Perry's Ocean-Edge Resort

Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Costs 27% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• FAUXDOLL's Profile Photo

KIDS & ADULTS LOVE PERRY'S

We are Daytona Beach locals and our whole family loves Perry's!! Last year we had my 5 yr olds birthday party there. Its older than some of the other hotels but its kept very nice and clean. The reason Perry's has been around for years is because they have a good reputation and a courteous staff. The rooms are always clean and the pools always provide fresh towels! Speaking of pools Perrys has 3 of them...2 outside and 1 indoor heated pool. There is also a huge hot tub inside and you can swim til 10 or 11pm. Outside you will find a cute little tiki bar that has wonderful frozen drinks, beer, etc. They also have 2 shuffle board courts that everyone loves as well as a nicely manicured lawn with tons of beach chairs. You can lay next to the pool or you can soak up some sun on the lawn! Perry's has something for everyone...its my favorite hotel in Daytona!

• DAYTONAS BEST RESORT

Perrys well what can i say outher than great... I went to perrys to see some one from 20 years ago and did not konw what to expect from either perrys or my reunion i stayed in the north tower and i was amazed when i pulled up on the grounds everything was well taken care of the lobby check in was easy and qiuck with no problems when i arrived to check in i was 4 hours earily and my room was ready no problem and at the last munite we needed a baby crib and before we could take the first load of our stuff to the room the crib was there waiting now that was communcation with the hotel staff i needed an xtra parking pass and got one xtra towels got them xtra pillows gort them any thing i needed or requested we got right away no questions asked the room was very clean and more than i expected and the view was great , the pools were clean private entrance to the beach the tiki bar was great and i met ithe owner of it and it was vert nice to see the owner in action i will never stay at another hotel outher than perrysand i am already planning my next visit there so if you want what i had go to perrys and have a non worry some vacation like i did................ STEVE P.

Unique Quality: POOLS VERY CLEAN, SPA ,THE TIKI BAR THE VIEW FROM NOT ONLY THE ROOM BUT THE POOL DECK ALSO ALL THE STAFF DOWN TO THE GROUNDS KEEPER WERE PLEASENT AND HELPFUL THANKS PERRYS FOR SUCH GREAT MEMORYS........................

Directions: FROM i-95 go east on 92 to a1a go south 1.9 miles on left across from winn-dixie, 7-11

• Daytona hotel with indoor pool/caters to kids

Try Perry's Ocean Edge Resort. It's on the beach and has an indoor pool with lots of play areas and it is great for kids. I've stayed there before and it's a great place. Here's the phone number. 800-447-0002.

Unique Quality: Caters to kids. Lots for them to do right there at the hotel.

Directions: Directly on the beach.

More about Perry's Ocean-Edge Resort

Perrys Ocean Edge Resort a AAA plus place to stay

We are in our 30's and 40"s so we came to Perrys from the advise of Senior Friends (80's) not knowing what to expect but their enthusiasism led us to give it a try and i can tell you I would stay their every time! Its like a burger Kind or McDonalds you know what you are getting every time you go. Staff is excellent, everything is clean and well stocked kitchenet, indoor pool in case weather is not good.We went with 2 other families and we had adjoining rooms that were perfect! highly recommend this place Its a place for everyone!

Perry's is a great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member sallyann

We just came back from perry's. It was really a great room all new everything was all new and everything was so clean and new. and everyone was so nice. It is a great place to stay. even on rainy days' you have the indoor pool and the hot tub. And a great place to walk on the beach. We will go back .We use to go and now it is even better with the new rooms. So try PERRY'S and the continental breakfast is great too. Jim and Carol from Western Maryland.

Second but last stay here . . .

by TripAdvisor Member genabell

This is our second time staying at Perry's and it will be the last. The renovations have driven up the prices. Parking is pathetic. We only had one vehicle so we didn't have to pay for an extra pass but even with the one pass, we had to wait until everyone went out to dinner just to be able to find a space. They were tarring the roof and woke us up at 7 am doing that. The smell of the tar was horrible. The maid walked in on me undressed even though I was saying over and over "no maid service needed"--very embarassing. Never again---the service has went to poop at this place!!!!!!!!!!! Save you money and go somewhere else

Perry's is just GREAT!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member kimfromma

We just returned from our vacation at Perry's - and let me tell you, this hotel is wonderful. When we checked in we dealt with a very pleasant and polite man, and all of the Perry's employees that we saw while we were there always had a smile and a hello for you. The room we had was in the south tower 5th floor, and the room was great. Everything in it was brand new and very nice, and the daily housekeeping did a great job keeping everything clean and well kept. The balcony overlooking the ocean was amazing, and is where we spent most of our time when we weren't at the pool! The outdoor area is so nice. There is a huge grassy area with PLENTY of places to sit, and this includes plenty of tables as well as lounge chairs. I was so worried about being at a hotel that is sold out and not being able to find a place to sit by the pool - but this was NOT an issue at Perry's. The pools were nice and clean and refreshing, and the tiki bar was also a nice bonus!! I would highly recommend Perry's to anyone, and can tell you we will definitely be going back as soon as we can!! If anyone is planning a trip to Daytona and has any questions about Perry's, please feel free to e-mail me.

