets. It was nice to drive back to the hotel which is a lot quieter. If your wanting a lot of things to do...walk around...then stay closer to the boardwalk but if your wanting the best of both stay at the acapulco and then drive the mile or so to the boardwalk.

We will definatley go back.

Hotel not so bad employees need a little more work ethics.

by TripAdvisor Member biketoberfest

My husband and I went to Daytona Beach the week of the 18th stayed two nights at the Acapulco Hotel. At the time of checking in to the hotel I should of known this wasn't going to be pleasent. After being explained to about all of the things that we were going to be charged such as parking your vehicle in the parking lot. Since we pulled a trailer with a motor cycle on it I was then told we would have to park the trailer 3 blocks down the street and the cost of I believe she said 15.00 a night. I had then ask where was the motorcycle suppose to be parked and I guess the look on my face explained my flustration because then she told me she wasn't going to charge for the motor cycle. Then when booking the hotel room you have to be very careful because the only choice at the time I booked had an oceanview and that is just what we wanted a view of the ocean. Checking in I was advised by this person that they have oceanview and oceanfront. What I wanted was oceanfront she said and that would be 20.00 more. Of course we stuck with what she gave us because by that time I was totally exhausted from the trip and just wanted to lay down. We go to our room which was on the second floor. Ok your at a bike rally which they put all of the people with bikes on the same side of the hotel which wasn't the problem I believe I must of made her mad about inquireing about the cost of parking and the room because we never saw anyone else on the second floor and got to hear the motorcycles come in at all hours of the night since we were right under where they had roped off for the motorcycles and a good majority parked. Then it gets better. We got up the next day to go sight seeing and decided to let the maid clean the room. We picked up basically everything, put the luggage to where all the cleaning person had to do is change the bed and leave clean towels, sweep floor or vacume. I had set a pair of my flip flops on my luggage which when we came back to the hotel had been moved to along the wall. Why I have no Idea they wern't even on the floor to begin with. But we figured they were just straightening up. Then we go to the bathroom which my husband smokes so there were ashes still on the floor. Wasn't that concerned. Then we go to bed pull down the covers and the sheets hadn't been changed. Just figured that if you stay more than one night they don't change them everyday. After laying in bed I looked around the room and was looking at the coffee pot which looked like it still had coffee in it. I had my husband get up and check it and sure enough it was still dirty. This started to bother me because we had straightened up the room sat my flip flops on the luggage where they had really no buisness touching but yet moved them and then couldn't change the sheets nor clean the coffee pot. I got out of bed and went down stairs to speak to the manager which told me that they were green"I'm guessing that means that the cleaning people were doing this for the first time" I don't know. Then she started appologizing to me and said she would send them up the next day. When I explained to her that this would be our last night and that my husband had already cleaned it out so he could use it in the morning. She asked if the cleaning people had left any coffee for us in the morning and at that time I wasn't sure so she gave us coffee and some shampoo. The cleaning person left coffee so why didn't they clean the coffee pot?There was some good out of this stay the room was nice and there was a gentlman behind the counter that was very helpful in finding a nice restaurant that sold steaks since your around the ocean it seemed like everything was sea food. Nice hotel just needs some customer service training.

Acapulco Plaza-nice place for a retreat.

by TripAdvisor Member Bandit49

My husband and I took a quick 2 nite get away and choice the Acapulco on the beach in Daytona Beach, Fl. What a pleasant surprise-nice, clean rooms overlooking the beach, pool area and ocean. The pool is nice size and has a hot tub also. Continental breakfast was good also and plenty to choose from . I would recommend this hotel Give it above average for a beach front hotel. It is close to Top of Daytona-talk about a view -from the 29th floor-early bird dinner is great and the guitar player on Wed/Thur/Fri and Sat nites is wonderful. Gotta go here.

Great rooms, great oceanviews-can't beat it!

by TripAdvisor Member FloridaCruisergal

Loved my stay here and I will definitely come back!
The hotel is owned by daytonahotelsdotcom, (Ocean Waters?) who owns lots of hotels in Daytona Beach from very budget (SunnyShores) to luxury (The Palm). I got a great fall special at the Acapulco. It was about $75 us per night based on a 2 night stay, compared to $150 regular, I think. This was for an OceanFront room (looks right over pool and ocean) with a small fridge, microwave and stove, and full dishware and pots and pans and toaster, bowls, etc. Perfect for 2 people or a family. You wash your own dishes, but they supply very nice dish towels.

The hotel was recently renovated due to the hurricanes a few years ago, so most areas look new. The rooms are very nice, more upscale looking than you imagine for the price. Very clean and furniture looks new and upscale. Air was nice and cold. No mold. Beds were firn, but not rock hard. you can tell they are fairly new. Nice linens.

The bathroom was very picture perfect pretty, small, but very pretty. No charge toiltries were from Bath & Body Works, and smelled great. I have long hair and needed additional shampoo and the housekeeper gave me plenty of extra....no poblem..very nice.

I checked in at night, and the front desk clerk was very pleasant, as was the bellman, who had funny stories to tell the whole way to the room. Cold continental breakfast was free, but for $5 extra you could get hot also. (Eggs, sausage, bacon) I made do very nicely with the cold. Full belly. Since this hotel is in Daytona Beach Shores, it is on the south quiet end, so a car is needed. There are not many places to eat unless you drive into downtown or on the Speedway Drive. I brought fresh and frozen food, so I never had to eat out. (Note: Freezer is small, but a Publix grocery is across the street)

The beach is not crowded and is clean. (except natures little joke--the seaweed) You can find some small white scallop shells after high tide goes out twice a day, but nothing fancy, but a cute souvenier. The pool was "clean" and relaxing. If you like to go to the pool early, call and find out if towels are out yet, as you may need to bring some down.

The only thng I would mention is that the bar may or may not be open depending on how full the hotel is. Same goes for the poolside Tiki bar. I had Corona's and Bloody Marys in my room for my restful balcony retreats, so I planned just fine! I had to seagulls or bugs on the balcony. Very clean.The elevator runs slow, so if you want, take all trips down by stairs and save waiting time....no biggie.

I recommend this hotel as A+. Honestly, You would have to go to the Hilton or Wyndham to get type of rooms they have here. I'll try to upload a few pictures. Every employee there was very pleasant or better, and I will be sure to come back next time I go to Daytona Beach! Hope this helps your research!

My Getaway Spot

by TripAdvisor Member ohiolovesfloridia

A spot away from the hub bub up the beach. Glad to see it reopened and back in business after being renovated after the hurricanes. Just make sure you take your expedia registration as they seem to not want to put you in the correct room. After seeing the printout, no problem getting what wanted. Nice cold breakfast bar in the AM. Pleasant staff at this meal. Get a north side room as huge condo going up on the southside.
Stayed when this opened up almost thirty years ago, and enjoy going back when I can.

wise guyswise guys

Crabby Joe's from beach.Crabby Joe's from beach.

shuttle at the Kennedy Space Centershuttle at the Kennedy Space Center