219 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, Florida, 32118, United States

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 17% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• All of the rooms are privately owned

For those of you not familiar with Daytona Beach, the Daytona Inn Beach Resort, like most of the hotels in Daytona Beach, is a Condominium-Hotel, a.k.a. Condo-tel. All of the rooms are privately owned by individuals like you and me. But not all of the rooms belong to the rental program that is managed by the front desk. What this means is that you can rent some of the rooms out by dealing directly with the rooms' owner, and you can rent some of the rooms out by dealing with the front desk.

When you rent your room from the front desk, you get all of the amenities you'd expect from a hotel: reprogrammable keys, toiletries, clean sheets, maid service, housecleaning, maintenance crew, etc. It's just like your traditional hotel service.

On the other hand, if you rent your room directly from one of the owners, you don't get the amenities provided by the front desk. You get whatever the owner promised you (if anything) when you made your arrangement with the owner. Since most owners don't live onsite, there's a good chance you won't receive much in the way of personal service, compared to the dedicated onsite front desk staff that works for the rental program.

So, for example, when you read a post here from someone saying that the front desk didn't help them out, it's most likely because the person rented a room directly from an owner who doesn't belong to the rental program. Owners on the rental program pay a fee to the front desk to take care of their rooms for them and provide all of the comforts you expect from a hotel. It's not that the front desk staff is being rude or unfriendly, but rather it's not their responsibility to take care of rooms that don't belong to them. Owners who rent their rooms out themselves must also service their rooms themselves.

So, by all means, stay at the Daytona Inn Beach Resort. It's a great location at a great price. But make sure you reserve your room through their official company website, their phone reservation system, or through one of their travel agents. Don't rent from an owner directly. If you do, you are on your own.

If you think this type of arrangement is peculiar, you should know that most of the large hotel chains run like this. Most large hotel chains don't actually own the buildings that they run. They collect a management fee. An example of this is Hilton Management Services (HMS), which runs most of the Hilton-branded hotels. Hilton collects a percentage of the revenue for themselves in exchange for running someone's hotel for them and putting the Hilton brand name on it. Even the Plaza hotel in NYC and some of the Trump properties are actually condo-tels. You'd be surprised :o)

Unique Quality: No-drive section of the beach
    Close to all of the downtown amenities
    Free parking
    Low price

• Do not waste your money!

We arrived at Daytona Inn anxious to check into our rooms and exhausted from a long drive. We were greeted by rude and unprofessional staff. We waited four hours to get into our room only to find out that because it is privately owned, the hotel staff have no way of getting into it. That would have been nice to know when we checked in four hours earlier. We were told "It's not my problem". How rude!! We came in two vehicles as well without being told that you can only park one vehicle at the hotel and the other you have to pay to park daily. We left to find a place to park and could not find one. The hotel staff then wrote a parking pass. What a waste of our time. It could have been a nice stay from that point on BUT our vacation was interrupted when we found SEVEN cockroaches in our room in one night. We were told by several staff members that they were not cockroaches and were just palmetto bugs. Duh...palmetto bugs ARE cockroaches and NO ONE wants to deal with them when they're on vacation! The staff was not cooperative at all and seemed to not even care. We also spent the entire week trying to avoid people soliciting in the parking lot and on the beach, ANNOYING! Our room was nonsmoking as well but the smoke from the room next to us filled the bedroom. I could hardly sleep at night because it was suffocating. If you want a relaxing vacation where you will be treated with respect by the hotel workers.....do not go to Daytona Inn.

