313 S Atlantic Ave, Daytona Beach, Florida, 32118, United States

Orbitz.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 18% lower than similarly priced 2 star hotels

• best beach and attraction area

I was surprized at the improvements made to this beach resort from a few years ago. I will stay here each time from now on in Daytona beach.

Unique Quality: $69 a nite good service nice people, lovely view of beach. Room was clean,cozy and comfey. Steps away to pool beach and tiki hut. front of hotel alittle hum drum, but inside was clean and modern with a tropical feel. Right in the middle of great stuff to do things to do are located, even a pier for fishing right next door.

More about Fountain Beach Resort

No Place For A Family

Just returned from a family vacation in Daytona Beach, stayed at the Fountain Beach Resort, Big Mistake. We went through the Florida Discount Travel, Big Mistake, I ask the agent if this place was a dump they told me NO. It's a nice place to stay. I trusted this agent. (wrong) Do not stay at this place if you are looking for a family hotel. This is for high school or college kids. The place was very dirty. Must of the air conditioners were not in good working condition. We had to move to a second room after checking in because the air did not work. After the second night the air in this room did not work. Called the front desk they said there was not anything they could do until the next day. They told us they could not move us to another room due to the hotel being booked up. We did not enjoy our stay. If you are looking for a nice vacation hotel stay away from this dump and do not use Florida Discount Travel.

Don't believe the other bad reviews because this hotel was absolutely fine

by TripAdvisor Member sharonkdeal

I stayed at the Fountain Beach Resort July 9th and 10th 2004. This hotel is slightly better than your typical beach hotel. The other people writing reviews seemed to pick on some things that I just did not see or find a problem. The staff at the front desk was very nice when checking in. The lobby was much nicer than I had expected. The elevators were old and slow but the carpet was new. After reading all the negatives reviews I was really scared of what I would find there. Because I had prepaid my room and knew I could not get a refund I thought I was just out some money or would be misreable if I stayed. I dont know why I gave those ratings any notice at all. I was staying there with 3 friends and the whole way there I was apologizing in advance for the lousy room. They were prepared for the worst but we were all pleasantly surprised. Our room just like the hotel - old but it had been redone and was really nice and roomy. The bathroom was very small, only big enough for a toilet and tub with the sink outside and that was fine. The tub was old but was clean. The kitchenette was very clean and new looking. The hallways were well lit and the peep hole did not show inside our room, only the hallway from inside the room. They have cameras EVERYWHERE. The front desk can see every floor and elevator. The balcony gave a nice ocean view. The only thing I would agree with the negative reviewers was the fact that the Tiki Bar out back was LOUD. They had karoke until around 1 am and you could hear it slightly in the room and loudly on the balcony. This did not bother my group even though we are not partiers. All in all I believe the people writing the negative reviews were expecting to not stay in the typical beach hotel. Usually they are slightly below other hotel standards but it is hard to keep up a hotel located on the beach with people coming and going wet with sand and oils and everything else on them-not to mention the party atmosphere that usually goes along with beaches. If you are considering staying at the Fountain Beach Resort please dont be scared to do so because the hotel really is fine but if the music will bother you go somewhere else.

Can you rate in the negatives?

Its not really that hard to please me. I stayed in Daytona last year, but this year made me never want to go back. The room was ok. The beds were hard as a rock and the first night I didn't get much sleep because of the traffic outside. You would be surprised how loud 1 or 2 motorcycles can be. Its pretty crazy. The only thing I wanted to do was chill out in the hot-tub, but I couldn't because every time I went down there it was taken up by small kids. Every staff member I came across was friendly. That was one of the positive things about the trip. The first night we got there all I wanted to do was go swimming but I was kicked out of the pool right as I walked down there at 11pm. I can understand that though because it deals with insurance. The peephole thing was true that I read on a previous post. You could see in the room its just upside down. I had a hard time with parking, and Im assuming people that went to the tiki bar were the ones taking up the spots. I never read reviews before I stay at places, but seriously anyone reading this dont stay there. Look at the other posts. There seems to be alot more negative feedback versus positive.

