The Shores Resort & Spa

4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

2637 South Atlantic Avenue (formerly Hilton Resort), Daytona Beach, Florida, 32118, United States

Shores Resort and Spa
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• My lodging experience

Overall, I had a great experience at this hotel. Staff members were very helpful and accomodating. There is alot to do at the hotel itself and it is situated directly on the beach. The mornings offered fantastic views from my 11th floor (top floor) oceanfront room. The only issue for me was the lack of free wireless internet in the rooms. The entire first floor had free wi-fi, but I believe rooms were something like $10 for a 24 hour period, which seemed a bit much. I was there on business partially also, so I needed the access.

• Hilton

Good location, Comfortable room, most/all rooms have beach view, cleanliness average or a bit better than average. Balcony about 1.5 feet deep. Nice pool. Go outside, you're on the beach.

Tacky - room internet costs $10/day (free wireless in lobby and there is a business room with free access computers though), they leave bottles of water in room that cost $3 if you take one (vending machine in hallway...), Coin laundry with 2 machines can only do cold water wash and dryer is dirty.

Had several things broken in room, but when front desk was informed, they took care of it right away. Several restaurants, gift shop.

Key cards kept going bad - and I was not alone in that problem. You need key to to operate elevators. Front desk blamed on cell phones, but I would imagine sand from the beach scratching the magnetic stripe would be a big factor.

• tatyanap's Profile Photo

Used to be Adam's Mark -- now Hilton

UPDATE: We stayed at Hilton and it's very, very nice; definitely worth paying extra. Unfortunately, they don't have wireless connection in rooms yet; I brought my laptop downstairs and lounged in a nice chair instead.

I haven't stayed in this hotel -- it used to be Adam's Mark, though. We stayed there and it was very, very nice. It still looks great from outside.

Unique Quality: Located in the heart of Daytona Beach -- many restaurants, boutiques, etc. Also, located directly on the beach.

Safe for walking 24 hours a day.

Directions: See my Adam's Mark review

More about The Shores Resort & Spa

Picture Perfect Weekend All Around

by TripAdvisor Member LLL22

My husband and I, our son, daughter-in-law and both grandsons fully enjoyed our stay at The Shores Resort & Spa. From check-in, housekeeping, dining in, room service, pool-side/beach services to the Spa everything and everyone worked to make sure we were comfortable.

The Shores offers something for everyone if you can make it out of your plushly appointed room with huge plasma TV, down wrapped mattresses in four-poster king-sized beds (with turn-down service), sporting plenty of down pillows, huge luxurious bathrooms with walk in showers that had perfect water pressure, walk in closets, sofa and ottoman, desk, tufted chair, silver ice bucket with wine glasses and champagne flutes, balcony with table and chairs to sit at while listening to the roar of the ocean just in front of you... We actually saw five dolphin swimming and jumping during our room service breakfast on the balcony our first morning.

We spent the day beach and pool side, listening to live music on the patio, met people at the nightly fireside next to the Tiki bar where we walked off the torch-lit patio and into the dining room to enjoy a luscious lava cake. Then my indulgent day at the spa where Diana was my Massage Therapist, Mary Lynn my Esthetician, and Michelle my Nail Technician (ladies, you rock!) I walked out totally relaxed and felt like a noodle never wanting it to end.

It's all in the details, and The Shores Resort & Spa held up to it's advertisement; there were no disappointments, but, rather surprises in the quality of products freely given to every guest and the manner in which housekeeping manages to keep all areas, especially your rooms so clean and stocked with freshly laundered plush towels. The carpet feels like it is regularly steam-cleaned under your bare feet. Of course, we just had to make purchases of the spa and bath products before we left.

We are already wanting to schedule another get away to The Shores Resort, but this time a few days longer. It is so nice to know The Shores is there and awaits your next trip where you wake up with "bed head" because of the comfortable night's sleep. For us, there is no more guesswork as to where to stay during our trips because The Shores upholds it's reputation, and then some!

It's the little things that bother me.

by TripAdvisor Member lrlwreath

We stayed at the Shores because a friend of ours was getting married. So my husband and I planned to stay one night and get a romance package. We checked in, and upon our arrival we were suspose to get strawberries and champagne. After a half hour we called down and asked about the strawberries and champagne. They apologized and said "it will be right up".

After waiting another hour and half, we called again because these items have not arrived. They said "we will bring the stawberries and champagne right away. We checked in at 4pm, did not get our stawberries until 6:30, we had to then leave for the wedding. So did not even get to enjoy them =(.

Then the next morning when I got my bill I realized they billed us wrong, and added someones dinner on our tab. You see we were at the wedding reception all night, so there is no way we could have eaten dinner there that night =). Then I go to make some coffee in the morning and the coffee maker was broken.

Like I said it is the little things that kind of put me over the edge of not liking this place. The room was beautiful, the view of the ocean was to die for, people there were nice, but the services was stinky. You expect when you spend extra money for a "romance package" you would get some additional attention.

Oh also when I showed up I asked (which I already knew the answer but wanted to verify) that valet parking was included in the package. At first they said "no", then the sheet they handed me listing our special items included in the package, I showed him where it said "valet parking included".

It was kind of a bummer night stay. We wanted a mini-getway with no worries, wanted to enjoy seeing our friend get married, but the lack of service made me upset and not "very relaxed".

Plush resort for a great affordable vacation!

We spent a weekend at the Shores and were impressed with the cushy accommodations, beautiful location and faciities. The beds are fourposter canopys with an extra cushion on top. Each room has a beautiful flatscreen TV and was very soundproof. We were initially booked in a river view double but were able to switch to a beach view king the following night. The concierge was very helpful and accommodating and we had a delicious gourmet dinner one night and the room service breakfast was also classy and tasty. The online deal we got made this treat even better as we felt like royalty and it cost less than $200 per night. I had a massage and it was excellent also.

great beds

by TripAdvisor Member jgieske347

got sick first day of vacation but spent 2 days in a fabulous bed with a 42" plasma screen, slept like a rock..great balconey room #712, nice service staff and good food, although it was pricey. nice to see the ocean from the room and the pool was great, although get there early , chairs and towels in short supply...would book again

Wow! Don't pass this 4 star resort by!

by TripAdvisor Member kylala01

I found this hotel while surfing the net for Daytona hotels. While many internet sites are embellished, the Shores was not. What you see is what you get! We were immediately impressed and knew that we made a wise choice. We had booked a balcony room (only kings have balconies) but were "upgraded" to a ground floor lanai. The concierge quickly took me to view the room to see if it was acceptable. It was awesome and perfect for our family. We had a walk-out lanai that gave us direct pool access while still clearly viewing the ocean. The bathrooms were plush and large, the robes super-soft, and the service was 4 star. Never did we ask for anything that we waited more than 5 minutes. I would caution against ordering from the bar.... a margarita was $9.25 but that was the only negative that I could find. We did not visit the hotel restaurant but it always smelled great and other guests said it was good. The cabana service at the pool was excellent. The hotel also provides towels for the pool which was nice. We will definitely go back!

Comments