More about Daytona Inn Beach Resort

we had a great time

by TripAdvisor Member 60898Fred

My family and I just visited Daytona Beach. We did not have reservations and went into Daytona Inn Beach Resort. The front desk clerk was very friendly and gave us a great rate. We had a little kitchen which was great for the kids' snacks, soda's, etc. We walked to the Boardwalk and even took a Trolley Boat ridge. Had a great time and we will definetly go back. Fred Harrison-1/3/05

I Look Forward to My Stay Every Year at this Property

I love staying at Daytona Inn Beach Resort because of the location, traffic free beach and the staff. Everyone is friendly and helpful. I love the fact that each room is decorated differently and always nice and clean. Each year when I go for Bike Week I look forward to the friendly faces of the staff and that I can walk to everything.

Perfect for us

by TripAdvisor Member mandijcandi

We just recently stayed at the Daytona Inn Beach Resort for spring break. A few days before we left for Florida, we read the reviews..the reviews are so wrong. It wasn't bad at all. The location is perfect and the beach is traffic free but still right by where you can drive on the beach. You can't go to this hotel expecting the Hilton b/c it's not and is a lot cheaper. We had so much fun and met so many people our age. If you are going to Daytona for something like spring break it's perfect but I wouldn't suggest it for a family vacation.

Nice accommodations

We just returned from a three night stay at Daytona Inn Beach Resort and found it to be totally satisfactory. We've stayed there before and are happy to see that a lot of remodeling of the rooms is going on. We found the management and staff to be very helpful and anxious to please. We like this section of the beach because vehicles are not allowed to drive on the sand in front of the Inn. This means that those who enjoy strolling the beach do not have to worry about motorized traffic. The Inn is not the most modern on the beach, but then, their prices are not the highest. We'll certainly try it again!

still in shock!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member gidget1945

We go to Daytona for Spring break every year, and always look for a family priced place to stay, but this year we made the mistake of going to the daytona inn beach resort.
It was the biggest RAT HOLE you can imagine.
we found used condoms under the bed and trash and old food. the place was filthy and the office could care less, as they already had our money
We are not use to staying at the RITZ but this was un real!!!!
It was also not that cheap, but we were desperate for a place to stay so we took a chance.
NEVER AGAIN!!!!!
p.s. It was not in an area I would ever stay again with kids. The bar that shares the parkinglot with it had some really rough looking characters
hanging around the whole time.

Not exactly what is advertised!

We stayed here 1/19-1/25/05, and found the accomodations disappointing. First, we reserved a smoking room, and the room we were directed to was clearly a non-smoking room. I called the front desk and was told there were no other rooms available (even though the place appeared to be half empty), but that we should "go ahead and smoke", and we could come down and get ashtrays. Obviously, a non-smoking room means nothing here. The room was very run down, and dirty. The floor was so filthy that my feet were black after going barefoot for about 5 minutes. I complained, and a housekeeper mopped the floor--however, there was broken glass and other debri under the beds that remained there for the entire 5 days we were there. The furniture appeared to come from a salvage yard. The couch was so dirty that I was afraid to sit on it. The beds were very uncomfortable, and mattresses were worn and ripped, with "as is, no warranty" stamped on them--apparently bought used by the hotel. There were not even blankets on the beds, just one worn blanket with holes in it that was in the closet. There were also quite prominent colonies of mold growing on the ceiling, and clumps of hair on the windowsill in the bathroom. Overall, pretty gross. The weather turned cold during our stay, and we quickly found that the heat did nothing but blow cold air. When I reported this to the front desk, I was assured that they were turning on the heat and in a couple of hours it would be working. It was 3 days later when the temp dropped so low that their pipes were in danger of freezing that they finally turned on the heat. The response in general from the hotel staff was to smile and nod and say things would be taken care of, and then do nothing. Also, the restaurant in the hotel was never open our entire stay, and the bar is a filthy, seedy, little area that reminded me of a garage. The pool was disgusting, with slime on top, and debri all over the bottom, and was never cleaned during our 6 day stay. The only redeeming quality of this hotel is it's location. It is on a beautiful stretch of the "no drive" section of the beach, and we did have a balcony with a beautiful view. Too bad this prime piece of real estate is owned by people who don't care about keeping it up. My advice would be to spend a little more and stay elsewhere!

