2001 South Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach, Florida, 32118, United States

Orbitz.com Hotels.com Expedia.com

Rated 14% higher but also costs 36% more than other 3 star hotels

• Daytona Bahama House and beaches

Me and my friends gone to Daytona Beach last December 2008, where we experienced good quality serving and food. Especially there is Hotel with name Daytona Bahama House, which is well known for its quality of service and food. Many people from different areas and different countries visit this place for site seeing purpose.

Main specialty about this hotel is that, the beach is located very next to the hotel. At the evening it is marvelous to hear the noise made by the waves.

So why are you waiting visit. www.daytonabahamahouse.com and book your day at hotel

Unique Quality: Accomodation, facilities and service is very good.

Directions: DaytonaBeach

• Great views!

Spent some time visiting family, trip to Disneyworld, space place etc and wanted just a few days to chill with some nice ozoney ocean to regenerate my soul. The Bahama Place was perfect, nice neighborhood, not too busy area, clean rooms and that wonderful beach with enough ozone to keep me happy for a long time yet.

The staff were great, views to die for..loved the flea market, Crabby Joe for food with Florida atmoshpere.

Recommend as found great value for money.

Unique Quality: great views
    very clean
    friendly

More about Bahama House

Loved the Bahama House

Our family stayed at the Bahama House March 28-April 1 for our Spring Break. Our corner room on the 9th floor had spectacular views of the ocean with a nice sized balcony. We had two double beds and a sofa sleeper. The bedroom room area was over-sized with a small kitchen with a cooktop and refridgerator. We had 6 people and always had plenty of room.

The daily breakfast and "cocktail" hour were great and gave us a chance to meet other people staying at the hotel. The pool area had plenty of chairs, although we did go down early to "reserve" the prime spots.

The staff was great. They were very friendly.

We would definitely return to the Bahama House!

Loved the Bahama House but

The Bahama House is by the far the best place I have ever stayed at the staff goes above and beyond, the motel itself is beautiful and the happy hour is out of this world not only do they cater to the adults but go out of their way to make special treats for the kids. If this motel was in Panama City or Destin or just somewhere on the Gulf I would be back every 6 months but Daytona Beach is a hell hole. There nothing but Pizza joints and the 3 times we tried to eat seafood was a disaster we wound up having to walk out of the Lighthouse restaurant because after we ordered we sat for 2 hours waiting and never even got our appetizer or salads every place down there is in slow motion and rude. The only good place we ate at turned out to be a barbeque place called Hog Heaven.
All of that aside. THE BAHAMA HOUSE IS THE BEST!!!!!

We loved the Bahama House

by TripAdvisor Member imawinslow

I recently stayed at the Bahama House after searching for quite some time for a hotel that had good reviews on Trip Advisor and a price I could afford. The pictures on their website looked good and it had mostly good reviews with only a couple that were negative. Since I realize that sometimes people are not happy no matter what happens I decided to take a chance and make a reservation. My family and I stayed there the week of June 12th. Let me begin by saying that this is one of the cleanest, nicest hotels I have ever stayed in. There were 6 in our family (4 teenagers) and the room we rented was plenty big for all of us and we never felt crowded. It had a nice kitchenette with a microwave and a large refrigerator with an icemaker. Every morning they have a continental breakfast that consists of cereals, doughnuts, bagels, toast, fruit, coffee, etc. There was always room to sit and you could take it back to the room if you wanted to. After breakfast there were fresh baked cookies placed on the front desk for anyone to have. The pool and hot tub was nice. There were plenty of chairs around the pool and tables with umbrellas. Also there is another level of sundeck that faces the ocean and there are chairs located there. Every afternoon (except Sunday and Monday) there is an activity at 1:00 for a small materials fee. My daughter and I made bracelets and painted sun catchers. Later in the day there is another activity such as bingo or a magic show. There is a free happy hour from 5:30-6:30 and they have a popcorn machine for the kids (or adults). There is parking around the hotel or underground. There is a lot of staff available to assist you and everyone I had contact with was extremely nice. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel. A lot of times when we have went on vacation we have looked at other hotels to see if we might want to stay somewhere else at a later date but my husband and I agree that after staying here there is no need to look anywhere else.

My wife and I were visiting from Europe and found the Bahama House by luck! We so enjoyed the personal touches like the warm cookies and the free cocktail hour. The staff were wery helpful with our daytrips. Rooms were extremely spacious and clean. We will be back!

What a great place to stay!!!

