2500 N Atlantic Ave, Daytona Beach, Florida, 32118, United States

Orbitz.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 27% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• peace on the beach

I was a guest at the hotel recently for the Christmas holiday. I would certainly recommend LaPlaya. I had a comfortable room and surprisingly, a kitchenette. The indoor pool, up to 5ft., was just right for me, a non-swimmer. This and the whirlpool was very relaxing. The staff was the best; friendly and accommodating, from the desk clerk to the restaurant staff and others. The beach outside the hotel was the most extensive I have seen, perfect for taking long walks and jogs.

Unique Quality: The pool and the whirlpool was quite relaxing and enjoyable.

More about LaPlaya Resort

Great for the Price

by TripAdvisor Member INDYRN

We stayed at the La Playa Resort the week of November 12th. The resort was nice for the $$. Because of the time we booked...we were basically the only couple there. The staff was pleasant and helpful! The property was very clean and presentable. I would stay at this resort again.

Had a great time!

by TripAdvisor Member smoke20rises

I am shocked to see all the terrible reviews because we had so much fun here we're ready to book again for next year. We stayed at LaPlaya during the 2007 Bud Shootout Race week. Especially for a race weekend, we had a great rate of $99 per night. It was awesome to wake up to the sight of the ocean every morning and to enjoy the tiki bar and pools every day. The staff were all helpful as well as fun. Most afternoons/evenings there was an entertaining dj. We had no complaints about our room. It was ready on time and clean. As big NASCAR fans we've been going to different tracks every year for several years. Daytona is the first one we've decided to make a yearly getaway because of the great time we had (both at the track and LaPlaya) and because of the relative low cost for a quality hotel. I'll add that we did scan the area to see if there was anyplace else we'd want to stay in the future and didn't see anywhere else we'd rather go.

Lots of things to do at a great price. Beautiful beach, great energy

by TripAdvisor Member namaf

We just needed one night after we dropped our son off at college. I had researched a beautiful bed and breakfast because I never stay in big hotels, but when I discovered we had to drive 1/2 hour it didn't seem worth it. Our local host knew nothing about this hotel, just that it was on the corner. We walked in and asked to see a room. I had read all kinds of awful stories about the 3 star hotels having mildew, broken AC so I was definitely on guard.

The view from the patio was wonderful, the ocean right under the window. Lots of different kinds of people there but all of them quiet, low key and friendly. Most everyone was there with kids, but not to the point of being annoying. Because they weren't really busy, we got an ocean view room for $79, usually $135, which isn't so bad anyway.

I hung out in the hot tub, (there were 3, 2 at the outdoor pool and 1 in the indoor pool) I had a drink at the tiki bar and took a great nap with the sound of the waves rolling over me.

Daytona Beach looks like a very commercial place when you see it on the map on the Internet and read about the speedway. But in person it was a sleepy little town in late August. Reminds me of a reporter who said summer is the best time to enjoy Florida.

We had a great afternoon swimming. I loved the many shades of blue in the water. The surf was mild but with enough waves to have fun diving under them. The beach wasn't crowded, just enough people to justify a lifeguard.

The front desk was run by this really nurturing earth mother who was genuinely kind and concerned. I generally avoid the big beehive hotels, but this was a block from my son's new home and across the street from a little mall with everything we needed.

The room had a stove and refrigerator. I could see myself living there for awhile on our next visit.

Not worth it, even for $45/night

by TripAdvisor Member mlzoiss

I used priceline so I knew nothing about the hotel ahead of time. Looks nice on the outside, and lobby, but the rooms are a different story. One good thing is that they are working on renovating the rooms, the bad thing is that they are working on random rooms all over the hotel at the same time.

