4000 Sandestin Blvd S, Destin, Florida, 32550-4214, United States

Booking.com Expedia.com Tingo.com

Costs 29% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Hilton gauges Gustav evacuees

We stayed at Hilton Sandestin Beach Resort during the Gustav evacuation of New Orleans. When Gustav forced us to alter our original evacuation reservations - we had to arrive a day earlier and remain a day longer - we were told that we had to pay full price for our rooms. No empathy was shown - just an interest in taking advantage of the misfortunes of others. We came here with six other families. Not one of us will ever stay in a Hilton Resort again because of our experience with the management at Sandestin.

More about Hilton Sandestin Beach, Golf Resort & Spa

Memorial Day Weekend at the Hilton Sandestin

My family and I just came back from our stay at the Sandestin Hilton over the Memorial Day holiday. We had a mixed experience. We did not get the room that I reserved, even though I called and confirmed two days prior to our arrival. The room that we ended up with was adequate. The decor was bland, but the bathroom was clean and stocked with plenty of towels. The outdoor pools were decent. But the indoor pool and whirlpool were dirty and needed some updating. The hotel was crowded, but not overwhelmingly so. The best part of our stay was the beautiful beach right in front of the hotel. I have been to beaches in Hawaii, California, and S. Carolina, and I must say that the beach in Sandestin is absolutely gorgeous. Our family will definitely return to Sandestin for the beach, but we will most likely rent a condo for our next visit.

One of my favorite restaurant...

by angel_000

One of my favorite restaurant in the area is:
Fisherman’s Wharf:
Dinner menu prices range from $6.49-$8.99 for sandwiches and 10.99-$27.99 for fried and grilled seafood, as well as chicken, steak and lobster.
Try buffalo shrimp !

Guglielmo’s;
specializes in authentic Northern Italian cuisine.This one is for special occasions!

Harbor Docks;
The lunch menu features Thai dishes, plate lunches, sandwiches, fried plates and grilled plates of seafood, chicken, homestyle items and beef.
Prices range from $4.95-$9.95

P.F. Chang's China Bistro
Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Cantina Laredo Gourmet Mexican Food
Johnny Rockets

Dont forget to get a good Ice cream from:
Kilwin's Chocolates, Fudge & Ice Cream ( my favorite is the coconut)

Also across from Sandestin Resort you can find The Village of Baytowne Wharf.
For shopping, dining and entertainment, The Village of Baytowne Wharf offers fabulous restaurants, five nightspots and more than fifty shops and galleries, in a quaint New Orleans, Charleston and Old Florida atmosphere at the bayside.

At Sandestin, there’s something for everyone.

Sandestin Beach

by starrlot

This is such a beautiful beach. White sands, blue waters. However, there are absolutely NO SHELLS! Nonetheless, this is the best beach in the area. It is handicap friendly, there are wheelchairs made for the beach that can be rented that are perfect.

One word of advice, however, is that there are sharks that frequent this area.

The Donut Hole

by Aliseeya about The Donut Hole

The Donut Hole is a locally owned breakfast restaurant in Destin. There were originally two locations: one right in the heart of Destin, and the other was out towards Sandestin. Currently, the one in Destin is being renovated, so the Donut Hole I visited was the one near Sandestin.

The restaurant had a very pleasant and cheerful atmosphere, making it a relaxing place to enjoy breakfast. My husband and I enjoyed the food quite a bit. Their fresh donuts are especially good! The service was also quite good; our server was very friendly and efficient.

Overall, I would reccomend this restaurant. It is a bit of a drive from Destin (10-20min, depending on traffic), but it's worth it. They make their donuts freshy daily, and they are very yummy!

Will Not Stay at This Hilton Again

We are Hilton Honors Members and always choose to say at a Hilton family resort/hotel when traveling. So it was only natural that we would select to stay at the Hilton Sandestin when traveling to Destin for the first time. We did read every review on this site after making our reservations and were concerned by the negative reviews, but we knew this was a Hilton, and we hoped the negative experiences were isolated in nature. That is why we felt so strongly about sharing our experience so others have every opportunity to make the best choice in the future.

