1909 S Atlantic Ave, Daytona Beach, Florida, 32118, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Tingo.com

Satisfaction Poor

Rated 14% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• Amazing view

We stayed in one of 2 penthouse units, room 916 for a week. 2 bedrooms, the second one being a bit small but it was the second bedroom. I can't believe the view and accommodations were that great for that price. (million dollar view) Check out the pictures....

More about Oceanside Inn

Loved it!!!! Nothing bad about this place

We were on our honeymoon....booked a regular room but when we got there, the front desk clerk bumped us up to a king size bed instead of 2 Queens, put us on the 6th floor for a better view instead of the 3rd- very polite and friendly. The property was absolutely beautiful. We had a wonderful time and would go back in a heartbeat!!!! The rooms were clean with great oceanviews, housekeeping was great . The garden deck was AWESOME!!! Very romantic at night. We stayed during the week...pretty quiet. Can't wait to visit again!!!

Not our favorite hotel

by TripAdvisor Member belle975

Initially I was horrified by this hotel. We had just come from a beautiful new resort in South Carolina and we were not impressed with what we got at Oceanside Inn.
The rooms are dirty. The floor has gunk in the carpets and there is this real funky smell to the place. The elevators are old and in general the place is run down.
That being said, my always optimistic husband pointed out the good things about this hotel. The pool is nice. It is clean and is kept at a nice temperature. It is directly on the beach. The staff is really nice. The girl at the front desk printed us up some maps to get to a golf course we were playing the next day. She did this without being asked and we were impressed. The guy at checkout was very nice too. They charged us for a safety deposit box even though we didn't use one and when we pointed it out, the clerk removed it no questions asked. The complimentary continental breakfast wasnt' too bad either. It says there is a limit for ONE danish or muffin, ONE glass of juice etc. but my husband filled himself and no one said anything about it.
If they updated the furnishings and replaced the carpet, elevators and decor to make this a cleaner hotel, I would go back.

Website is very deceiving....

I would skip this hotel given the choice again. I noticed right away that the outside appearance of the hotel left much more to be desired. The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly/accomodating, but overall the Hotel needs a face-lift.

Skip the complimentary breakfast .....they had mini doughnuts, toast, frosted flakes, or mini banana muffins. Not too exciting ...or healthy.
The pool was clean as well as the grounds outside the 2nd level. However, the hotel does not provide "resort" accomodations. The beach is driveable and there is very little area for you to enjoy the beach unless you like lying between cars.

We booked a very last minute room over a holiday weekend, and payed a higher -than-usual rate for the room. However, I would advise any others seeking a true "resort" structure to look down the street at the Oceanwalk. For the same rate you'll get much more in a hotel. Also, their website advertises that they are in the more quiet region of the beach and I didn't find that to be true at all. If you're really looking for a quiet spot look further South towards Ponce Inlet or North in Ormond Beach.

Perfect Location, cheap Bud!

by TripAdvisor Member EmeraldIsle28

I stayed at the Oceanside over Memorial Weekend and I loved it. There were a few minor flaws with the hotel (no hairdryer in room, then the replacement was faulty) but nothing that couldn't be rectified.
The rooms were lovely and spacious, the fridge was great for storing milk and soda and the view was wonderful.
The Tiki Bar outside served great food and we had a great selection of music blaring out as we watched the ocean and swam in the pool.
The lobby bar was also cheap and easy-going, kudos to Chi the bar man, a genuinely nice guy.
All in all a great value stay!

had a great time!!! better than expected!

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights and had a wonderful time. After reading some of the reviews I was a bit skeptical but I found a great rate from their website directly and decided to give it a shot. The rate was MUCH better than any other hotel I could find so we couldnt pass it up. The room was HUGE!!! we had an oceanfront room with a kitchenette which turned out to be a full kitchen YES a FULL kitchen with full size everything!!!! We had no problems with the cleanliness of the room and daily maidservice that was also good.

