Emerald Grande Harbor Walk Village

Emerald Grande at HarborWalk Village
BookIt.com AMOMA.com

• doug48's Profile Photo

luxury

the emerald grand resort hotel is a first class property located at destin harbor. next to the emerald grand is the harbor walk entertainment area and the charter boat docks. this first class hotel offers all of the amenities that you would expect from a better resort hotel. expensive. as with most hotels on the emerald coast of florida prices are much higher in the spring and summer.

Directions: on US 98 destin harbor

More about Emerald Grande Harbor Walk Village

Emerald Grande is Wonderful!

by TripAdvisor Member destin4ever

I just got back from my stay at the Emerald Grande. My vacation was phenomenal! The room was beyond outstanding and the staff was extremely helpful throughout my entire stay. The views were all that I expect from beautiful Destin, Florida. I spent every day enjoying the beach and pool and spent each evening watching the sun set on the bay. I couldn't have asked for a better place to spend my vacation and plan on returning in August and again for Christmas.

WOW'ed by the Emerald Grande in Destin!

by TripAdvisor Member AlabamaGran

We just returned from spending an outstanding weekend
at The Emerald Grande at Harborwalk Village in Destin, Florida.
This resort is absolutely magnificent in all aspects - the rooms,
the pools, the beach, the restaurants and spa. We had a
difficult time making ourselves go home when the weekend
was over...home was never this beautiful.
Three of us, Seniors, celebrating our 75th birthday year,
stayed in a 3-bedroom, 3-bath suite that could not have been
any more conducive to our celebrating in style. Each of us
could get up and make coffee and whatever in the well-
equipped kitchen, on our own good time, and settle in
for the morning news in front of the wide-screen tv in the
gorgeous living room and dining room, without waking up
each other. Each of our bedrooms also had a slightly
smaller version of the flat-screen tv which we could leave
on at night, with doors closed and not keep our friends awake.
The pools, both inside and outside are heated year-round,
and that's wonderful when we have high winds come up any
time. We didn't have to make our beds or tidy up the kitchen
and baths, since we had daily maid service for this, at no
extra cost.
I highly recommend this resort, and all 3 of us hope to go
back and celebrate annually, now that we've discovered it!
Patsy Parker, Birmingham, Alabama.

Great view, terrible food

by holland654 about Pat O'Brien's at Harborwalk Village

Pat O'Brien's is located on the Destin Harbor at the Emerald Grande. The view is great from the outside patio deck and their famous Hurricane drinks are excellent. However, watch out for their other "tropical drink specialties" as they tend to be overly sweet and fruity. And don't ever bother with the food, it tends to be bland and tasteless. Even their "cajun" dishes taste like mush from an elementary school cafeteria. We were there recently and two people in our group ordered the shrimp etouffee. Both dishes were basically a bowl of rice and some type of thick brown flavorless gravy with only two crawfish tails each! The other dinners were equally disappointing. And to top it off, we asked to speak with the manager and our waitress said he told her to tell us that he didn't talk to customers.

Recommendation-enjoy the view while having a drink on the patio, then eat at Harry T's or Commander's Palace just a few steps away. The best menu item is their famous Hurricane drink

Grande View at Emerald

by TripAdvisor Member georgiapeachgirl

We arrived at Emerald Grande easy check-in. Gorgeous view right on the harbor and bay. Confusing parking and no carts to take your luggage to room. They want you to use valet parking and bellmen. Elevator System and Parking very confusing. They don't explain you have to figure out on your on. Two towers have separate elevators and center area another elevator. Rooms are gorgeous with elegant furnishings and everything you need. We had a spacious 3-bedroom 3 bath. Very Clean and beautiful with huge flat screen HD tvs. First night was Friday night and there was so much noise from cars on highway and Lucky Snapper I called the front desk at 3 am and said I had had no sleep. Requested to move to pool view room no on street. Next morning went to front desk to request room change and they said NO and wouldn't even listen. Saturday night still noisy, then rest of the week quiet. They advertise they have wireless as an ammenity but i found out you have to pay to have in the room $10 a day(too expensive). Lobby and restaurant wireless available. The location has a magnificent view especially at pool level grande vista and from the room balcony. The harbor walk is nice with several restaurants, shops and the fishing boats. From balcony, I could see fishing boats come in with catch and we would go down and see fish they caught. The beach access is by a shuttle-boat. The beach they shuttle you to is very very limited with nice chairs but the public beaches 2 miles away are much better. Fitness Center great with nice view will exercising. Nice restaurant Dewey Destins across the street on Calhoun Ave Short drive right on the bay. Looks like a dump but fabulous food and is favorite local seafood restaurant. Pros -- Magnificent View, Pool, Rooms, and Fitness Center
Cons -- Elevator system, Parking garage, Front desk, No beach access,
If we go back to Destin, I would like to stay at a resort on the beach or try another resort. This resort is for the younger partying crowd who like to party into the night. They are opening Pat O'briens on Harbor Walk. Good resort for college age.

