Conch House

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 28% lower than similarly priced 2.5 star hotels

• KrisKaden's Profile Photo

dirty accomodations

I stayed here for spring break in 2005. It was the worst hotel I have ever been in. Roaches came out of the pipes while I was taking a shower, the rooom smelled musty, and it was just all in all run down.

We booked a "suite" that had two bedrooms, however when we got there we discovered that there was in fact no doors seperating the rooms. There were doorways, but no doors.

According to travel websites the hotel is under new management and is being redone. Maybe when that process is over this would be a good place to stay as the location is actually great. It is directly on the ocean and only like a 10 minute walk down to the boardwalk area. When I stayed there the prices were very reasonable, however, had I known what a dump it was going to be I would have shelled out more money to stay somewhere else.

If you're considering staying here, ask the management how the refurbishment is going and what they have done to clean the place up.

Also, unless you're a college student, you will probably want to make sure that your vacation doesn't coincide with spring break because everything will be over run (and LOUD) with college students.

Regardless, given my experiences, I wouldn't stay there again.

Unique Quality: Great location, but dirty roach infested rooms.

• tatyanap's Profile Photo

Cheap Beachfront Motel

This motel is located directly on the beach. The rooms are cheap (we paid less than $50 per night), but old and not well maintained.

There are many restaurants and attractions withing walking distance. You can see the Pier from the motel. Also, the mall is about two blocks away.

Although the bathtub, sink, and commode were fine, the bathroom mirror was dirty. There was only one trash can.

Unique Quality: Nice pool, free coffee/donuts, right on the beach, mall/restaurants are only two blocks away.

Micro-fridge, microwave, and electronic safe in the room.

Directions: Take I-95 South to exit number 273, US-1.
    Turn left onto US-1, turn left onto W Granada Blvd, go across the bridge, turn right onto S Atlantic Ave, motel will be on the right.

More about Conch House

FLORIDA - THE SUNSHINE STATE

by LoriPori

"OUR TRIP TO FLORIDA JANUARY 2007"

Hans and I have been to Florida on many occasions, the latest of which was January, 2007. Our main reason this time was to visit Hans' brother and family, whom we hadn't seen for five years. In those five years, his family grew by five more grandchildren, so we were excited to meet these little people.
This year's visit started off in St. Augustine for "HANSIFEST". Katmosphere and Shohman put together a wonderful weekend VT Meet starting off with dinner Friday night at O.C. White's. Saturdayit was lunch at the Conch House and in the evening the "Haunted Pub Tour". A great time was had by all.
After Hansifest, we headed towards Mount Dora / Tavares areas to visit Hans' brother. During our week long stay we visited the quaint little town of Mount Dora and went on two boat rides.The first one was on Crystal River on the Gulf side. There we were thrilled to see many manatees in the river. The second was on the Dead River where we saw many different water birds.
After our week there, we headed for the Gulf and Sarasota. We heard it was beautiful there and were not disappointed. We stayed in Sarasota for three days, then headed for Fort Meyers Beach, where a good friend of ours had a condo. We enjoyed our time with her and loved Fort Meyers Beach. Many of our Canadian Snowbirds ( Seniors ) winter there as the temperatures are always warmer than the northern parts of Florida.

Conch HouseConch House

November in Daytona Beach

by yellowlab

My husband and I will be going to Daytona Beach for four days over Veteran's Day weekend in November. What kind of weather can we expect then? Will it be warm enough to do the beach? And,lastly, can anyone recommend some romantic restaurants in the area? We'll have a car and don't mind travelling a bit.

TIA.

RE: November in Daytona Beach

by iluvtrvl

Early November weather can be balmy or chilly....if a N'oreaster settles in, plan on chilly - if not, the days will be warm enough for the beach, but plan on pants and a light jacket in the evening. If you are from the North, even a N'oreaster probably won't seem chilly for you....

If you are up to a drive, I would recommend the Conch House in St. Augustine. My travel pages have info. St. Augustine is about an hour north of Daytona.

Enjoy Daytona Beach!

RE: November in Daytona Beach

by yellowlab

Thank you for your restaurant suggestion in St. Augustine. I also read your travel page for St. Augustine. We will definitely head over there, as we will have a rental car.

Thanks again.