Reading these reviews made the difference! I can attest to that!

My two bestfriends and I stayed at Perry's just last week (June 23-26) and were incredibly impressed with our room. We were on the 5th floor of the South Tower in an oceanfront suite and it was beyond what we'd expected. This trip was planned on a student budget so we weren't expecting much. An agent from Marlin Travel got us a 3 night deal for about $375 CDN?

The Good...
The furnishings, carpeting, bathroom, kitchenette and kitchen amenities were as close to brand new as you can get. I'm sure the room was renovated this past year after last summer's hurricane damage, but it made us feel like we lucked out. Also there's a Winn Dixie grocery store right across the street so for those looking to get a room with a kitchnette, its definetly a nice convenience. Obviously the view was great and in comparison to other hotels oceanside on South Atlantic Ave, Perry's definetly had the best landscaping/outdoor pool area.

The Bad...
The fact that there's an indoor and outdoor pool makes for a good back-up plan for rainy weather, although the rooms in the "Garden/Indoor Pool" area were definetly not as nice. Half of them seem to be under construction, so hopefully they'll soon be on par with the South (and assumably North) Tower rooms.

The Ugly...
The staff plan daily activities, but be warned about being there on time for the start of an activity, as we were turned away from the activity room by a staff member after showing up 15 mins late for Bingo! The only other downside was the cost for all outgoing phone calls. For those wanting to save a buck calling long distance with calling cards, even 1-800 numbers have a connecting fee. Also our phone's "blinking" message button was on the fritz and so we missed almost 2 days worth of messages! I don't know why old messages aren't automatically erased, because I heard at least 4 messages for guests who had obviously stayed in our room prior to our arrival before getting to ours.

Hope this helps future visitors! I checked out several of these TripAdvisor reviews when planning our trip and places with "low" ratings, definetly showed it when we drove past them on the way into town! Of course everything's a bit of a gamble, but I think Perry's has a long running rep with travel agents and CAA/AAA so that's gotta say something!

Also for those wanting a nice dinner out while in Daytona, be forewarned that there really aren't any options beyond a family restaurant atmosphere. We were desperate for some fine dining and found a great place on Seabreeze called Rain Supper Club but much to our disappointment it wasn't scheduled to open until the end of June! So if you're in Daytona be sure to check it out and tell the owner, Sherrone that Philina and the girls from Toronto sent you!

I want the old perry's back

This review is somewhat hard for me to write. I have been staying at this hotel since I was 3 years old. I am now twenty five and WOW are things changing. Unfortunately, changing in the wrong direction. I woke up most mornings to sounds of construction on the front of the hotel. After going outside those sounds were drowned out by construction on the back of the hotel. I understand it needs repairs from the hurricane but it still doesn't make for a nice vacation. Our room smelled moldy, the staff was unfriendly, and the pool was closed two days! The pool also closed last year for two days.....this is very frustrating for the price you pay for this hotel. One elevator smelled like something died on it (NOT a good idea to put carpeting in a frequently wet elevator) In addition, it seems as if there is a fine for ANYTHING you do now. Leave the door open....250 dollar fine.....etc. etc. etc.

I want my old perrys back... =(

On a positive note....the beach is still nice and the hamburger cheeseburger guy on the beach is still awesome. I also like Eds more than the smokehouse. The grass is still nice (if there are no ants) and when the pools are open they are ok and not too crowded.

I will still keep coming though.....not sure if it's because of the quality or tradition..

atleast the view is nice

We had a REALY NICE ROOM WITH BUNK BEDS AND A BALCONY AND AN OCEANVIEW IN THE SOUTH TOWER. The elevator worked fine for us but it was slow and it stunk.
The kids liked the free donuts, had to figure out that it was on the 2nd floor.
Room cleaning...i'm not sure why they even came in the room, same sheets, same uncleaned bathroom, dirty dishes, I think maybe they vacuumed?
We got a parking pass and 2/4 nights we had to park across the street in a parking lot and walk across with our stuff and all three kids!
Our biggest problem was the check-in....drove 24hrs straight fron Canada, arrived at 8am and they couldn't get us in until 4pm???why??if check out is 11am????
Then when we had to check out and go to another hotel for one night due to overbooking by fun sun vacations they wanted us out at 11am and check in at the new hotel again at 4pm.......
Summary..liked the hotel room...service was really poor (except for the two young guys that were on at night)...parking sucks.
Would consider staying again.

Comments