2424 North Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, Florida, 32118, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• Real Daytona Beach experience

Just spent a week at Grand Seas 9/19-26, 2010 and had a great time. It is what Daytona was meant to be. No, it's not a 5 Star hotel but that's not important to everyone. It is right on the water and the sunrise in the morning coming through the living room window was incredible! There were room darkening drapes so if we didn't want to get up with the sun we didn't have to. The employees were all really friendly and helpful. The place is close to anything we wanted to do. (shop, eat, sight-see...) I'd recommend this place to anyone who wants to really experience Daytona Beach!

Unique Quality: very nice pools, good restaurant for breakfast special & cheap too, really friendly employees

Directions: left on A1A off the Daytona International Speedway bridge

More about Grand Seas Resort

The worst decision I ever made

I attended a presentation for my sister in Daytona Beach Grand seas resort. They offered her an "upgrade" to club navigo. (beware of that termonology, its a deception). She declined the offer and they (the sales pitcher) proceded to extend the offer to me. It turned out that what they showed me and what they offered me was not in the fine print or even in the contract. BEWARE OF POINTS! When I called the customer service department and spoke with Lynn, she had this advice for me. "Well I was not at the presentation" (she never goes to them) "so I can't tell you what was said, but in order for you to get what you want you have to pay twice as much" (another 9 thousand dollars). That was their customer service and their offer to me. It was more like too bad, we suckered you into something you didn't agree to in person, but you signed on the dotted line, hahaha, enjoy your vacation.

amazing beach resort!

I am writing from Orlando, FL. Not very far from Daytona Beach. I have lived here all my life and go to Daytona frequently. I have seen and stayed in many of the hotels, and resorts in the area. I would have to say that the Grand Seas Resort is one of the very best in the Daytona area... the people that come on these sites are only wasting time complaining over one small thing that went wrong on their vacation, so they vent all their anger by saying how horrible the resort/hotel they stayed at was. For being a resort on the beach they do a great job of keeping the place clean, and having an environment that everyone can enjoy. This is an especially great place for families, they have large full kitchens, 3 pools (an indoor and two outdoors, two of which are heated) 3 jacuzzi's (two outdoor one indoor), steamrooms in each locker room, a restaurant attached to the resort (I reccomend the chicken wings, they are some of the very best in the world i promise!), and a great exercise room with tvs. I don't see how anyone could even complain, unless they are the people that only look for the negetive out of every situation instead of sitting back and enjoying themselves.
I'm just a person defending a great place, don't mistake me for someone from the resort that is on here just to build them up... I promise if your open minded to having a great vacation, this place will most definitly suffice! Enjoy your stay and don't let the little things get to you so badly.

Below average and not clean

Was apprehensive about staying at the Grand Seas after reading reviews here... overall this resort is below average, nothing special. The room was not too clean - needed to be vacuumed again upon checkin, we cleaned the tub (cloth turned black), and kitchen tile was not clean, though not filthy. It is more like a 2 or 3 star resort. Location is good - across the street from a small plaza, lots of restaurants nearby, right on the beach.

Lovin Daytona

by TripAdvisor Member swtprop

My family and I have owned here for 2 years and I never stayed at the resort until December 2003. My room was neat and in order although I haven't found anybodys housekeeping that is up to my standards. Any resort/hotel I visit I have cleaning supplies and mop in hand. I opened the window in the living area and listened to the waves on the beach which is priceless when you have 3 kids that you take care of all the time. I have bonus time at this resort and will be making arrangements to visit more often in the upcoming year. If the noise from the traffic bothers you then open your sofa bed, stack the pillows from the sofa onto the bed, place a sheet over the entire area, open the window and let mother nature rock you to sleep. This is the experience I enoyed the most with my kids, maybe you should try it.

So bad I'm selling!

After 4 surgeries in 3 years and the birth of my son, we were finally able to use our timeshare. This place is in serious need of a major facelift. I found the front desk staff distant and unfriendly.
Virtually not a single member of the staff wore a smile the entire 12 days we were there. After numerous little problems, the coup de grace was the major ant infestation to which I was told that the exterminator would be by in" a few days". Being a 22 year veteran of world class resorts ( I currently work for Vail Resorts ), I knew what to do and who to talk to to resolve this particular problem. I was apologized to for all of the little problems and was promised a dinner for 2 certificate. Instead I received a $10 coupon to the hotel 'restaurant' ( I cook better food on my propane grill at home ). The wonderful views and beachfront is cancelled out by the fact you have to stay at this compost heap. Oh, and look for the veiled threat against the guests on a small plaque near the front desk that literally says the hotel expects us, the owner, guest, to behave in a professional manner.
Unbelievable!!!!

The only stars here are over the Atlantic

Bought into this timeshare. Was the biggest mistake i have ever (almost lol) made. Steam room didn't work, toilets wouldt flush, staff was rude. STAY AWAY, DON'T RUIN YOUR LOVE OF DAYTONA WITH THESE PEOPLE.

Worst sales experience ever!

Without a doubt this was the worst sales presentation that we have ever attended. If the sales staff is representing the resort itself, I am glad I was offended and left before I purchased.

Extremly overpriced, Dirty Housekeeping

Unit was not clean, someones dirty sock, candy wrapper and razor was left in unit. The sales staff is very rude to guest plowing their way through the corridor and on elevators. There is not enough parking space. Highly over priced for conditions in the unit, including plumbing, chipped formica on bathroom cabinets, mirror silver peeling leaving ugly black patches. Believing in second chances I was recently a 2nd time guest, two strikes and your out. Glad I didn't buy into this badly managed timeshare.

A First Class Resort with Excelent Accommodations!!!

by TripAdvisor Member mxh202

Don't believe the negative reviews posted on this site. We toured this resort while on Spring Break in April 2003 and loved it. They wanted $10,000 for a deeded 1 bedroom unit. I told them no thanks, and purchased a deeded 1 bedroom unit on the timeshare resale market for $1061.00 in July 2003. We just retrnued from staying there this past week. Everything about it is great. The rooms, pools, fitness center, mini golf, etc. are second to none. The staff was friendly & helpful in every way. Every day I was there I saw maintenace being done on the building i.e., painting walls and steps, grounds upkeep, etc. This is a first class resort with great accomodations & amenities. It's a great place to take your family for vacation. We plan on going back in the summer, and as owners, we look forward to many vacations there in the future. The negative reviews are wrong!! This is a great place to stay!!

Comments