Wyndham Ocean Walk Daytona Beach

3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

300 North Atlantic Ave, (formerly Ocean Walk Resort), Daytona Beach, Florida, 32118, United States

Wyndham Ocean Walk
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

Costs 111% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• STAY AWAY... FAR FAR AWAY FROM THIS DUMP

I honestly think that Wydham must have people on here writing these reviews. From the moment we pulled up this place is a train wreck. Nowhere to park for check-in and 1 person working to service around 20 people waiting in line. I will agree we came at a busier time of the year so this is somewhat out of the hotels control. For reference even if booking a 2 bedroom suite you are only given one parking pass and told to find your own parking for your second vehicle.

From the time we entered our hotel it smelled of heavy smoke even though we had a non-smoking room (as they all are supposed to be now.) When we came back from our hotel that night we had become aware that our A/C was not working and could not get in touch with ANYONE from the hotel after 30 minutes of trying all numbers possible we slept with the windows/balcony door open.

Next day we are there we come back to the room to get ready for dinner to see the room had not been cleaned or the towels replaced from the previous day. Figuring this was a mistake I went downstairs to retrieve more towels. I was greeted by an extremely rude man telling me if I wanted my room cleaned it would be extra and if I wanted dry towels I need to put them in the dryer.

Seeing as this cannot be something usual with such a big name hotel I had been referenced to a Peter Davidson at 407-626-6446 who I cannot tell you enough I have never been given such horrible customer service in my lifetime. His attitude to me was that customers are a dime a dozen and actually laughed at the problems I was having at the Wyndham Ocean Walk hotel. I asked for his managers contact information or a corporate contact so I could further my dispute when he kept telling me flat out "no" to any question I had.

I don't know where in the world all these positive comments are coming from but I smell paid reviews. Stay away unless you want to have a Motel 6 experience at Wyndham prices.

More about Wyndham Ocean Walk Daytona Beach

Loved Ocean Walk

by TripAdvisor Member dap

We just returned from 3 nights at Ocean Walk. It was wonderful. We had a condo that had 2 balconies. One was off the living room and one off the guest bedroom. The pools were great and my 20 mo old loved the kiddie pool. I'll have to say this was one of the nicest places I've ever stayed and hope to return very soon. Three days is just not enough to enjoy Ocean Walk.

Come for the Fahitas...Stay for the Magaritas

by dgines about Adobe Gilas

Located in the Ocean Walk shops this bar with a view of the beach is perfect for catching a late dinner and extending the evening into night time entertainment.

Ocean Walk Village

by V_Minx

Photo borrowed from listed website.

Parking
An inexpensive, multi-level parking garage is located off (A1A) Atlantic Avenue across from the Adam's Mark hotel.

Adventure Landing Watepark & Entertainment Complex
Behind the garage is a new water park. Using a Caribbean theme, you have 5 acres to enjoy a playground with 12 water slides, a wave pool, go-kart track, minitaure golf, and an arcade.

Ocean Walk Shoppes
A more upscale selection of eateries and entertainment choices including:
* Ocean Walk 10 - 10 screen, all digital, stadium seating movie theater.
* Bubba Gump Shrimp Complany - have you seen the movie Forest Gump?
* Mai Tai Bar - Hawaiian themed
* Adobe Gila's Margarita Cantina - A southwestern themed bar & restaurant.
* Starbuck's Coffee - java junkies know this well.
* Cold Stone Creamery - hand mixed icecream to your specifications.
* Daytona Beach Harley Davidson Apparel Shoppe - a must for motorcyclist.
* Bath Junkie - custom mixed bath products.
* Johnny Rockets - 50's themed malt shop & hamburger restaurant

The Bandshell
At the end of the boardwalk near the shops is the outdoor ampitheater. Bring your lawn chairs and free concerts under the stars with sounds of Latin, blue grass, jazz, country and more.