Disgusting Dive

by TripAdvisor Member llg328i

This place is a rundown old hotel turned into condos it is filthy, the staff and management are rude and wanted to offer no assistance. The balconies are literally falling off- we watched a piece fall and hit a car in the parking lot!! The hallways and elevators were never swept and the pool was not cleaned during our entire stay. (Not to mention the strip bars and drug deals that were going on across the street.)
DO NOT waste your money here!!!

terrible

This place is horrible. When we got their we unpacked 7 people only to find out our couch was not a bed so we had to pay 150$ more to stay in another room. It had room so we thought til bedtime. We had drove 10 1/2 hrs and at 10pm we were ready to go to bed. We pulled out the couch to find the bed BROKEN. We went to the front desk to hear we had to wait til mgmt came in to get a rollaway bed. We waited til 11pm and got 1 rollaway bed for 2 people. This is all they had to offer us so since the whole family was already sleeping we took it.
Not to mention the butt-facial toilet. Yes their was hot water in the toilet and no cold in the shower. The older people staying with us had to bathe in the bathtub in the bedroom part of the rooms. Dirty, yes the floors were dirty they felt gross. THE AIR CONDITIONER WAS BROKEN FOR 2 DAYS ! This was nice on a humid summer night.
At night the motorcycles were horrible at 12 am everynight.
The elevators stunk and were overall disgusting.
In the end we didnt spend much time because of all this.

I don't understand all the bad reviews!

We made reservations in March 04 for the July 4th celebrations for Daytona Beach not knowing anything about the hotel. Before leaving for our trip I was scared to death when I read the terrible reviews! When we arrived at the hotel I have to admit it did not look like the picture on the Internet but we found our room acceptable. We had a room with a kitchen and two queen beds. The kitchen was adequately supplied, AC worked fine, and our room was cleaned promptly each day. The hotel is an older one so the hall carpets were worn. However, this did not dampen our holiday one bit! We enjoyed the beach and the pool and the fireworks were Great! Lets face it...When you are on vacation you are not living in your room, you are out enjoying the sites of the city. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

not nice

not nice at all. room were very old and hallways were very dirty. wore my flipflops in the room at all times, didn't want my feet to touch the floor. problem was we went during the pepsi 400 and there weren't many places to stay that didn't have a minimum night stay.. would not recommend staying there again.

Beware of this property

The room assigned to me was awful.

Lime green walls. Paint splatters of every other color imaginable all over the walls. Ceiling to floor horrible, amateur paintings. EXAMPLE: ceiling to floor painting of three komodo fire-breathing dragons. How do I know they were fir-breathing dragons??? ---- they were breathing fire. No comfortable place to sit, only a very uncomfortable and questionable futon. No patio furniture -- not even plastic Wal-Mart chairs.

The hallways were dark. The carpet in the hallways was old, musty, dirty, and smelly.
The management would not assign us to another room.

The room was so bad and we couldn't find another room in the area (July 4th race). We left the room, returned the key, drove to Daytona International Speedway, sold our Nextel Tower 3 day tickets, and drove home. I was in tears. We love NASCAR racing. We love Daytona Beach. We feel cheated and robbed.

I am now fighting to retrieve the $814.00 credit card charge.

Not such a bad place if rented from private owner

Go through hawaiian208. This party rents a few units at Fountain, and they are all in excellent condition. She checks the units herself once a month, and anything that is wrong, she immediately notifies the owner. The rates are about $100 lower than the front desk, she's friendlier, and you get a sure bang for the buck! If something is wrong, she's right on it. We've stayed at the Fountain since we've been married. We always come up for our anniversary, and we've NEVER had a bad unit yet! Granted, the hallways could stand a little freshening, but the hotel tries their best to stay on top of everything. For the money, I think this is the best place on the beach, with the most amenities, and the location can't be beat. You want 5-star? Go to OceanWalk, and see how their front desk people treat you! They're downright MEAN!!

Comments