We got in really late (2 am) after a long day of travelling and no one at the hotel knew where the cribs were. We couldn't get room keys because the hotel was being audited. The next morning around 9:30 am the hammering started, it was in the room right above ours. Since we came from CA, we are still 3 hours behind and still sleeping. I called the front desk, they were very nice and offered to upgrade us to an oceanfront room on the other side of the hotel. He called it a "level 1" room for VIPs. Well it's ok, not VIP quality, and it was actually smaller than the other room we were in. The only thing good about it was the view. The carpet all around the AC was soaked, which I found out while playing with my baby on the floor. A guy came out with a Wet Vac, but the carpet was still wet and he left a gross wet/dirty spot on the floor. The outlet for the cable jack was hanging off the wall, and if I touched it (to get the internet cable) I would loose the signal. The whole hotel was very musty smelling and needs better maintenance.

When we got back after lunch around 3:30 pm, there was some guy with a loud tool working on a balcony a few floors above us. So much for the afternoon nap! Maybe they should think about working on one section of the hotel at a time so they don't have to disturb all of their guests, even in the off season. Luckily, we are only here for 2 nights.

not a three star hotel by any means !!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member terbog67

we stayed only one night ,the carpet was filthy,the room smelled very musty with filthy curtains,no soap in the room.there was a leak under the sink with a big pan to catch the water. i would not recomend this place to any one until it was remodeled. the grounds are beautiful and it looked great until we got to our room.

Great place if you like one star hotels

by TripAdvisor Member g7033

This is suppose to be a 3 Star hotel. It is not even close. Absolutely zero customer service. We had water pressure issues, over charges and room not cleaned very well. The DSL cable was laying across the floor. No computer desk to work from. Accomodations for 2 and they tried to charge us extra for a cot which was not in the room. They did not even offer us an upgrade. The front desk was called and their response was less then satisfactory. I would not recommend staying here unless they resolve their issue of NO customer service.

Yuck...Discusting Rooms Nasty Sheets, List goes on....

by TripAdvisor Member JewishRussian

We stayed there with another couple in Dec. This hotel is so disgusting. The floors were so nasty and stained that we were afraid to walk around in socks. The beds were horrible. Wife and i were thinking about sleeping in our clothes. The rooms needed a lot of maintenance. The smell of the rooms was so bad that we had to go to Nearest store to get air fresheners.

The hotel manager "Matt" was really Rude and mean. We came in with a good attitude and tried really hard to make the best of it but it was really hard. Wish that we could say that the service of the hotel managers would make up for the horrible rooms in that hotel, but it only made it a really unpleasant experience. DO NOT STAY at this hotel.

We booked thought HOTWIRE . We booked an 3 star hotel and they gave us La Playa. A week before we had to leave to check in to the hotel Hotwire emailed us and told us that sorry but the hotel the WE gave you is not a 3 start, so sorry.... Great! We were stuck with that horrible place.

Tremendous value

by TripAdvisor Member fillipo

If you are looking for a "special occassion" hotel... book elsewhere.
If you, or your spouse, are really turned off with a few imperfections..book elsewhere.

If you are looking for a very economical, well located, clean hotel with a kitchen..book here.
I look upon this place as a budget Embassy Suites....most of the units are 2 room efficiences. Eating out on vacation is not a "big deal" with us - after a day on the road, we kind of enjoy putting our feet up, and throwing a quick meal together - the Publix across the street was perfect for that type of thing. For example they had great take out sushi . Not everybody likes the concept of taking care of some of their own meals when on a trip, but we really appreciate it - it is a huge time and money saver.

Got a great rate on Priceline of $51 - takes the edge off any cosmetic problems, in my opinion

Stay here if everywhere else is shut

by TripAdvisor Member axlef

The Hotel has a great view and the bar near the pool is pleasant, all good as long as you don't want a top notch ,clean room without holes in the doors or a gap round the room door that you could squeeze a small child through.
The room came with a kichen that was less than clean, air con that made as much noise as the bikes and a balcony that was filthy.The towels for the pool were full of holes and even my dog has a better towel at home.
The one good point was the breakfast, the restaurant was clean and looked like the only bit of the hotel that had been paid attention to.
We were actually upgraded at check in so heaven knows what the lower grade rom was like !!

Comments