Terrible - do not book this hotel!!!

2-23-05
As race fans, my husband and I are used to getting gouged by hotels, rental agencies, etc., but this place really takes the cake!! First of all, they charged us $265.00 per night for a room that was disgusting. We had a so called ocean view, which was of the pool. We couldn't open or close or blinds. The maintenance man said he told the owner about it for weeks and was tired of telling her. Therefore we had to put a blanket on the window for privacy!!! The maid service sucked so much we didn't even leave a tip. We had to run around for toilet paper. Hard to believe a maid can't even notice when a roll is empty!!! The water leaked in the bathtub and the sink in the bathroom was clogged. Again, the room was dirty and the radio/cd player didn't work so we couldn't enjoy a drink on the balcony. As far as service at the pool - there was none!!! If you are going to the Daytona 500, do yourself a favor and save a headache by getting raked somewhere else, this place is the pitts!!! They should be ashamed!!!!
Nascar9417@aol.com.
P.S. The cherry on top is the parking. Because they share a lot with Checkers bar, we would come back every night after a long day at the race track with no where to park!!! They pretty much told us tough cookies, nothing they can do. Can you believe a hotel can't even provide you with parking at $265.00 per night???? Lastly, do not bring your children here, the bar in the hotel (not Checkers) which was pretty scary, not a place for children during the 500.

Nice Rooms! Good Rates! Great Golf!!!

I had my golf group stay here the week-end of 5/14. The rooms were very nice, the whole staff was extremely friendly and the golf was OUTSTANDING! The hotel set up our entire golf package, we didn't have to do anything but show up at the courses (they had directions waiting for us at the front desk), hand them a voucher, get in the cart(s) and start slapping it around. The hotel directed us to all the right restaurants too. We will definitely go back there next year!

Mixed Review

by TripAdvisor Member Mandasue10

Looking at reviews of this hotel, I was worried as to what I might find. We stayed for five nights and only had a few problems. As a disclaimer, this hotel is definetly not a sparkling clean, brand new place, but it is not a dump either. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. The room was comfy, the kitches was spacious and the view was wonderful. Now for the downside. Our tub faucet leak constantly, which was a tad bit annoying and made the bathroom slightly steamy. Due to the age of the building, it could not be fixed. The floors were not carpeted which meant wet feet and shoes got pretty messy mixed with sand, making it rather slippery. Not a big problem, because we put down towels like door mats. The biggest complaint, which was not the hotels fault, is the last night we were there, we were invaded by bugs! Large Palmetto bugs. I spent most of the night killing bugs, and of course that is no fun. It got bad enough that we almost left in the middle of the night and almost slept in the car. I say it was not the hotel's fault because these bugs were all over the place in Daytona. We left the door open while we were on the balcony (I forgot to mention we were on the ground floor) and they must have snuck in then. It was a nightmare. No other big complaints. Everything else was comfortable.

What a shame!

We had wonderful weather and a great time, but we were happy to get OUT of that hotel everyday. We love the sun and spent every day on the beach. The pool was dirty with cigarette butts all over. There were 6 lounge chairs near the pool and about 10 on the other side of the walkway, not near the pool. There were homeless, poor people sleeping under the overhang by the pool and they tried talking to us everyday. Our feet were black after walking barefoot in our room. We had 2 double beds and we each slept in one since we didn't think either would actually hold both of us, and we are NOT large people. My husband's bed had a broken leg and kept tipping over. Our view from our balcony (which was not even large enough for 2 people to stand on) overlooked the garbage dump area. Fortunately there was no real odor from it. The ice machine did not work. It was a scarey area at night. We'd walk down to the nearby restaurants and almost always came in contact with dirty bums. I really can't think of anything possitive to say about this hotel. What a shame we spend money on this. I wish I would have been thinking and checked out the same day too and went to another place. Don't make this same mistake.

Comments