The Shores Resort & Spa

See Amenities

My lodging experience

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 21, 2007

Overall, I had a great experience at this hotel. Staff members were very helpful and accomodating. There is alot to do at the hotel itself and it is situated directly on the beach. The mornings offered fantastic views from my 11th floor (top floor) oceanfront room. The only issue for me was the lack of free wireless internet in the rooms. The entire first floor had free wi-fi, but I believe rooms were something like $10 for a 24 hour period, which seemed a bit much. I was there on business partially also, so I needed the access.

Hilton

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 8, 2007

Good location, Comfortable room, most/all rooms have beach view, cleanliness average or a bit better than average. Balcony about 1.5 feet deep. Nice pool. Go outside, you're on the beach.

Tacky - room internet costs $10/day (free wireless in lobby and there is a business room with free access computers though), they leave bottles of water in room that cost $3 if you take one (vending machine in hallway...), Coin laundry with 2 machines can only do cold water wash and dryer is dirty.

Had several things broken in room, but when front desk was informed, they took care of it right away. Several restaurants, gift shop.

Key cards kept going bad - and I was not alone in that problem. You need key to to operate elevators. Front desk blamed on cell phones, but I would imagine sand from the beach scratching the magnetic stripe would be a big factor.

tatyanap's Profile Photo

Used to be Adam's Mark -- now Hilton

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 8, 2005

UPDATE: We stayed at Hilton and it's very, very nice; definitely worth paying extra. Unfortunately, they don't have wireless connection in rooms yet; I brought my laptop downstairs and lounged in a nice chair instead.

I haven't stayed in this hotel -- it used to be Adam's Mark, though. We stayed there and it was very, very nice. It still looks great from outside.

Unique Quality: Located in the heart of Daytona Beach -- many restaurants, boutiques, etc. Also, located directly on the beach.

Safe for walking 24 hours a day.

Directions: See my Adam's Mark review

Nearby The Shores Resort & Spa

The Shores Resort & Spa

• Shores Resort Daytona Beach
  • Shores Hotel Daytona Beach

Address: 2637 South Atlantic Avenue (formerly Hilton Resort), Daytona Beach, Florida, 32118, United States

3 Photos of The Shores Resort & Spa

• Spa
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Daytona Beach Travel Forum

Need advice about Daytona Beach, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Daytona Beach and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Daytona Beach hotel reviews