The Bermuda House

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 28% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

More about The Bermuda House

Bermuda House

by readymix about ocean front room

We booked through bookit .com for three days ,when we got there the room was dirty phone did not work no internet unless you whent to lobby tv remote did not work, the balconys are falling apart pieces of concrete was dropping ,and after paying up front they still charged $15.00 to credit card after checkout .only good thing about the place was the pool.would not recomend to any one.. pool was good

We had a great time at the Bermuda House

The Bermuda house is not at all what these ratings are, my family stayed there last year and we are going again this year. They have affordable pricing, they are working on the rooms, not that they are bad or anything they are remodeling, they do not have a poolside bar, but the hotel next to them lets the guests come to their poolside bar. We liked it so much, we are going again in Dec of '05. The beach parties along with the pool parties are great. The employees were nothing but wonderful to us. We got fantastic service. If we needed anything in the room, all we had to do is call the front desk or stop in at the lobby, we didn't have to wait for anything. The room was always kept clean by the maids, we never had to worry about leaving anything out, it was always there when we returned. Anyway, the Bermuda house was a fun time for us and the largest outlet shopping mall is right across the street.

The Bermuda House makes Alcatraz look nice!

This hotel is terrible. You will not feel very safe. My girlfriend was in tears when we checked in. Our room door wouldn't close or lock. It's basically abandoned, scary, dirty, and smelly. The pool area is so bad, they tell you to go to the pool next door at the BestWestern. The elevator was so bad I used the stairs. We experienced this all in about 30 minutes while we tried to cancel our reservations. We left and found another place to stay. If you want to ruin a vacation, stay at the Bermuda house. Don't be fooled by the nice pictures they post on the website. They must be old photos from when the place was newer.

Unbelievably Bad

My stay at the Bermuda House lasted all of 20 minutes. The lobby was alright but as soon as we went into the hallway to get an elevator we noticed a smell that was almost enough to make you throw up. Upon entering the room and turning on the lights we were greeted by a 3 inch cockroach. There were droppings all over the bathroom so it had not been cleaned for some time. The wallpaper was peeling off the wall, the closet door was off the track, and when I atemped to call the front desk to complain, the phone did not work properly. That was enough for our family and we checked out and went to another hotel for the weekend.

A Pattern Of Theft, Poor Service, And Disrespect!

My wife visited Bermuda House on July 28 through 31. Unfortunately, she was the victim of theft as well. $40 was taken from her purse. Another woman, four doors down had her engagement ring, valued at over $1100 taken.

The "manager" (it is a real stretch to say he "manages" anything on the property), Brian, handled our situation with the arrogance and lack of respect that he handled his reply to another post on this website. Passing the buck, blaming others, and failing to offer help, or even an "I'm sorry." In fact, Brian would not even show his face to speak with my wife in person. He would not return calls, and when he was finally reached he was rude. Even with the pattern that these posts reflect, his comment was, "There is no proof anything was stolen, only that things are missing." The arrogance of claiming that the loss of valuables is the result of the carelessness of his guests reflects his poor management style.

His lack of service, hospitality, respect, and accountability is not, fortunately, consistent with the service we have been provided at other Ocean Resorts. In fact, my family have previously stayed four times at the Beachcomber, another Ocean Resorts property, before it was closed due to hurricane damage. My family has also stayed at numerous hotels across the country, and I have never posted negative comments about any other vacation experience.

As an attorney I understand the legal importance of not admitting to liability, and I understand that under Florida law a hotel is not responsible for the theft of one of its employees. They should, however, be accountable for the level of service, respect, and decency with which they treat those who choose to spend their hard earned money for a few days of rest and relaxation. I would never tell anyone where to go or not to go on their vacation. The choice is yours. I would only encourage everyone to weigh what they have read here, reflect on the comments and tone of the rude response of Brian on this site, and give proper consideration to where they spend their money. Daytona Beach is full of polite people who will work hard to earn your trust while ensuring you have an enjoyable vacation. You'll just have to drive past Brian to find them.

Most disgusting place I have ever encountered..No exxageration!!

