10 North Ocean Boulevard, Delray Beach, Florida, 33483, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• doug48's Profile Photo

near the beach

the marriott has an excellent location at the intersection of north ocean blvd. and atlantic ave. across the street from the beach. many of the attractions of delray beach are with in walking distance of the hotel. the marriott delray beach offers all of the amenites that you would expect from this better chain.

Directions: north ocean blvd & atlantic ave east delray at the beach.

More about Delray Beach Marriott

Great value, nice stay

by TripAdvisor Member CMG33140

We stayed at the Delray Beach Marriott (10 North Ocean) on 1/21/05 (post Wilma) for a wedding. The hotel was great; beautiful decor, clean, spacious rooms, very nice pool area. Food at the pool cafe was great and food at the wedding was delicious. I would highly recommend staying at the Delray Beach Marriott any time you're in town and I wouldn't hesitate going back.

great romantic getaway

The Delray Beach Marriott is a great hotel for a romantic getaway. My husband and I had an enjoyable stay, with terrific service from the front desk staff to the room service. The room was spacious, clean and luxurious (but not so much so that it was unaffordable). The room itself was seperated into two areas, entering into a living area with couch, desk and tv and going down a short hallway past the bath into the bedroom. The bedroom opened onto a small balcony that faced a side street and, even though only a "partial view" room, we had a clear view of the ocean going south down A1A. The bed was very comfortable, made up with a down comforter and lots of down pillows. With the doors to the balcony open and warm ocean breezes blowing in over the bedroom, it was ideal. The only negative was that we had to close the balcony doors due to noise from patrons leaving bars and resturants late at night and trucks making deliveries early in the morning. But with the doors closed it was ok.

One of the best Marriotts

by TripAdvisor Member JCM

My wife and I have just returned from 5 days at the Delray Beach Marriott. We did some sight seeing around South Florida and attended a conference. Now, I have to say up front that I used Marriott Rewards points rather than paying cash. So, I can't complain about the price. They gave us a fifth floor suite looking straight out at the beach. That did create a good impression.

This hotel is very clean and the public spaces are larger and better looking than most Marriotts. There was a wide variety of guests: families with children on Spring Break, wealthy investors attending an investment conference, some local retirees who came in at night to dance to a small band in the lounge. Everybody seemed to be having a wonderful time.

We ate one dinner in the hotel restaurant. It was surprisingly good.

Every aspect of service was effortless and flawless. This is a reliable, well managed, hotel.

very happy

I definately enjoyed my 3 night stay at the delray beach marriott. My husband, myself, and my 13 year old daughter were thrilled with the town and hotel. As frequent Marriott stayers, we expected friendly staff and a clean hotel, but we got more. The hotel features a large and clean pool area. My daughter met many other kids around her age. Everyone was friendly. The pool gets quite crowded through the day and the kids can sometimes become loud and rowdy. To solve this problem just head over to the all adult pool for a relaxing time.

The town of Delray was perfect. Small cafes, fun boutiques, art galleries, restaurants, tourist gift shops, and surf shops all added to the spirit of the town. There was a real mix of people and everyone was friendly. There was also a real mix of ages. Alot of people at the hotel were families with teenagers or young kids. But the town was full of different ages.

One negative during my stay at the Marriott was the renovation of the side section of the hotel. They were building a spa. Although the construction was not that bad, it was bad if you sat at the restaurant next door.

It was a short hour ride to Miami and South Beach, where we had a fun dinner with live music. It was only a 30 minute drive to Palm Beach. Also a 15 minute ride from Boca. We will definately be returning.

Decent hotel, cute town, beautiful beach

by TripAdvisor Member imasusan

The Marriott Delray benefits from a fantastic location across the street from the beach; the hotel itself is just average. The room was of average size, the bathroom was small; the view was beautiful (we paid extra for an oceanview room and were not disappointed). Furniture was very comfortable; room could have been a little cleaner (e.g., vacuuming in corners). (Also, there's a constant, strong smell of urine near the south elevators.) There's two pools -- one very crowded with amenities such as food/drink, and one not crowded but with few amenities. Also, the smaller pool is right on Highway 1A1, and there's lots of very loud revving motorcycles racing by. We didn't eat at the hotel at all because there's so many good restaurants within walking distance. All in all, we had a great, brief holiday, but that was largely due to the great weather and the cute town.

