2411 South Atlantic Avenue, Daytona Beach, Florida, 32118, United States

Booking.com Hotels.com Tingo.com

• Years and Years at this location

It started as Logan's in the 1940's, then 2411 Oceanfront Villas by folks from LI NY...started going here in 1949 as a youngster, then later as a teen, a young adult with my own family and now, as a retired Daytona Beach fan...I remember races on the beach, attractions on the boardwalk, riding the floats. This property is very different now....the cottages are gone, the apartments over the garages, the ramp up to grass, later, a pool oceanside. Now, it's a hotel, indoor pool and a great family place. Unless you are a NASCAR or bike fan, you had better pick a hotel with lots to do or with loads of amenities. It will never be the same with all the high risers and be careful or you will step on a sea turtle and lightening with strike your political correct side! You will enjoy your stay here with family.....we have for nearly 60 years!

Unique Quality: family oriented, indoor pool, sauna, different types of accommodations, friendly staff.

Directions: S Atlantic Avenue in Daytona Shores past Perry's

More about Sun Viking Lodge

Always have a great time here!

by TripAdvisor Member LynnetteB

This is our 5th (?) visit to the Sun Viking Lodge. It is great as it has an indoor pool, outdoor pool with slide, and is on the ocean. Also, there is an activities director. We stay in the motel rooms which are great because it is such a quick walk to the pools and oceans. The rooms have queen beds and a kitchen. I have 2 complaints: the bedroom chairs needed cleaning and the room lock was hard to open. We will return next year and I am contacting Sun Viking about the changes that I think they need to make.

A Step Above

I just returned from a 6 day stay at the Sun Viking Lodge on Daytona Beach Shores, during the July Pepsi 400 Race weekend. I was amazed that even though there was LOTS of people on Daytona Beach, in our area it was relatively secluded. We enjoyed the benefits of having 2 pools, one indoor and one outdoor with a water slide. I would say the water slide entertained the kids but I saw just as many adults enjoying it. The Oceanfront Suite we stayed in was spacious with a full size refrigerator, stove and mini kitchen. Not that you want to cook much on vacation, but it was nice to have. It had 2 TV's, one in the Bedroom and one in the Living Room, A spacious bathroom and separate vanity outside the bathroom, which was great for doing hair and makup without tying up the bathroom. The atmosphere was very family orientated, so if you're looking for a wild party, don't stay here. Parking was great, plenty of spaces and close to the rooms. There are a few minor items that I noticed during our stay. 1. The pool hours are a little strict, but there are rooms right next to the pool, so I guess that's why. 2. Not many shops or eating places close by that you can walk to.
3. The indoor pool smelled very loud with Chlorine and it was very hot during the day in the enclosed pool area. But it was very pretty inside and the outside landscaping was great, along with having lots of chairs to lounge around in. There was also a great shaded outdoor area with tables and chairs to sit around and a never-ending breeze coming off the ocean that was wonderful . All in all this was a very pleasant place to stay and I would recommend you give it a try.

Disappointed

by TripAdvisor Member velvetlee5

We chose this hotel because of the great reviews on here. We were very disappointed. The hotel room was very big, but it smelled and was dirty. The same corn chip, that was there when we checked in, stayed on the floor in the bathroom the whole three days we were there. The desk clerk did not seem to care. There is no restaurants nearby so you had to drive your car and of course when you got back there was no parking. I would not recommend this hotel, I will try the Adams Mark next that is near restaurants and the pier.

Great Staff, fun for kids

We are a family of four with two small children. We've stayed at Sun Viking several times and we think it's great. The kids love the indoor and outdoor pools. They like the children's activity and playing bingo with mom and dad.

One year that we stayed, my daughter broke her arm at a near by park, and we had to leave a day early. The staff was very accomodating and did not charge us for the day we did not stay.

We have no complaints..great hotel for a family.

Also dissapointed...

by TripAdvisor Member JustHelping-FL

I too booked here based on the reviews from TripAdvisor and was disappointed. We booked for three nights.

First, this place is a motel not a hotel, so don't expect any pampering whatsoever. The room did smell musty, but many beach front properties have this issue. Also note that this property is located on the southern part of Daytona called "Daytona Shores" (as opposed to Daytona proper), so you have to drive to get to all the nice places. The staff was very nice and the pool and beach were clean. Since this is not a hotel, there is no lobby to relax in. We found some of the people staying there were very strange and we didn't feel safe sending the kids anywhere alone. We actually did not look forward to returning to the room every night.