Positive Remarks: The grounds were beautiful, the beach crystal blue perfect for snorkeling, a wonderful Pizza Hut Express room service with quick delivery time and excellent food, very spacious junior suites, and valet parking service.

Concerns: This is definitely a conference hotel, and we did not feel comfortable traveling as a family with young children at this hotel. For example, we were greeted in the hotel lobby by huge posters welcoming 2 large groups for their summer conferences. As you stepped off the boardwalk onto the beach, you had to walk around large roped off areas of umbrellas, chairs, and refreshments for the conference attendees. While walking on the beach early one morning (6:30 a.m.) with my preschooler, we had to dodge the cigarette butts and broken plastic glasses left over from the previous night's events on the beach.

Upon our arrival, our hotel room's sink was covered in dark whiskers. We requested housekeeping to please come and clean the bathroom again. There was also a horrible odor in the carpet. The first morning of our stay after much traveling, we were awakened to the housekeeper trying to clean our room at 8:00 a.m. so please do put "do not disturb" on the door if you are on a true vacation and do not want to be bothered so early.

The resort hosted three pools, one being indoors, but none were heated, so the idea of swimming in the evening was halted due to the uncomfortable cold water temperature indoors and outside. While there were several restaurants available with live bands in the evenings, the lobby was definitely more appropriate for couples out on the town...not so appropriate for a family with young children.

We will be heading back to our favorite Hilton Garden Inn in Orange Beach on our next trip. They have a short boardwalk with few steps, a heated pool, a family atmosphere where the front desk says "hello" and means it, and spacious beach area never crowded. We gave Destin a try and were very disappointed.

Our Easter vacation with Spring Break Mall Rats

We just got back from a 5 night stay at the Hilton Sandestin. We were there Apr 7-12. Had I known this place is a Spring Break haven, I never would have booked the dates I did. It was like being on vacation with loud, obnoxious mall rats. They were everywhere!!! No escaping them.
They did seem to have cleared out by Apr.11. As I stated, I wish I knew when these charming, spoiled brat little darlings usually leave, so I could have booked the better dates. And what a shame, because it really is a nice hotel. Not going to knock your socks off, but really nice. We were more than pleased with our room. Nicely furnished, everything in good, updated condition. Nice view of the beautiful Gulf. Dining choices were better at the Sandestin Baytowne Village. Frankly, that was the reason each night was ended on a good note. My husband and son enjoyed the golf, and the prices were good too. So, if you planning an Easter vacation here, DO NOT ARRIVE BEFORE Easter!!!

Dot this ones for you!

Dot this one is for you! After deciding on the Hilton in Destin for our sons Spring Break 04 I began to think we had made a mistake. I read the reviews and became increasingly worried. Urine and wet rugs that weren't taken care of? Well let me tell you from the moment we stepped through the lobby doors we were welcomed and well taken care of. We told Dot at the front desk of our concerns and let me tell you how quickly our worries were taken care of. (With humor also). We arrived hours before check-in time and were treated like royalty. Pool and any services available to us until our room was ready. We were taken to our room which was on the 7th floor and overlooked the pool and ocean. A beautiful view, couldn't have expected any nicer. The bunk beds were in a separate little room of their own a good ways away from the main room. Lovely considering we had two teenage boys with us. The staff was ever helpful with anything we asked and room was extremely clean. As my husband and I were left to our own while my son and his friends had the car we found ourselves in the hotel for most of our meals. Although we would have loved if the snack bar was opened for a little longer we found ourselves welcome in the full service restaurants even in our sweats!!!!!! So whether you wanted to dress in your best or be ready for bed after a hard day at the beach you felt welcome. So.... after thinking I may stay home and let my husband take the boys on SB I am so glad I went and am sure hoping that my son wants to go again next year!
Here I come Dot please have my room ready! Thanks so much. PS I also took a peek at the other rooms as the maids were cleaning them and found them to be as clean as ours!

