Holiday Inn Destin Beach

1020 Hwy 98 E, Destin, Florida, 32541, United States

• JSki's Profile Photo

Location, Location, Location

When visiting Destin this is by far the best location to stay. It has everything! Great beach with chair and umbrellas already there... just grab a towel, sunscreen and your favorite book! They'll even bring you refreshments right to your chair, hungry? they have that covered too! Right on the beach or take your lunch at their beachside cafe. Two pools indoors and out when you want a break from the sand or a night time swim. Rooms are excellent and many face the water due to the circular tower shape of the resort.

Unique Quality: Fantastic views from your balcony, splurge for the gulf view, please. Great activities for kids, this is rare and can be a blessing during a rare rain shower or in the evening if you need a break of your own. Resort is located near all the best shopping and restaurants and any other attraction you may be interested in!

More about Holiday Inn Destin Beach

destin beach

by doug48

destin has a beautiful white sand gulf beach. there are several public beach accesses as well as several gulf beach state parks nearby. the destin-fort walton area is famous for it's "sugar" sand beaches.

Getting There

by keeweechic

By Air : Okaloosa County Airport is the main airport for Fort Walton and Destin beach areas. The airport is situated on Eglin Air Force Base in Valparaiso Florida.

By Road: U.S. 98 travels along the Emerald Coast, edging the Gulf through Destin and Fort Walton Beach. From 331 south, take Highway 85 south at the Alabama/Florida line, straight into Destin * Fort Walton Beach. From I-10, exit on to Highway 85 south at the Fort Walton Beach exit and head straight into Destin * Fort Walton Beach

Distances:
New Orleans, LA 248
Orlando, FL 422
St. Louis, MO 801

Not up to snuff

My family of four stayed here just last week for 5 days and 4 nights. The room was comfortable. However, the ceiling plaster kept falling throughout our stay and we had to dust things off from time to time. The indoor pool is tiny and was kept at an almost unbearably high temperature. It felt more like a hot tub than a pool.
The other strange experience was in just getting down the hallway to our room. It seemed that no matter the time of day there were huge piles of dirty sheets and towels throughout the hallway. Every single day. We had to go around them which wasnt easy when there were also cleaning carts there as well. At least twice we had to move a cleaning cart ourselves to get to our room. Not a huge deal but not what you would expect at any nice hotel. Certainly it was a first for us.
Otherwise, the room was clean and the front desk staff was friendly. Even so, on our next trip to Destin we will stay elsewhere.

CAN'T WAIT- GOING BACK

Can't wait- going back June 2005. Counting down the days.
Wonderful place to stay, friendly staff, great if you have teenagers, game room, outdoor pool, indoor pool, sauna. Beautiful beaches. You don't have to have the beach view to enjoy this hotel. Just beautiful.

Highly recommended

Stayed in the "older 4 story part of hotel" with gulf view. I have 3 kids
and they and I just loved it. Every night there is kids programs going on
in the Holidome part of hotel, movies, free pizza, moon walk,face painting
ect. Just a great place, I would recommend to anyone with family and its
worth the extra 2o bucks or so to get the gulf view room in the so called
older part of the hotel.

I love it!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member Jaymie6

We went 6/16-6/19 and it was great. This is my 6th time at this hotel and it gets better each time. The location cannot be beat and it is close to everything. We stayed on the 8th (out of 9) floors and always get a "partial gulf view" which looks right over the huge pool onto the beach. Don't spend extra to get full gulf view b/c the partial is awesome. They have a lot of activities to keep kids busy and never seem to get in the way of the adults. It is actually fun to watch the kids and how excited they can get. The pool in a circle and they have tons of chairs around it, but get out there early to get a good spot. Some of the areas lose sun in the afternoon and you will have to move, but no problem. The outdoor grill/bar is great and the service is great. The man remembered me by name everytime and makes great drinks. They also let you charge. The beach is superclean and they have chairs for you.

I love this hotel and would not waste money on a condo in Destin. Our room has always been so much larger than a normal hotel room (think pie-shaped if you stay in the tower) and they have a large refrigertator in each room.

I got engaged on my last trip here and I hope we will always be able to go back with the same service as past experiences.

Again, the location is awesome. If you have not been to Destin, the area is very spread out. However, HI destin is less than 5 minutes (including traffic) to the mall and Bass Pro Shop.

Also, eat at Harry T's if they are open. It is great

I love it here and please e-mail me with any questions!

Jaime
jaimembutler@hotmail.com

Best Holiday Inn Ever

by TripAdvisor Member autoholic

We recently stayed in this hotel as part of a Road Trip round the Southern United States and managed to get a room as a walk in. We were offered 3 levels of accomodation, regular, partial sea view and sea view. I opted for the partial view but what we got was fantastic. Balcony facing the beach on the front of the hotel. We had a great time on the WHITE SAND beach and spent the evening watching a huge thunderstorm out in the Gulf. If I'd have known about this hotel I'd have stayed here instead of going to the Dominican Republic last year. The only downsides were the bar sells beer in cans only, and there was no buffet for breakfast. We had to order off the menu and wait for the cook, who was in no hurry to get it to us. However we did not let this spoil a wonderful night in a fabulous location. The ONLY place to stay in Destin.

Perfect!

We stayed here on our honeymoon from Sept. 18-23 2005 and it was wonderful. The hotel was more then perfect. The room was spotless, the veiw was great and the staff was excellent also. I could not have asked for a better hotel or honeymoon! I can't wait to go back for our 1st year anniversary!

Bright, Clean, and Easy to get around

by TripAdvisor Member Vacation82

This was my first visit to Florida. I don't have any other places in FL to compare it to but I am very pleased with what the panhandle area had to offer. I will attest to Destin being known as having beautiful white sand and clear water. We stayed at a hotel on the beach (Holiday Inn)to be able to look out over the ocean and have easy access. Most of the guests, it seemed, were on spring break and on the young side, i.e. under 30. Everyone was on their best behavior which may have been due to all the security personnel in full view keeping their eyes open for any signs of trouble. The hotel staff were all helpful and friendly. We were always greeted warmly wherever we went. At the end of March, there were many areas of flowers in bloom or beginning to bloom. It was such a welcomed sight to see all the color after being in the cold gray north all winter. We found a really neat shopping area where Beef O'Brady's is located. The food there was great. A TV screen was at every table for either sports or cartoons--for whoever needed to stay occupied. We also found a cute new shop that had ceramics to paint. They fire the pieces overnight and have them ready by noon the next day. This place was a lot cheaper than another ceramic place we saw. I usually don't like vacationing at the same place twice but i think I would go back, even to just relax on the beach.

Destin BeachDestin Beach

destin beachdestin beach

Destin Beach Wedding?

by scooter028

I have originally been planning a wedding/honeymoon with myself, the groom, and immediate family for the Caribbean in November 2006. We have been thinking about St. Lucia, Barbados, or St. Thomas.
Now, I'm thinking that Destin Beach could be just as beautiful, and more family and friends would be able to attend. Has anyone been married in the Destin/Fort Walton Beach area, and how is the weather during the end of November down there? I've only been to Florida in August (way too hot for me!) so any help would be appreciated.

Comments