The Boardwalk & Beach
This stretch of Daytona Beach is off limits to automobiles, so the sand is soft and it is safe for the whole family to mill around. If you don't want to walk in the surf or get sand in your shoes, you can enjoy the view as you stroll along the paved boardwalk. To once side you have the ocean and beach and to the other are restautrants, hotels & condos

Never made it there

At least you guys got to go! We are OWNERS at a Fairfield resort in Orlando and gave advanced notice that we would like to exchange for Ocean Walk and were told that no rooms were available. While enjoying the shops and restaurants at Ocean Walk Village, we noticed that there weren't many ocean front rooms that had towels, etc on the balconies and many rooms had curtains drawn. I think they just don't want to have to pay staff to work during the off season!

Life Isn't Fair

by TripAdvisor Member gailcook

I am a Fairfield owner with my deed at Ocean Walk. We were assigned a "oceanview" room. Fine if you didn't mind walking outside and looking to the extreme left to see the ocean. Otherwise all you saw was the wall across the street! It took me awhile, but finally found out that the rooms for Fairfield members are assigned by the number of points owned. I had no say in where I would stay--it was completely at Fairfield's choosing. Had I owned hundreds of thousands of points, would have had an ocean front room. But cash paying, non-Fairfield members, get an ocean front room! Life is just not fair! Will return and keep my fingers crossed that I can get a better room next time. Was assigned 816--not bad, but no ocean view from inside at all!

Breathtaking!! Best Vacation of My Life!

by TripAdvisor Member Rlost

Ocean Walk is the most amazing hotel I have ever stayed at. We had a 2 bedroom Ocean Front room on the 8th floor during Christmas break and it was fantastic! The room had everything we could possibly need and the furnishings were great. We actually had two kitchens, bathrooms ect. I guess our 2 bedroom was actually 2 separate hotel rooms combined. For a family of five it was more than enough space! We had 2 double beds, a king and 2 double pull out couches. This was fantatic because in a regualar hotel room 5 people is cramped. You will not be dissapointed if you stay here. The A unit was fabulous with no windows out into the hall and a balcony overlooking hte water. The B unit was not a nice but still great. The light from the hall did not bother me it was very minimal. The view was beautiful and the pool was huge. It was so nice to just walk from the pool to the beach to the Ocean Walk Village, whenever we felt like it. The only complaint I had was the pool was cold and the lazy river was freezing. It was hard to stay in them for too long, but the lifegaurd insisted 80 degree water was being pumped in. It did not feel like it and this meant constant trips to the hot tub. Also it is amazing in the morning but around noon there was no longer sun on the pool deck and by about 2 it was gone from the beach beacuse the building blocked it. This was still by far the best vacation I've ever been on, the pros largely outweigh the cons.

Outstanding! ignore any neg reviews... this place is 5*

Planning on staying at the Ocean Walk? Expect the very best! Even as the resort continues to grow the inconviences were kept to a minimum...
The rooms are decorated and furnished excellent and house keeping staff do a superb job. Inside and out this is a fantastic place to stay and I wouldnt hesitate for a moment to return or to recommend to the fussiest of travellers. There is little or no area needing improvement or that hasnt been considered... access is easy... parking is great... pool area is the best... staff courtious and professional... I had two rooms... an A and A B unit. Both were furnished and equiped to the same high standard... rooms have fully equiped kitchens so if you prefer to eat in you will love it... beds are comfortable and if you have an A unit the view is a bonus.... Before booking I like you read reviews and I was suprised by a mix of positive and neg reviews.... after staying there I am even more suprised how this place could ever warrant anything but the best review. I guess some people just have to be negative and you cant make happy... or perhaps people are more inclined to leave a neg review than a positive one.... what ever the case I can assure you you will have the vacation of your life when you stay here... Could I find anything negative to say? well.... I suppose....
lets see I was there for an event week so the place was packed...
expect limited parking during these peak weeks... not neg enough? Heres one... perhaps the only real true negative of the place..... the resort is so tall that it towers over the pool area and casts a shadow in the early afternoon.... This is truly the only negative of the entire place. It really is outstanding and aside from the usual pushy sales people that are common in new time share resorts you will find the staff helpfull and able to assist in anyway.... If you like to celebrity watch be assured that people that stay at the finest hotels are commonly seen here... and no I didnt buy into the time share.....
but if I ever was to this is where I would...

Sure Beats Myrtle Beach Rooms!!!!

