1615 S. Atlantic Ave., Daytona Beach, Florida, 32118, United States
Holiday Inn Resort Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Rated 17% higher but also costs 60% more than other 3 star hotels

More about Inn on the Beach

Loved it!!!!!!!

We stayed at the Inn One The Beach from Dec. 21st thru Dec.24th, 2003.
It was our first time to Florida. Our kids (17, 15, 14) loved it. We will be back this December. Thanks Inn On The Beach for helping us give our kids the best Christmas ever.

Never again!

by TripAdvisor Member BrewerFanCR

I was very disappointed with Inn on the Beach. We reserved it sight unseen using AAA "diamond" ratings as a guide. What a mistake!!!! The room was dirty with stained walls and ceilings. The bathroom had mildew all over the tub/shower and the bathroom door was cracked. The sliding glass door leading to our balcony was very difficult to open and didn't lock. The curtains leading to the balcony didn't close all the way, so the sunlight woke us up quite early. The pool water was cloudy so that the bottom wasn't visible. The music in the lounge was so loud that it kept us awake at night and we were on the 6th floor. Our phone didn't work our entire stay. We reported it repeatedly, but it was never fixed. The best thing I can say about Inn on the Beach is that it had ample parking.

I wish the other guests had been as cordial as the staff.

We have just returned from another great visit to the IOTB. The staff are courteous and friendly and the hotel is in the best beach position. Spring Break was just ending as we got there and we thought this may cause us a problem with noise etc but everything was fine. The only problem we had was with other guests 'booking' the sunbeds in advance. Some rude individuals decided to tie their belongings to the beds at 7.30 or 8.00 in the morning and turn up to use them around lunchtime, or in some cases, they didnt turn up at all and their towels were still there when the staff were clearing up. I approached the reception staff who advised me to remove the towels and leave them at the pool bar and to send anyone who complained to reception to clear up the matter, however the person whose towels I removed wasn't too keen on that and decided to shout abuse at me by the poolside after spotting me from her room.[she was an older american lady pretending to have some manners] When she couldnt place my Scottish accent, she decided I must be Canadian and is probably still giving the Canadians a bad name. [sorry Canada] In Europe, when hotel guests 'reserve' their sunbeds, it is acceptable practice to throw their towels into the pool, I think this trend should spread to America.

A dreadful vacation

We made reservations with the recommendation of a friend who had vacationed their some time ago. Based on what we saw on the internet, we decided to give it a go, especially due to the great rate we received. Well, what a disaster! I guess our friend must have been there in the 70s and let me tell you, not much has changed. I beg you, do not even think about wasting your hard earned money and valuable vacation time here. The hotel is filty and appears to be run by a bunch of unprofessional kids who have no clue what guest service is all about. They were rude and looked like they all just rolled out of bed each day. The rooms are in great need of updating and bar is filled with locals. The only thing that hotel has going for it is Ferros Restaurant. Naturally they are a private business that just leases the space and thank goodness for that. They are super sweet and the food is very good. But in all honesty, we came here to enjoy a "Resort" and did not receive any "Resort Style" treatment whatsoever. And the pictures on the internet and in their brochures are NOTHING what they actually look like. It is fraudulent advertising. Don't waste your money staying here...believe me!

It was 'okay'

We stayed at Inn on the Beach in August of 2003. The hotel is outdated, the decor was very cheap and 70's style. The elevator SUCKED, as it was extremely HOT and smelly. The carpet was worn out, and the bathroom size was a joke. OUr sliding glass door was broken. It was opened, and it came off the track. I called the front desk and they said there was nothing they could do because it was 11 pm. After I ***ed about them allowing 3 females on the bottom floor in a room with a broken open door, they said they would send a security officer to fix it, which never happened. I finally got it back on track and closed. The staff was rude, except the bartender at the pool. She was very nice, even making up drinks for us. The view was beautiful, and the pool was amazing. The band at night was awesome, did some wonderful Dave Matthews covers. They played until midnight, which was fine by me, but probably not by other guests. I planned to stay again this year, but changed to the Sun Viking Lodge in Daytona beach Shores because Daytona is too busy for my likings. I'm only 25 and the 3 of us felt out of place with all of the young partiers.. we were the oldest people there. For 50.00 a night, it was okay, but it's no Sun Viking Lodge.

Great views

We arrived for a late check in the staff already had everything waiting, room key and all the paperwork. Staff was very friendly and proffessional. The view from the room was fantastic overlooking both the pool and the beach. The rooms were OK but all the other things made up for that. As long as you don't expect the Four Seasons this is a great deal.

Loved the hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member LoveAdventure

I love the hotel, Inn on the Beach! The front desk people were very friendly and informative too. I love the view of the beach through my balcony. My room was very big with two beds, refrigerator, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, stove, kitchen items (ocean front efficiency) etc. I went with my three years old son. He had a lot of fun. They have two pool (adult & children) and a spa tub which was good and had warm water. I will suggest that you rent a car if you really want to go around. If you want to relax on the beach and go some places, you will not need a car. You can get to most places by bus (Votran & trolley).

Inn on the Beach

IOB is the best kept secret in Daytona. Friendly staff, clean, great location, big pool, fun bar, great rates, what more could you ask for? We will definately be back next year, and are planning to bring the whole family! VERY PLEASED!

Great Place To Stay!!!

by TripAdvisor Member sweetladyban

I love Inn on the Beach!!! I've stayed there at various times. Each time I return, I fall in love. I haven't been there since my birthday in December 2003. I had a wonderful in the efficiency room!!!

The staff was very nice each time I stayed. I love the view of the ocean from my balcony. It's a beautiful setting for family or a romantic getaway.

Great Family Place

by TripAdvisor Member prezmusic

Just got back from Inn on the Beach, took my wife, daughter, son-in law, four mo. old grand-daughter and a friend of theirs. Had great time. Hotel is old but that is what Daytona Beach hotels should be. the staff "Jessica" to name one, remembered my name and said hello everytime she saw us. The facilities are well maintained for their age. This is not a new high priced resort but a family type establishment that tries to act like the higher priced hotels. The restaurant and bar were very nice and food was priced reasonable. Music on Sat. by the pool was nice but would be better all week-end. The parking on the week-end was a problem, but that was minor. All total can't wait to go back and I think my son-in-law and daughter feel the same.

Comments