Here are some other observations:
- The rooms in the suites do not have locks, so privacy from the kids is a challenge.
- There is no Internet access in the rooms.
- Older window A/C units that tend to be a little noisier than the more modern central air units
- The florescent lights in the bathroom buzzed loudly
- Even simple things like soap dishes were non-existent
- The only two elevators were old and dirty
- The so called "Kafe" is nothing more than a tiny concession stand (and I mean tiny)

I must say, this place is just a simple 8 story motel with some great marketing material!

I agree with a previous post regarding staying at Adam's Mark. That place is in the heart of Daytona and seems to be the "happening" place. If you want more peace and quiet, I would recommend heading further north to Ormond beach or Flaggler Beach. I have no idea why this place is ranked #1, but this is just my opinion. Thanks.

1st time @ Sun Viking and absolutly loved it!!

We just returned from a 7 day stay at Sun Viking and could not be happier.
First, let me tell you where we stayed..we were in the 8 story bldg, we were on the 3rd floor, in an ocean front suite,(Plan 6 on their website) it had 2 queen beds in the bedroom (which was seperate), full kitchen & living area..was very clean, and the bathroom was large and also very clean. We didn't have any problems with our locks, in fact we were trying to find ways to make all of the various doors not lock so that our 3 yr old couldn't lock us out of our bedroom & bathroom & balcony.

The pools were great, very clean, and the staff was very helpful and curtious. The outdoor pool has a 60 ft water slide.. this was fun for eveyone-children and adults alike. The indoor pool was always warm, and rarly crowded. The access to the beach was outstanding, and the atmosphere was very quiet & relaxing. I really appreciated the fact that upon check in we were issued a bracelet for each of us in our party.. this was an added security measure to ensure that people who were not staying at Sun Viking were not using these facilities. There was also night-time security around the pool & in the parking lot..to make sure that there was no mischeif going on.

They have the Viking Kafe--no this is not a 5 star restaruant, this is just what it says...a SMALL cafe with outdoor tables, that serves the basics--hot dogs, hamburgers, blt's, they serve breakfast also..if u are looking to have a 5 course meal here..you are not going to get it, but you will get a great snack, or lunch, and quick service with a smile. It was a littel pricy..but then again everything is pricy in Daytona.

Let me just say, THIS IS NOT THE ADAMS MARK--THIS IS A SMALL LODGE THAT CATERS TO FAMILIES ON A QUIET END OF DAYTONA SHORES (I AM REALLY NOT SO SURE THAT UPPER DAYTONA SHOULD BE CALLED PROPER). We had a suite that cost $99.00 nite, the people who stay at this hotel are not "strange" as another review put it, but they are blue collar, working class families looking to relax at a nice place. I felt very comfortable letting my daughter play with the other children at the pool, and talked to many of the families who were also staying there.

If you are looking to be in the middle fo the "action" then you will not be happy here b/c it is very quiet, the beach is not crowded and there are few other people around. We rented a golf cart-drove down close to the pier (around adams mark) and yes, it was a happening place..so much so you couldn't move and in no way shape or form would I ever allow my daughter to run around without holding my hand or in my arms, the cars were everywhere..and the yes..those people were 'STRANGE'.

I again will say..we were very pleased.. and i am sure that this will be where we stay next year..please feel free to email me if you have any questions about this property..I would love to share our experience and opinion about this very nice lodge.

A Nice Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member StuckInDaytona

I stayed there for a few nights before I moved into a dorm at a nearby university. We got a one bedroom oceanfront suite. It was clean and looked nice. A few things in the room were out of date. The two pools and the hot tub were nice. The pool side cafe had good food and the hotel had fun activities. This is a great place to stay if you have kids. The activities director told us that every time you stay here you get a certain percentage of your rate. He also said that some people stay here for a month or more at a time. Things I didn't like were you had to get a key from the front desk to use the fitness room and then return it when your done and the only internet access at the hotel was at one computer and it was dial-up. Overall not a bad place.

