3291 Scenic Hwy. 98, Destin, Florida, 32541, United States

BookIt.com Booking.com

• We Loved 102GCE

This 2 bedroom 2 bath ground floor condo was terrific. We rented through an owner- beachloverscondo and the amenities in the condo were terrific. Very beachy and clean. There was a washer/dryer in the unit too. We will definately be back to 102 GCE

Unique Quality: 102 GCE was just steps to the pool and hot tub. Great BBQ just outside our patio. We would recommend this unit to all! Check out the site beachloverscondo for virtual tours- that is what sold us!

• myrtle's Profile Photo

Grand Caribbean East Condos

Abbott Realty owns most of the condos on Old Highway 98. All the condos at Grand Caribbean East can accomodate up to 6 guests. There is a master bedroom, 2 built-in bunk beds in the hallway, and a pull out couch. These condos also come complete with living room, kitchen, and cooking utensils. We've always enjoyed staying with Abbott.

Unique Quality: Along with the wonderful condo, the guests enjoy a pool, outdoor shower to clean off the sand from the beach, and outdoor grills if you'd like to eat in.

More about Grand Caribbean East

Destin, Florida

by NCBamabelle

"One of my favorite destinations..."

Destin is an amazing beach... beautiful emerald waters and sugar white sand. Very similar to Panama City, FL, but without the pandemonium. Destin is extremely family-friendly, quiet, clean, and safe. I love to spend a few days here every so often to sit on the beach just to do absolutely nothing but relax.

Note: In the picture above, those are not barnacles on that post. Someone has posted flip-flops all over it. Those are shrimp boat shoes on top.

"Places to stay..."

ResortQuest and Dale Peterson Vacations have a lot of rental choices. I have used both and have been pleased. I usually stay at Grand Caribbean across the street from the beach, which is obviously less expensive than beach-front properties. Very nice. However, this last trip, I stayed at Crystal Sands, which is beach-front. The condo is very similar to Grand Caribbean but the view, complimentary beach chair/umbrella service (so nice when flying in and unable to bring chairs/umbrellas on plane), and convenience of being able to just run up to the room was well worth the extra money.

I would also recommend getting a condo on Scenic 98. Its not as crowded on the beach when compared to the beaches near the high-rises closer to Ft. Walton Beach. Plus, you can usually walk on the beach to a restaurant or bar. From Crystal Sands or Grand Caribbean you can walk to The Crab Trap. They have an outside bar that's nice to wait until your table is ready. The margaritas are good, but they are always better at the beach. :)

"Transportation"

My rule is that I fly if the trip is going to be more than an 8 hour drive. So, I usually end up flying to Destin. For those not familiar with the area, you can fly into Destin/Ft. Walton Beach (VPS), Pensacola, or Tallahassee. I like to fly into VPS since its only a few miles from the beach, but flying into Pensacola is nice too because you can drive along the beach all the way to Destin.

A word to the wise about the Destin airport... if you need to fill up your rental car, don't wait until you get to the airport. The last time I was there, there wasn't a gas station near by and we ended up having to pay the enormous fuel surcharge at the rental counter.

Can anyone recommend a good condo in Destin?

by Itsgana

We are planning a family vacation in August and would like to return to the Destin, Ft. Walton area. Our children are a boy age 11 and a girl age 16. Can anyone recommend a nice condo with a really good area of beach. We like to stay oceanfront and spend alot of of time on the beach. Need something midpriced not too very expensive but nice. Also any ideas of entertainment in the area the kids would enjoy? Thanks for all your help.

Re: Can anyone recommend a good condo in Destin?

by myrtle

We always stay in condos when we go to Destin, and we've stayed in several different ones. Most recently we've stayed in the Beach Street Cottages & Grand Caribbean East. They're not exactly oceanfront. They're only separated from the beach by Old Highway 98, but I'm sure they've got other condos that are on the beach. The company we go through is Abbott Resorts. You can check out their website at www.abbott-resorts.com/ We've been very happy with the condos we stay at with them. Most of them are located on Old Highway 98. Some fun things for kids to do might be to go to Big Kahuna's water park or The Trax. I think they both have miniature golf & go carts.

RE: Can anyone recommend a good condo in Destin?

by paw423

I think you should consider Fort Walton Beach. it is only 5 miles from Destin, but much quieter. At the west end is miles of undeveloped beach to roam. Fewer people & less traffic. We LOVE the El Matador resort at the far west end of Santa Rosa Blvd! Not too tough on the budget & a real safe area.
Check out: www.vrbo.com