Long Weekend Getaway to Delray Beach

by TripAdvisor Member LSWJC

Just returned from a long weekend in Delray Beach, our first time to this area. We found our room on the 2nd floor to be clean and a decent size, the staff were very helpful. We kept to eating only breakfasts at the hotel, and made our way around to other restaurants for lunch and dinners. Delray Beach is a great town with nice restaurants and shops and we found the people to be very friendly. Negatives about the Marriot were we thought the online pictures were deceiving and gave the impression the hotel was right on the beach, not across from it. And, we didn't get a full ocean view room as requested. However, the short walk across the street to the beach was nothing to complain about, the weather couldn't have been better and we had the best getaway we could have hoped for.

Wonderful Time

by TripAdvisor Member nycrunner5

The location can't be beat. They have a great pool, hot tub, and it is right next to the ocean. We told them we were getting married this summer, and they upgraded us a to an awesome suite.

It is just a great time if you want some sun, pool, and beach.

If you are looking for a clean place with courteous service-STAY AWAY

Booked a two night stay in April 2006. We stayed for one night and checked out. We were greated by a polite, but young and timid front desk clerk. The room was not ready so he asked for my cel number. We went to the pool to have a light lunch and a drink. After, slow service-we waited over 1/2 hour to be greated and about as long for the food to arrive. Then even longer for the bill to be brought out. We went to check on the status of the room. It was ready, but no phone call-Why did you take my number if you were not going to call.
Our room was a suite style-seperate sitting room from the bed area. Quite small. The bathroom was filthy. A wash cloth was left hanging from the curtain rod from the previous guest. Our room overlooked a busy and noisy roadway. We did have an ocean VIEW if you leaned out far enough! Otherwise "beautiful roof tops". The bellman openly admitted he couldn't wait to go back home to Detroit! His attitude reflected. We were on the romance pkg. but it was never explained that we were to have dinner-missed that. Champagne and strawberries never came. Asked for wine instead of champagne, and the wine came w/o strawberries. I wanted to have a drink from the mini bar, but I was never given a key.
Went to breakfast the next morning and was greated by a hostess whom did not want to be at work that day. We were sat at a table that still had food/crumbs from last nights dinners. Asked to change tables and it seemed as if it was quite a request. The chef making our omletes literaly was narcaleptic! HE WAS SLEEPING STANDING UP! He asked me, "...can I get you anything else" as I walked up to place my order.
I did contact the manager, whom stated that this is "not the norm". She did comp our stay-I haven't rec'ed my statement yet to confirm.

Marriott stay for Ritz prices

by TripAdvisor Member MetMan

Recently stayed at the Marriott in DelRay Beach for my father's 90th birthday.

The hotel itself is in good shape, they have two very nice pools and the rooms are attractive. The location is fantastic, right across from beautiful beaches and walking distance to great restaurants and shops in DelRay.

However, the one thing that struck me again and again, was that we were paying just about $400 a night to stay there, and although the facilities were very nice, the service for that price should be much, much better. In fact, the service there was no different than hotels I stay at weekly on my business trips which are anywhere from $100-135 a night.

Room service continually made mistakes on orders, morning after morning. We just could not get them to leave a breakfast check-off card in the room, so every night we would have to phone in our breakfast or we'd forget and have to do it in the am. The pastries were from Costco. The salsa was Sysco. Nothing tasted fresh or particularly enjoyable.

The concierges did do a great job however in helping us to find good restaurants, babysitters and a photographer and they did their job commendably.

All in all, we didn't MIND staying there, we actually had a great time, but it just seems to me that for that kind of money there should be so much more.

Comments