There was a beautiful view of the beach and the pool and thanks to someone elses post on here we did ask for a room # ending in 13. They are corner rooms that are much larger than the rest and had a view staight ahead and on the corner. It was GREAT advise!

The breakfast was just as advertised..continental. It wasnt extravagant but was mini doughnuts and cereal but also had hot pancakes and toast so it was just as advertised.

I didnt find the beach to be too crowded in fact we enjoyed sitting in our room and watching the people and kids play.

The only down side would have to have been the staff not being too friendly.. by far not rude but not outgoing either.

I heard when we got there that they just reopened in March after the hurricanes did so much damage so I guess I can see why people had bad reviews but I am shocked that they were not understanding at all. Nature happens.. good and bad.

This isnt a resort.. if you want a resort get one but I challenge anyone to find a resort such as oceanwalk to get an oceanfront room with a full kitchen for $75 dollars per night.

This was a great HOTEL!!! We would love to stay again and dont forget to request a room #13!

Comfortable & Affordable

by TripAdvisor Member ajb524

I thought this hotel was very good for the price. The rooms were clean and spacious. We had a very good view of the Ocean with just an oceanview room. We definitely plan on staying there again.

The only negatives were that they do not give early check in's. When they say 4:00 they mean 4:00. While the continental breakfast was good I thought it was crazy to pay for toast when they included bacon on the breakfast bar. But, a free breakfast is a free breakfast.

Don't waste your time

Find another hotel if your budget will allow. The staff was unfriendly (except the maintenace man). I'm not sure where the rooms that are pictured on their website are, but ours looked nothing like them. The hotel was dirty and poorly maintained. We had to go to the desk 3 times to get our keys recoded so that we could get back into our room, there were 2 lamps in our room that had no bulbs, and the furnishings were outdated. Also, they talk about a roof-top level...this is a small grassey area on the second floor. Their ad is highly misleading, and I would not recommend staying at this hotel. In fact, we left after the first night.

Loved it

The room was beautiful, the view was amazing, the staff was courteous...We had a great stay and I would recommend it to anyone. The only thing that could be improved is the breakfast, but I shouldn't complain as it was included in the price.
Also, the beach in front of the hotel is just beautiful and the pool is very nice. I am a very picky traveller and I was completely satisfied...

Clean Rooms, Courteous Staff

by TripAdvisor Member monyhngry

I actually stayed in this hotel as a gratis from a timeshare promotion...and was more impressed with the rooms in this hotel, than I was with the timeshares I was shown. I was also able to check in at 3pm...so I'm not sure what the other post regarding check in times were all about. Check-in staff was EXCEPTIONAL. I was told that my room was a partial ocean view, but actually it turned out to be a full ocean view(520)....I did see in other rooms there were kitchenettes/microwaves....my room didnt have either, but I did have a refrigerator and large TV in my room.

The Tiki Bar's bartender was NEW...but that normally a good thing because they make sure to make your drinks good a strong...however, I didnt like the fact that there is a $10 minimum to use a credit card at the bar.

Also...outgoing local calls and 1-800 calls were 95cents per call, so I wasnt suprised at checkout when I had over $18 worth of calls, but even using a calling card...it would have been more to just dial direct.

I would stay at this hotel again...and since I have a child going to college in the area...I'm sure the opportunity will arise for me to need good accomadations in the area. This IS NOT A RESORT, but as I said before...this hotel was MUCH better than the timeshare presentation I went on.

modern exterior, kitschy interior

Beautiful exterior. I absolutely loved looking over the ocean from my lounge chair on the grass, poolside deck. And, the staff was really nice, courteous.
However, my rants include: the interior lobby screams 1960s, kitschy Daytona Beach and is in desperate need of an update. The continental breakfast consists of gas station donuts/muffins, reheated pancakes, and bad coffee. And, my room's walls weren't at all insulated, meaning I could hear my neighbors' conversations, television shows, sneezing, etc.
Also, be advised that they might try to charge you extra for room features you may not use, such as the room safe. They also charge you a steep fee for all phone calls - even local/toll free calls.

Comments