Plaza Resort And Spa

Plaza Resort & Spa
Priceline.com Travelocity Booking.com

Costs 52% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Plaza Resort And Spa

LOVE THE HOTEL! LOVE THE VIEW!!!

I stay at the hotel for Bike week and I love the hotel. My room was so spacious and clean. But the best was the balcony and the ocean front view. I was really weary of the hotel from all the bad review, but when I got there, it was heavenly. My only complain was that when I call to verify my reservation, they had me down for 3 nite and I has book it for 2 nite. So when I got there she confirm and everything was fine.
But when I check out they has charge me for 3 nite. The only good thing was the front desk noticed it right away and a credit was issue. Beside from that everything was great!! oh, you need a room key to operate the ice machine and sometime it still didn't work.

Bad Service, Bad Rooms

The hotel was listed as a four star hotel. What we got was a one star at best. The hotel charges you a parking fee, and you can't even find a place to park in their garage. After three hours we were finally able to get a place to park. Then we went and waited in line to check in, when we got to the counter, the young man behind the counter told us we had to go to another line, because he had a report to finish. Why couldn't he just tell us when we got in line in the first place??? Then we get to our room, which we had reserved a two double bed room, and we got one double bed and a pull out couch with a flimsy mattress that was sunken in the middle. After a rough day, I just wanted to take a bath, going into the bathroom there were hairs everywhere, after getting the hair out of the tub, I went to turn on the hot water, and the water wouldn't come on, it was broken! The coffeemaker and free coffee that was supposed to be in the room wasn't there. The microwave is a mini shoe box with a timer on it. Expedia said that they had a spa tub, and there was no spa tub. I called the manager about the room, and she simply said they can't guarantee two double beds, said she would call me back after finding out if we could switch rooms, she never called back. In checking out I let the woman behind the desk here parts of my complaint, and all she did was give me free parking. I called the hotel number to complain, and I got an answering machine. After checking out the better business bureau site, they are listed as unsatisfactory because they do not answer customer complaints. DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL!

Far From Four Star

By name, "The Plaza Hotel and Spa" sounds like a wondrous place to spend your hard earned money on a hotel. In reality, the Plaza falls way short of its "four star" review. Like many, I was initially drawn to The Plaza Hotel and Spa based on the four star review. I have no idea how this hotel could receive this rating. For starters, I found their organization to be very shoddy. Although I paid for my room in full several week prior to arrival, when I got to the hotel for my scheduled 4pm check in, I was told my room was not ready. My room was also not ready at 5pm. Or at 6pm. I finally opened the doors to my hotel room at about 6:30pm, and was greeted by the magical smell of must. The walls had spots of mold and the many promised items that were missing from my room included: an iron, ice tray, safe key, coffee pot and a properly working shower curtain.

The Plaza Hotel and Spa does contain some nice elements, specifically their location provides quick access to several bars and clubs. If you aren't expecting much from a hotel and can get a good price, perhaps this hotel is for you. Just be warned that their amenities seemed to be far from four star. Your best bet is to call ahead and ask a good deal of room-specific questions. The next time I am in Daytona, I will NOT be staying at this hotel.

Worst day of my life in this dump

Dump plain and simple. I was transfered to a best western 3 miles away from spring break because they were letting people who were willing to pay 200 a night stay there instead of those of us who booked online weeks ago for 80 bucks less. Pictures are a joke, lobby is nice, rest is dump. Pool is a joke, there is no spa just a lie. No manager on duty at miday saturday and 35 people in the lobby griping at the front desk throughout the day. The police were called by several guests because they were being moved. JOKE JOKE JOKE NEVER EVER STAY HERE. Stay at the OCEAN WALK

over rated

I recently stayed at The Plaza Resort and Spa in Daytona Beach. I was told that it was a nice place and it looked respectable. When I arrived I went into my bathroom and found mold on the shower curtain, a razor from the previous visitor, and cold water. Througout the week I had payed for housekeeping, and never received the service that I had requested. I then had to search for towels daily, make my own bed, and find a place for all of my garbage. I was very dissapointed in the service at the hotel and would not recommend it to anyone.

Never Ever Again

The plaza resort and spa was said to be one of the best hotels in Daytona. I was there in March of 2004. The service was absolutely garbage. It is completely over rated for a place that doesn't care about your business. We were made to wait 4 hours before they would let us check into our room. Maid service didn't come 3 out of the 7 days. Our key didn't work to our door and were made to wait over 3 hours before anybody would come and let us into our room. There was no key to our lock box,(we were told at 7:00 a.m. the next morning we could get our key to the lock box, iron, blow dryer, coffee maker ect... and we never were able to receieve any of these ammenities) though we were promised many of things when we paid our deposit. Since we had to wait until 4:00 p.m. to check in, we wanted a late check out and we were told this was not permitted. What hotel do you know of that doesn't have a late check out?!? When I informed the management we were basically shrugged off and nothing was done to accomidate us. I will never ever ever stay at this place again. The attitude of most of the staff was basically rude and unfriendly. I will tell everybody i know family, friends, and anybody that will listen do not stay at this hotel!!!

Great place to stay

We will definitely go back to this hotel!!My husband and I went for a night away. I booked this over the internet and then I saw this website and read the reviews. I would have cancelled our reservations due to the bad reviews but it was too late and we would lose our money. We were SO glad we did not cancel. The staff was nice, the view was great, the room was clean. The hotel is beautiful.

disappointed again

After reading the reviews, I was scared. I decided to take the leap as everywhere else in Florida was either too expensive or booked for the holiday weekend. Just got back and have to say, please reconsider before booking. I had written to the manager weeks before my arrival questioning the reviews on this site. Never recieved a response,but upon check-in I knew they knew me because they went out of their way to break my -----. Gave me a 14th floor room, it was clean and nice, but the patio was COVERED with bugs, I have the pictures to prove it..BEGGED for them to move me, NOPE, took from 8am until 5 to get some one..anyone to come spray...the housekeeper laughed and said and I qoute "dis is Florida what you tink bout bugs" excuse me I live in Florida and I have never seen such concentration in one area in my life. Asked for some sort of compensation for my aggravation..HA HA HA..not even free parking. By the way they allow every dreg in Daytona to use the pool any time they want, they park for free, bring their picnic baskets and coolers, have a great day, all the while you are sitting on the grass waiting for them to leave so you can get a chair. When you do get a seat you are privy to a pool filled with tanning oil and sand from the beach, it's really just a bad time, don't bother staying here it's not worth the money or bad treatment. If you think you are staying in a 4 star..no..it's about even with Days Inn or The Motel 3 down the road from this place. Also, if the smell of mold makes you sick, you need to really ignore this place..and the staff is sooooo sick of complaints they are numb.

Disgusting

This is possibly the worst hotel ever. I have stayed in many places around teh U.S. and Canada. The service is horable and the staff are uncaring. This place should be torn down. There is a major mold issue and it smells musty. It appears to be a beautiful hotel, but just wait it is not what is intended to be. I would not waste my time visiting this hotel. I would prefer to stay in Orlando at a Comfort Inn rather than waste my money.

Comments