Embassy Suites Destin Miramar Beach

From inside!From inside!

Destin-FL 26-Sep 2-Oct

by Peikers

Hi-
We are scheduled for a week vacation in Destin from Sep 26 to Oct 2 close to the Miramar beach; We cannot get any info about traveling from Dayton Ohio to Destin Florida online;

Are beaches & hotels across the Ocean on the Scenic Road- ok?

We are travelling with a 3 years old we would love to know if this is a travel to push later or to do on that week?

If someone from this area in Destin-Florida can tell us we would appreciate.

Thanks
The Peikers.

Re: Destin-FL 26-Sep 2-Oct

by wing3

In a word, no.

This area has taken a horendous hit from Hurricane Ivan. However, there will be opportunities for volunteers to assist with rebuilding it for months to come.

Re: Re: Destin-FL 26-Sep 2-Oct

by wing3

The good news is that Air Tran is running a $99 special from Minneapolis to Pensacola this week.

Travel Tips for Destin

Wave runners

by myrtle

I've never actually tried it, but you can rent these wave runners while you're out on the beach. This year there was a place right next to our hotel where you could rent the wave runners & take them out for what I believe they said was $50 for a half hour & $80 for a full hour. According to their sign they also do dolphin excursions. One of the guys that worked for the place renting them kept going out & riding them himself. I suppose he was trying to round up some business. They supply the life jackets & wave runners.

Destin Chops

by Wormybiz about Destin Chops

The atmoshere is romantic, the lights are down low, soft music in the back groud, along with a view of the bay. The rib bye steak, baked potoato with little butter, along with salad is my favorite main course for dinner, but to start out with I enjoy the onion sticks.

Bland Mexican Food

by Aliseeya about La Paz

La Paz is in a very convienent location for those staying on Holiday Isle -- its located right on Gulf Shore Dr. However, I urge you, if you want great mexican food, make the short drive to Pepitos.

Everything about La Paz is lacking. While Pepitos is owned and run by Mexicans and has an authentic Mexican atmosphere, La Paz does not. In fact, one of the things I disliked most about this restaurant was the atmosphere. The interior is very bare, and consists of plain rooms filled with ordinary tables. It lacked warmth; I felt its atmosphere was very cold and barren.

The food is very mediocre at La Paz. The chips and salsa were bland. I had ordered a chicken quesadilla, and it was nothing special. It was just unseasoned chicken and cheese melted in a tortilla -- I can make that at home! I went with three other people, and we were all disappointed with our food. The service was very inconsistent and poor. Our drinks remained unfilled for a great portion of the meal.

I would not reccommend this restaurant to anyone! Go to Pepitos -- it has great food and is a ton of fun.

Houses on Old Highway 98

by myrtle

I loved looking at the houses on Old Highway 98. Here is one of my favorites. I don't know if people live here year around or if it is possible to rent out these places during your stay. If you can rent them I sure would love to stay here one year. They are all across the street from the beach. Check out my travelogue for more pictures on the houses in this area.

Wormybiz's new Destin Page

by Wormybiz

Destin has many different activities for all age groups. Here you can go from swiming, fishing, boating, jet sking, parasailing, to riding go carts, to bungie jumping well I think you get the idea. The Destin Harbor is a cool place to visit, this is where all the fishermen bring in there catch of the day.

Comments