Best Western Aku Tiki Inn

BEST WESTERN Aku Tiki Inn
Booking.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 13% higher than other 3 star hotels

• The Best Place to stay in daytona beach!

My family and I enjoy going to this hotel every spring break and summer. The rooms are clean and they have a great view of the pool and ocean. Each morning they have freshly baked cookies at the front desk.The Traders resturaunt is amazing . The hotel is so much fun and you can meet a lot of new people. We have met people that go there every year about the time that we go and we catch up with each other every year. It's the best value and it's close to all the Daytona fun.I fully recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a romantic or family trip.

Unique Quality: The rooms are extremely clean. The pool is clear, clean, and beautiful, The ping-pong tables add great fn to the day. The workout room is amazing. The rooms have a great view of the ocean. The food at the Traders resturaunt is great. The service in the hotel is outstanding.

Directions: Directly south on A1A.

• The Best Place to stay in daytona beach!

Directions: Directly south on A1A.

More about Best Western Aku Tiki Inn

Best Western, Aku Tiki Inn

by TripAdvisor Member tampaskis

It was a spur of the moment decision; we decided to head across the state to see the shuttle take off then head north to Daytona beach for the rest of the weekend. We booked the hotel on the internet Friday around noon. We got the Best Rate deal ($129) which gives you the lowest rate, then they give you the best room available on arrival. We arrived just before 9 p.m. and the room was spacious, with full kitchenette with a pool side and ocean view. Everything was well-appointed, and nicely kept and the staff looked after the little things, like providing activities and crafts for children, warm towels when entering the pool area and freshly baked homemade cookies at the front desk in the morning. I've stayed at several different hotels in Daytona over the past 30 years, but this was by far the best. Did I mention the pool was quite large and there was also a smaller pool for the little tykes to wade in? It was an added bonus that the ocean was the perfect temperature, the air relatively dry with a light breeze and not a cloud in the sky! Our stay was terrific and exceeded all our expectations. It was a weekend we will remember!

Awesome Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Oglet

We stayed here first time as a last resort we had a bad hotel experience in Tampa and come back to daytona at 2am in the morning and checked in. The staff are great, we were given welcome kits for everyone who was staying which included razors, toothpaste, shower gel, deoderant and other misc things. We loved it so much we booked a stay for 3 nights later in the week. The pool is huge and very clean with beautiful scenery. They even have a kids pool for young children.

The rooms are very very clean, I could not personally fault anything with the rooms, Our TV did have a problem however they had someone up to fix it within 2 minutes after informing the front desk.

I would highly suggest if you are in the daytona area that you visit this hotel.

New, Improved and Fantastic!!

by TripAdvisor Member ffriend

I returned to the Aku Tiki after my last stay in August. The hotel has been remodeled since my last stay. The rooms no longer smell of mildew. The mattresses are new and comfortable. The newest addition is the breakfast buffet at the hotel restuarant. The food in general is very good but the breakfast buffet is not only good but also a bargain: $8 per adult and $5 per child. We ate a big breakfast, swam in the pool all day and enjoyed our entire vacation without having to leave the hotel.

A Home Away From Home

by TripAdvisor Member DAWGTRIP

If you have ever been to Daytona Beach you know that some of the places to stay are dumps . Being at the beach and spring break, the hotels take a beating. Even the more pricy hotel sometimes leave alot to be desired.
The Aku Tiki Inn is a cut above the rest. This hotel is a great place to stay for a family.
The rooms are large and well kept, the hotel pool is great, and the service is superd.
They go that extra step to make your vacation stay a great one. We will be back.

DAWGTRIP

Meet my expectations !

by TripAdvisor Member mustang2005

Date : Nov.3
Did meet my expectations!

Nice hotel, just finish renovating few months ago.
The room was clean and feel fresh.
We did have an oceanfront room and we loved it!
Don't expect a 4 stars hotels but I would rate it at a 3.5 stars.
Nice view from the balcony and the balcony was really spotless.
The restaurant on-sit was very friendly and very good food and we love the manager happy hour!
The weather in Daytona was not that good ( cool ) and the beach did not had a nice sand.
We will not be back in Daytona Beach because we feel that that part of the town is getting old and you can see lots of empty store.

Martin and Marie-Josee from Magog, Canada

Daytona Beach Secret!!

by TripAdvisor Member Wicked131

I stayed at the Best Western Aku Tiki last weekend for a wedding I attended in town and I had the best time. You'd never know it if you just drove on by. I had my reservations when the host of the wedding said they were holding rooms there. I thought it would be just "ok". To my surprise, the hotel was beautiful! Friendly staff and spotless rooms!! The pool deck is one of the nicest I've seen and the full service restaurant was very convenient. It was really a very cozy place. I would definately return with my family for a vacation.

Smokers' Paradise!

by TripAdvisor Member AAmyA

Are you a smoker looking for a clean beachfront property where you can smoke literally ANYWHERE on hotel property, even while you're actually IN the pool at the shallow end surrounded by playing children? If so, this is the hotel for you! If you are a non-smoker looking for a place to take your family, do NOT take your family to the Aku Tiki! We could not escape the cigarette smoke. We couldn't sit on our own beachview balcony that we paid extra for, we couldn't relax in the pool area, we couldn't sit on the sundeck, we had to walk down the beach to get away from it! It seemed as if literally EVERYONE except us smoked at this hotel. We were either breathing cigarette smoke or sweeping away butts on every inch of this property except our hotel room. The halls, the stairsways, the concrete paths, the pool area, ALL covered in butts. When I complained to management after we (and another family) had to leave the pool yet again for the smoke and the bad language in front of the multitudes of children in the pool ("Show us your hooters!!" and similar comments by a man yelled from the pool area to a woman on a balcony several floors up) I was told that there's no law against smoking around the kids in the pool, and that smokers pay their bills just like non-smokers, and as far as bad language yelled in the pool area, he couldn't control the people who stay at the hotel and he's satisfied as long as they break no laws and pay their bills. Our room was clean, the kids' activities coordinator was wonderful (Kate) and the location was nice, right across the street from a grocery store and a great little BBQ place (Luke's). The beach was beautiful. I would not consider recommending this hotel to a family.

Cute place

by TripAdvisor Member dmerrill

I thought the hotel name and the theme to the hotel was very unique and creative. It was very nice inside and the service was good. I only stayed one night so I didn't get the full affect of the hotel scene but from what I saw it seemed to be a great hotel.

Comments