Great Place

Stayed in Hilton Nov. 2003. After a 5 hour drive,we arrived in the hotel @ 4:30pm, check in time is 4pm room was not ready. We were told to come back in 30-45 min. We ate dinner and came back around 6:00. Room still not ready. Waited another 30 min. til we finally checked in. The front desk gave us breakfast coupon for 2 for 2 days (cost about $40) and an apology. The room was clean and very spacious. The kid's bunk bed was neat. Our son loved it. Over all the room is nice, clean and comfortable and the staff are friendly. And we enjoyed our stay.

Good, but not great

We decided on a last minute Mother's Day Weekend getaway. At the time, the rates were reasonable for a limited view king bed executive suite. I requested a late check-in, and when we arrived, we were assigned a limited view king bed junior suite (with the bunk beds). Since we have an 8mo old baby, I needed the extra space, not the bunk beds. So they tried to play around with different rooms which I wasn't too thrilled about, but eventually a manager upgraded us to a beachfront king with sofabed. I was pleased by this adjustment, especially since I had read so many negative reviews on this and other sites.

Room: Clean, large, plenty of towels, decor is a little bold, reasonable rates for mini-bar

Service: Great, except at check-in on a late Friday night. Note: Hilton's website claims to have 24hr room service, but the menu is very limited after 11pm. Supervisor also granted late check-out due to interference with my daughter's afternoon nap.

Food: Room service was fast & friendly. Sandcastles dinner buffet was good, approx,$27 per person includes prime rib, crab legs, several seafood and chicken courses, salads, desserts, and a kid friendly section.

Beach: Very clean, beautiful waters. Rented 2 beach chairs & umbrella for 2 days at $26/day. The beach wait staff was decent, didn't start until 11am, and did not work on Sunday. The food at the poolside restaurant (can't remember the name) was good.

Amenities: The only thing we could complain about is that our room did not have hi-speed internet access. My husband had to go down to the business center and pay $3/15 minutes to log on, which is a ripoff since most hotels charge a flat fee for 24 hours and you get the privacy of doing business in your own room.

Overall, we believe that this Hilton was good, but not great. Great is like the Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua, the Westin Causarina, Grand Cayman, the Palmer House Hilton, etc. However, the prices that we paid were reasonable, so that makes up for that. We do plan to return this summer.

Bachelorette Party Weekend

by VAFields

We are trying to plan a bachelorette party weekend in Destin (June 3-5) for about 12 girls. We wanted to get a house, but because of work/school we can not stay the minimum 4 nights required for a house or 3 nights for a condo...so a hotel is our only option. An suggestions? Also, any suggestions on where to have a girls night out (not a strip club or anything)??

RE: Bachelorette Party Weekend

by GraydonWilson

Alana, you're making your inquiries rather late in the game. Back when my children were young, we rented a house on the beach every summer for a week. We generally found that you had to make your reservation by mid-February, else everything was booked. I just did a hotel search on Expedia and found that all of the nicer hotels that are right there on the Beach (e.g., Hilton Sandestin) are fully booked, which confirms what I had thought. Presumably, you've done the same, ergo your inquiry on VT.

Your best bet, in my view, is to get in touch with a realtor in the area who handles vacation rentals. Nost of them have 800 numbers that you can call toll-free. Try these:

How long you stay shouldn't be a concern. You may have to pay for four days' rent, or even a week, but you're free to leave when you choose. Be sure to discuss that with the leasing agent, though.

You can also figure your budget pretty easily. If a hotel costs $200 a night and you plan on three nights, that $600 a room, plus taxes and such. If you have two people per room, then you'd need six rooms for the twelve of you. That means you'd be spending an aggregate of nearly $4,000. So, if you can find an apartment or a house on the beach for $2,500 or $3,000, then you've saved money.

By the way, you'll also want to be aware of some of the terminology. "On the beach" means what it says, but "Gulf View" means that the beach is across the road and "Bay View" means that it's closer to the bay side than the Gulf side.

Night life is pretty much in Fort Walton, which is about five miles west of Destin. Navarre Beach is closer to Pensacola and considerably quieter.

Good luck.