Overnight stay at Sun Viking

by TripAdvisor Member mekopp

I stayed here the evening of August 22 while in Daytona beach visting friends. I selected this hotel/motel based on the reviews here. Upon arriving, I thought the property looked a little run down from the outside. However, my room was neat, clean, and nicely decorated. The bathroom was fine (but no hair dryer). I was in the motel section facing the parking lot, but just steps to the pool and beach. The unit had a full kitchen and a regular sized refrigerator, which I didn't really need for one night. However, if I had been staying for several nights, it definately would have been a plus. The room was very inexpensive and the hotel web site offered a decent AAA discount. I got a lot of room for $82 (tax included).

I live only an hour from Rehobeth Beach, Delaware. A room equivalent in Rehobeth Beach would easily be over twice as much. The outdoor pool was very clean and the water slide was fun, even for an adult. Sitting in the hot tub provided a relaxing view of the ocean. I had a great time here and I would definately return again. We had planned on getting up early on our departure day to travel back to Orlando to stay on-site at Universal studios (which was supposed to be the "big" part of our trip), but this place was so relaxing we stayed until early afternoon.

Danger, Danger, Daytona Beach Visitor

by clanlamond

"3 Hits and 2 Misses Hotels/Motels"

Last year at the very end of Spring Break (just after Easter) we stayed at the Desert Inn. After having looked at the website and talking to the reservation desk I was sure we would have a great weekend. Boy, was I wrong. It was a very dirty place. This dirt had been there a long time. The stained ceilings in the halls and rooms were numerous. The indoor pool had weeds growing on the roof of the glass enclosure and so much chlorene in the water it stung your eyes. Of course, since the outside pool had shoes, an oil slick, soda cans and vomit in it for the two days we were there, there wasn't much choice. Unless things have changed dramatically, I will never stay there or recommend this place to anyone.

Another place we were unhappy with was the Surfside Resort in the Ormond Beach area. I guess because we used a discount we got a so, so room. It bothered me that the top floor corridors were covered in bird pooh and you need to make sure you had on your flip flops to get back to the room after visiting the pool. The indoor pool was like a sauna as it had no ventilation and there was trash in the pool. The out door pool however had so much sand in it we were wondering if there was any left on the beach. The wooden deck next to the bar had big holes cut into it and if you had walked on it barefoot you surely would have gotten splinters from the very old wood. The lobby is great looking though...

On a brighter note, we will return to the Sun Viking Inn down in South Daytona. This is a family motel so if you want peace and quiet, it probably isn't for you. They have 2 wonderfully clean pools, one inside for those who don't want too much sun (I have a family of red heads), great beach front, and really nice rooms. Many have kitchens and it's great to save a little money cooking your own meals. There is a nice little snack bar by the indoor pool and in the morning you can have a nice breakfast on the patio. The best part is that once you stay with them, you get a discount the next time you stay. Just let them know you are a returning guest.

Another nice place to stay is Perry's Ocean Edge Resort. It can get a bit pricy in the summer time but honestly this is a slice of old Florida and worth the stay. Perry's caters to families, retire folks, and couples because they have so many room choices. Many have kitchenetts and some sleep up to 6. They also have several cabins next to the main hotel for some privacy. They have three pools; one of which is indoors and is in a very lovely setting. They have daily activites and also claim to have baby sitting in the summer so parents can get a nice diner out. I haven't used this service at this time. You can get free juice, coffee, and homemade donuts every morning and they also have a great little restaurant on the property. Winn Dixie is just across the street which is also very handy.

We also stayed at the Boardwalk Inn and Suites in June of 2003. We used the Traveler's Discount Guide (www.roomsavers.com) and one of the walking-in rate coupons. They were very pleasent about honoring them and even gave us the ground floor room we needed for Grandma. We had a lovely room with a big bathroom and nice beds. The pool deck was great for my kids as they have a fountain/waterpark area instead of a kiddy pool. They have a nice pool bar that serves good food as well as a evening hot spot called Iguana Sam's. In the moring they serve free coffee, juice, donuts, and bagels. They are only 1/2 block from the Main Street Pier and there are some casual restaurants next door.

I hope to hear from others about their experiences in Daytona Beach. We enjoy checking out places to stay.

Slide at Sun Viking LodgeSlide at Sun Viking Lodge