My husband, 20 month old son, and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. That was 2 nights to many!! We had already paid for our vacation, or else we would have left and went back to Orlando. For starters, when we walked in the door I let it go to shut. It slammed shut so hard that if my son would have been in the way he would have been crushed. Upon entering the room a gust of moldy air filled our lungs. Pleasant. My husband went to dead bolt the door, but to our surprise the lock did not work. I began to look around the room and discovered a hole in the wall approximately 2 feet in diameter. It had been covered somewhat , but only halfway. The hole was at the height of my son's head, and on the second day he bumped into the wall and nearly fell through, seriously. The boxspring mattress on the second bed had a giant stain on it that resembled blood, which almost made me sick. There was mold behind the side table, and the headboard of our bed was cracked. The outlet in the bathroom was very strange, I think it may have come from the 1970's. Not sure. My husband had to open our balcony door, which took him about 5 minutes each time, because it was off track or something. My husband did go to the front desk to ask for a microwave and tell them about the hole so we did not get charged for it. When the guy brought the microwave he asked to see the whole, and said "Oh. The inspector must have missed it." If indeed there is an inspector that has seen this hotel he must have been blind, and had no sense of smell. The pool however was surprisingly OK. When we checked out the person in front of me was complaining, I complained, and the 2 people behind me did as well. The manager basically said OK. No 1-800 to call to make comments, only reservations, I will not be using that number, EVER! The people who gave this hotel anything over a 2 star rating, must have stayed at a different hotel. DON"T WAIST YOUR TIME OR MONEY HERE!!!

-----!!

absolutely repulsive. you want a good stay at daytona beach?? then stay somewhere else. its the worst place me and my family have EVER stayed!! its dirty, damp everywhere and smelly!! PLEASE STAY SOME WHERE ELSE!! this is not where you would want to spend your vacation.

Vile and horrible

I am agreement with the reviewer who described this place as disgusting. It was filthy and obviously had not had any maintenance for years. We had to literally force our room door open. You usually get what you pay for in a cheap hotel, in this case we got a good deal less than we paid for.

Ghetto Hotel

When we first arrived we thought, "Ok, it's a little run down, but it will work." We had read these reviews before arriving, so we thought we were prepared... The elevator was horrible, hot, SLOW, scary, and went BANG everytime it opened. The hallway leading to our room was filthy and falling apart. When we got to our room the door was cracked open, and the carpet was soaking wet. Our lamp did not work, and our toilet was clogged. The sliding glass door was heavy and hard to open, which you could expect from an older hotel on the beach with the salt water and all. Our carpet was torn and the closet was missing the door. Upon arriving we had asked the front desk to give us the later check out time, and then paid the extra $10. The next morning we were woken up early by the phone ringing, and someone banging on our door before even the normal check out time. When we told them we had paid for the late check out, they apologized and we thought that would be the end of it. 10 Minutes later, the other front desk person called. Apparently they lack communication skills. I will choose a different hotel for my next beach visit. This hotel is the defenition of ghetto, from the rap music at the front desk blaring, to the door being open when we first approached the room. Not recommended to anyone.

Hidious

This is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. I am 47 years old and have traveled to Daytona for Bikeweek many times. I read the reviews after my cousin had booked the room and paid for it. I gave it a chance, maybe just a few people had a bad experience. Boy was I wrong! This hotel is so run down, I doubt they have done any maintenance to it in the last 10 years. The ceiling in the bathrooms is falling. My husband had to use a kitchen knife to close the rooms door because the hinges are in such need of repair. It was virtually imposible to get in or out of the room. Oh, just wait until you try out the elevator. Most of the occupants took the stairs in fear they would die in the elevator. The rooms stink, the airconditioners from the rooms above either leak into your room or onto your balcony which is decrepid and molded. My next step will be to call the Daytona Health Department and report them. I hope who ever reads this will believe me because it is true. If I had thought to take photos I would be glad to send them. Maybe the Health Department can do something for the consumers.

full moon saloonfull moon saloon

Crossing of fresh and salt waterCrossing of fresh and salt water

Daytona BeachDaytona Beach