Candlewood Suites Destin-Miramar Beach

Candlewood Suites Destin - Miramar Beach
IHG Booking.com Priceline.com

More about Destin

commander's palacecommander's palace

Sunset and shoreSunset and shore

Blackened Mahi Mahi & fried shrimpBlackened Mahi Mahi & fried shrimp

Seaweed in May?

by Vacationjunkie

Hey everyone! My husband and I would love to come down in May...I have heard that there is a week when the seaweed really comes in during May? is this right and do you know when it begins? our dates are fairly flexible and we just wnat to enjoy the clear water:) Any help would be very appreciated. Thank YOU!!!

by seamandrew

Where exactly is it that you are going?

by seamandrew

Hi again, just realized the location is listed to the left of the question. I don't know the answer to your question, but what I would do is call a local dive shop or charter company and ask them. I found one in the Destin, FL area online and funny enough, they're called Captain Seaweed.

by Vacationjunkie

Thank you for taking the time to check that out for me! Much appreciated and great advice:)

by jeannekilmer

Bumping this up.

We will be at Destin the first week of May.

Surely somebody here can tell us how the seaweed might be?

by marskinner

We were in Destin last year in the third week of May and there was seaweed. The year before, we were there the same week and there wasn't any at all. We are going on May 19 this year. I hope there isn't any. I'm curious to know how the water was while you were there....??

Travel Tips for Destin

Snorkel Destin

by cobrioc

Snorkel Adventure, watch for dolphins, see tropical fish, find shells, and enjoy the sights on this relaxing and entertaining cruse.
The gulf's best and friendliest snorkeling value. An inredible underwater excursion awaits.
Hwy.98, east of the Destin Bridge at Harbor Walk Marina. 654-4655

Emerald Coast: Destin and Fort Walton Beach

by cobrioc

The Emerald Coast ubfurls in a 24-mile ribbon of shimmering, white-sand beaches, reaching from Fort Walton Beach in the west to the fishing village of Destin.
Destin regularly plays host to fishing tournaments and an annual Seafood Festival in October.

Harry T's Yacht Club & Marina

by myrtle about Harry T's Yacht Club & Marina

From what I understand, this restaurant was hit by a hurricane last season and is currently closed. They plan to re-open in a new location not far from where they were, but this isn't expected to happen until 2007! We were quite disappointed to think we wouldn't get to go back there for another couple of years. I heard that they are still selling their t-shirts in local shops, so if you're interested in getting one of the famous Harry T's t-shirts, it's still possible.

This restaurant is rather nice, so I like to dress a little nicer when I eat here, but there are still some people who wear jeans & t-shirts. They're not going to kick you out or anything if you don't dress up. It's just got a fancier atmosphere than some places. It is a yacht club & marina, but anyone can eat here. While you wait for your table you can go out on the deck in the back & check out all the boats, feed the ducks, or have a drink. A lot of people buy the t-shirts from Harry T's. It's a great souvenir! I love the shrimp, but just about all the seafood here is great.

Beautiful Beaches of Destin

by myrtle

You can't go to Destin without going to the beach. In fact, the beach is probably your reason for visiting Destin. The sand is white & very fine. Destin is my favorite place in the world to go to the beach because it is so beautiful. For more pictures of the beaches in Destin, check out my travelogue.

Crab Island

by Aliseeya

Crab Island used to be an island...now it is underwater, making a shallow area in the bay near the Destin bridge. During the summer, it is THE place to anchor your boat (or jet ski) and drink beer, listen to music, swim, and hang out. There is even a floating cafe: a flat-bottomed boat that serves snack food and drinks (non alcoholic). The water is crystal clear and about 4-10' deep. It's super fun, and is INSANE on the 4th of July.

Comments