Stayed at the Bahama House from March 18 to March 23. What a fantastic place to stay. The room we had was HUGE, with a wonderful kitchen set-up. And it was stocked with all the utensils one might need to whip up something to eat. The location was perfect and the view from th balcony was breathtaking.

The staff at the Bahama House was some of the friendliest I have ever run into. There wasn't a time that they were not smiling and very proffesional. The morning continental breakfast was wonderful for starting the day and the afternoon manager reception hit the spot.

The wife and I have decided that is definatly the place for us and are already planning our next stay with them.

Sweaty, dirty and strange views

by TripAdvisor Member razord

Spent one night at the Bahama House to get away from what I percieved as "abused" interstate cookie-cutter motels. From my experience I should have stayed on the interstate. Theh only reason I am giving a rating of two is that the front desk staff seemed to empathize with my experience and did seem to understand my discomfort. Probably my one memory of this hotel is truly "sweaty." There is no air conditioning in the lobby or in the continental breakfast area. The AC in the room was only passable. The weather was terrible due to a tropical storm moving north in the gulf of Mexico, and the wind was so high we couldn't walk outside. This may have been a good thing because from everything we could see, the commerce in the area is an adult video store, a tatoo parlor and a no-name quick stop convenience store with a sofa and lazy boy chair sitting outside (in the rain). Probably the best thing is that they have underground parking so that I could get the car out of the salt spray off the ocean and could go to and from the car without getting outside in the monsoon. The continental breakfast was a joke. Stale bagles, & bread, cereal and room temperature milk. Coffee was about the only thing done well. Room was too small for a continental breakfast in a hotel this large. On top of everything else, Daytona Beach is a real dump. "Seedy to the extreme" is what my family decided upon as the description. Apparently north of Daytona beach there is a good Adam's Mark resort that I later found out would have cost me the same thing as Bahama House. I don't think I will ever go back to Daytona Beach and definitely not Bahama House. Room dirty, ceiling dirty, carpet grimy, halls hot and humid, moderate to no AC in room. I took this place sight unseen based on the recommendations of Trip Advisor but thse who rate this place high must have stayed at a different hotel or haven't ever stayed in a better place than this.

A warm, friendly place!

We recently stayed at the Bahama House in Daytona Beach, Fl. during the National Collegiate Dance and Cheer championships April 6-9, 2005. It was a great small hotel, well maintained, with a free breakfast and free cocktail hour. What a bonus! We usually go to large 5 star hotels but Daytona Beach was filled with college students at this time and we luckily found this hotel on Trip Advisor. What a find! It was as good as a hotel that costs 3 times more! We really liked the cleanliness of the room and the very helpful, responsive staff. They made dinner reservations at great restaurants and were eager to help with directions, etc. The guests included some college groups and they were very well-behaved and polite, perhaps due to the good treatment they received by the staff. The room had a nice balcony overlooking the beach and there is ample free convenient parking. We would definitely go back again!

Daytona Beach in November 2008

by lippygloss

Hi everyone....do you suggest booking well in advance for accomodation at Daytona Beach for November Turkey Run 2008? is it very crowded and difficult to get accomodation that time of the year?

Also can anyone tell me if there is any musical entertainment on the beaches during the Turkey Run?

Last question.....roughly how much does it cost to hire a car in Daytona per day? do you recommend we hire a car or use public transport?

Thanks in advance

by Jwoiv

In November there should be no problem finding a place to stay. The entire area is at least 35 miles long packed with places to stay. I would advise a rental car. Two suggestions, you might try Hotwire.cpm and see what they offer for rental places and for a good price on a rental car. You might also check Vacation Rentals by owner (you can google the site VRBO and check rentals for condo's. You can call owners directly and having been a condo owner there, many would be thrilled to rent you a condo at a very reasonable price that time of year. Good Luck

by lippygloss

Thankyou JWOIV for your reply....actually the condo's are getting our 'thumbs up' they are bigger than the average hotel room and they have seperate bedrooms too, as i notice alot of the hotels are offering 2 beds in the one room!(not happy with that) i have gone online to both of your suggestions, and your advice is great...many thanks!
Since you were/are a condo owner, is the booking absolutely guaranteed, as we are from Australia, it is very hard to know if all is 'above board' would be terribly disappointed if it fell through!

Cheers

by Jwoiv

I have never heard of a problem but if you use VRBO site you can call and talk with the owner and msot have feedback pages from prior guests. Good luck.

by whammersol

I stay in Daytona every year for the turkey run, bike week, Daytona 500, and bike week. Every time I go I stay at Daytona Bahama House. The staff is great and always let me know where to go. I hope I have helped you with your question.

Comments