Sea Side Inn

500 North Atlantic Ave. (formerly Thunderbird Motel), Daytona Beach, Florida 32118, United States
#31
Rank 31 of 115 hotels
in Daytona Beach
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 review

Beach Bargain!

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 8, 2005

My family and I stayed at the Thunderbird Beach Motel from July 31st thru Aug. 5th. We found the staff to be pleasant and competent. They work hard to make sure your stay there is fun filled.
The motel itself is quite old, and in need of repairs, but clean. The maids come daily to change the towels and clean up. They do a pretty good job of it. If I could improve one thing, it would be to have the maids carry mildew remover, the bathrooms don't have a fan, so it stays damp and mildew grows in the tub.
My family makes a point of wearing rubber flip flops in hotel rooms and showers when we stay away from home, so I can't say if the floors will really make your feet dirty or not, as some people have stated in previous reviews.
I found the kitchen to be equipped well enough to meet our needs, it had pans, utensils, plates and cups. Also has a small fridge with a freezer that was very clean and saved us from the hassle of keeping up with ice in a cooler, very convenient.
The Thunderbird is the kind of place where you feel comfortable enough to clean your catch in the kitchen sink.
The pool area is well maintained and kept clean, but again, quite old. I saw a man clean the pool and deck each day.
The best part of our stay in Daytona was the beach itself ! Not overly crowded and clean. A short walk to the pier and amusments.We did see some homeless, if you go out to the water early in the morning you'll see them sleeping on the beach, in the sand by some of the *better* hotels too, seems that Volusia county and the city of Daytona tolerate them there.
I plan to remember the Thunderbird for future trips to the beach, the location and the price more than recommend it! If you are the type of person who enjoys a certain amount of luxury and plush surroundings, then the Thunderbird isn't for you. But if you are on a budget, and want a comfortable, clean place where you won't worry about sandy feet and beach toys, a place to have fun and enjoy the ocean with your kids, then the Thunderbird is for you! Sue

Unique Quality: On the beach, great price!

Directions: On beach, close to pier

Daytona Beach Travel Forum

Need advice about Daytona Beach, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Daytona Beach and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Daytona Beach hotel reviews