A Trip to Paradise!

by TripAdvisor Member BahamasJoe

My family of 6 stayed at the Emerald Grande May 10-13. This was truly a trip to paradise for us. We stayed in the 2bedroom 2bath which consisted of master with bath, queen with bath, room with 2 bunk beds for the kids, living room, dining area, upgraded kitchen with marble and stainless steel appliances and access to the balconies from the 2 bedrooms and the living room. The hotel indoor and outdoor pool and jacuzzi were excellent! The restaurant and hotel ammenities 10+. The staff outstanding, responded to our every desire. We took a short boat tour offered by the resort out into the Gulf of Mexico, breath taking! The hotel is still working on many new restaurants, pool areas and additional rooms and throughout the construction, we were never disturbed. The windows and doors have extra soundproof which blocks the noise.

Most impressive. My brother in law never travels and we begged him and his son take this trip with us, because his wife and daughter wanted to go. He fought us the entire way. When he arrived, he could not believe how beautiful the resort was. He just sat on our balcony and watched the sun set and rise over the ocean. Our room was on the 3rd floor of the east tower which gave us a perfect view of the pool area and ocean. He loved it so much we booked our next trip for Dec 30-Jan 3. He can't wait to go back. This time we will be on the 8th floor so we can enjoy the New Years firework display they will have. So I really thank Emerald Grande for living up to our expectations and for bringing our family together for another family trip. Scale of 1-10, 10+ once everything is finished I am sure scale will be 15+. I have referred many of my friends and will encourage everyone to vacation in Destin at the Emerald Grande, a touch of paradise.

Great accomodations!

by TripAdvisor Member Vacation_Dude_20

I just visited the Destin, FL area and stayed at the Emerald Grande with 6 other guys. We used the Emerald Grande as our home base when we weren't out fishing on the Anastasia. We booked a 4-bdr/4-Bath unit on the 8th floor. The unit was great, lots of room, great views and no complaints (this trip). I can however see that if I were there with my family the lack of direct beach access would be a complaint. I can't believe these 4bdr units are selling for $1.6m and they aren't directly on a beach, you have to shuttle to it.

Customer service at the hotel was great! We needed to potentially use a freezer for the fish we caught and they were going to allow us to put our catch in their freezer. We needed a scale to weigh the coolers full of fish, they offered us the use of their scales, very attentive staff, so I hope that continues.

It would have been nice to know that the construction wasn't quite finished there yet. The construction sounds started around 6:30am and were loud, even up on the 8th floor. There are 3 pools (2 outside and 1 inside), all very small for the size of the resort, if the resort were full, it would be very hard to enjoy yourself in the pool. I can also see parking being a problem when full, the parking garage is very small as well, probably will only end up being able to have 1 vehicle per unit, but that is just my prediction for the future.

Overall, if you are going down with a group to fish, this is a great place, and we will probably stay again, but for a family vacation, you may want to look for a place on the beach.

Beyond our Expectations!

by TripAdvisor Member chercaruso

The Emerald Grande was beyond our expectations. We read all the reviews prior to our departure and so we felt pretty confident that we would be happy with our stay - we were beyond happy. The resort is phenomenal. We stayed in a one bedroom which was perfect for us. The room was super nice and had all the luxuries of home. The beds were super comfortable. We didn't want to go home!

The location is perfect. There is access to eateries, entertainment, fishing, beach, water sports, shopping, all within steps from the hotel. We only had to get in our car once or twice for a trip to the grocery. We were travelling with three children - ages 10, 12, and 12. We went during the Fourth of July and the city put on a gorgeous fireworks display right behind the hotel that lasted at least thirty to forty minutes. Not having direct beach access really wasn't a problem for us because the water taxi leaves every fifteen minutes and we prefer the pool anyway. There is a lot of constant activity at this hotel which we really loved, but there are plenty of quiet spots too -- really something for everyone. The resort has a lot of perks for guests - like deep sea fishing and golf thrown in for free. Someone coming in off the fishing boat caught a shark! See pics! All in all, great place and we can wait to go back for an adults only trip in September.

A Relaxing Fun Place Away from Home

by TripAdvisor Member TheWorldsTraveler

I was looking for a place I could spend some time with my teen age daughters and this place was beautiful. The condo resort is located on the gulf and the pool area was beautiful. This resort has indoor and outdoor swimming areas, along with an area for children. There is also a spa, catering, wedding area and a penthouse on top. You can do everything from here

When you walk in it will take your Breath away. From the 3 floor you can see the Ship/boat train in the morning leaving the docking area going out to catch fresh fish. The Resort offers Golf at a Local Country Club, along with Deep Sea Fishing. There is a Director who is over the childrens program.

Shuttle service is available for Beach and shopping.

My daughters enjoyed the pool and golf.

I am recommending this place to all of my friends and I will be back again.

dont go here

by TripAdvisor Member girt_b_frobe

My family(2 daughters,wife and mother)stayed here during July 2008 and were not impressed at all,especially for the price. The only thing we liked was the rooms.They were very nice. Our dislikes include the following. The pool is only 3 1/2 feet deep. There is no direct beach access. You have to take a boat provided by the hotel which is inconvenient when you have young kids that want to go to the beach. We waited 30 min after checking in for the bell hops to get our bags. The hotel is sectioned off with parking below and none of the elevators are marked to tell you what section you are going to. The indoor pool is not heated and looks nothing like the pictures show. I wouldnt return to this hotel and we regularly visit Destin. If you go to Destin to enjoy the beach,then dont go here. If you go just to stay in a nice room then i would recomend it. There bar does make a hell of a margarita though:)

Comments