Stayed here for a few days on the way back from Disney at Christmas. I cannot say enough good things about this place. Lots of activities.
First night, they had a bartenders class in the lounge. Bartender made 5 different tropical drinks and gave each one of us a cup of it along with the recipe. $5.00 covered the whole evening of drinks!! Excellent view. Suite was awesome. Private bedroom for us and kids had pull out sofa. Kitchen had dishwasher and full size everything. Very clean also.
We are used to Myrtle Beach effeciencies - these were way better than MB's. We liked the way it was connected to the little shopping center.
Very convenient. Going back in November!!!! Nice area.

A popular beach & vacation spot

by V_Minx

"The beach itself"

The first few times I went to DB, I thought that the ability to drive on the beach was a wonderful feature. I certanly enjoyed rolling down the windows or lowering the convertible top and letting the ocean breeze blow through with the distinct saltwater smell. I'm not certain how many other beaches allow automobile traffic, but this is a great place take your vehicle for a sceneic and refreshing drive.

On the other hand, as a beach pedestrian, having the cars driving up and down the shores is a bit of a nuisence. On my latest trip, I was with my girlfriend and her 2 young children. We had to take extra care to watch the children so the didn't go into the ocean or get near the traffic lane. If your children are young and unaware of the dangers, a trip to the beach can become less relaxing than you think.

The sand on DB is so-so. Nearest the ocean there are a lot of crushed shells and coral giving a pinkish brown hint. It is also relatively compact and not very powdery. As you move away from the ocean towards the vehicle path, the sand becomes more tan and is softer. However, it is a short way to the vehicle path and that sand is very hard - compacted by the tires of the cars driving through. Even further past the road is a stretch of soft, tan sand that is comfortable to lay on. However, automobiles are allowed to park in a section of this area so you need to mark your space well and be aware of your surroundings.

The ocean waves are relatively tame and there seems to be quite a bit of sediment disturbed. Therefore, water clarity is not very good near the beach.

"The town"

DB appears to be making some strides to offer a bit more of entertainment along the beach front with the development of the Ocean Walk Village. It has always had hotels & motels lining the beach and the main road (A1A) Atlantic Avenue is filled with suvenier shops, restaurants, putt-putt golf, and more motels. What it lacked was parking and a nightlife spot. The Ocean Walk Village near the Adam's Mark hotel accomplishes this. There is a multi-level parking garage with a pedstrian bridge crossing the main road, the boardwalk provides rooms for people to stroll, there are places to eat with outdoor seating, no autos drive on this section of beach, and an open-air ampitheatre provides a place for musical concerts to be held.

Area Conditions

by SETH57

My wife and I have a weeks vacation booked for the ocean walk resort in Daytona beach 10/04/04, my ? is what shape is daytona in after all the bad weather you have had. Deciding weather to cancel or not. Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Seth

by Easty

There is another Hurricane heading there now. Stay tuned.

by goingsolo

Easty is right. Hurricane Jeanne has turned around and is heading in the direction of central Florida. The storm is expected to hit landfall by Sunday, although the location where it hits and when it hits are subject to change.

But even if Jeanne doesn't hit the area, you may want to check with the hotel. Many places along the beach are closed or running with limited services due to the storm damage from the previous hurricanes.

Re: Re: Area Conditions

by ZenGator

As you may know, Jeanne come on shore pretty close to Daytona last night. While officials & media people are just getting their first look at the results, there have already been reports of "significant" damage.

Call (later) to be sure, but you'll most likely have to reschedule.

Re: Re: Area Conditions

by goingsolo

They are showing some photos now, and it looks pretty bad. The storm surge did a lot of damage a few weeks ago and many of the beachfront hotels were closed. Some of the hotels which were still partially operable were asked by the city to take in people who are homeless and have been operating in a shelter capacity for local residents. Now with the second hit, its unlikely that anything will be able to reopen. Even if the damage at the hotel is not significant, the city will be in bad shape for a while. Also, FPL is reporting that areas will be without power for 3 weeks. You may want to check into that as well.

by SETH57

I would like to thank everyone for the feed back,needless to say my wife and I have decided to cancle our trip to daytona, hopefully it wont be long till everyone who has been effected by these storms will be back on your feet.

Thanks Again