ResortQuest Emerald Shores

2936 Old Highway 98, Destin, Florida, United States

More about ResortQuest Emerald Shores

Grand BoulevardGrand Boulevard

Boats and people on the sand bar near DestinBoats and people on the sand bar near Destin

Parasailing in FloridaParasailing in Florida

How to avoid seaweed???

by Itsgana

We visited Panama City last summer in August and the seaweed was terrible. Green-black all over the beach and in the surf and the smell was equally bad. We discovered Destin by driving along the coat until we found clear beautiful water. We want to come back to Destin this year, how can we avoid the seaweed? We have been told that it is sometimes in that area as well. How often does this happen and is there a safe time to plan a reservation?

by TubbySmith

I stayed in a place about 20 min away from Destin a couple times called Grayton Beach/Seaside. The beaches in this area are totally clean and inviting. It's a little more quiet than Panama City/Destin, and you can always drive to those places if you want to go wild. We always used Orbitz and just found the cheapest hotel in either Grayton or Seaside, and it worked out really well.

by katman_7

gana,

Its hit or miss on the emerald coast more prone to happening when hurricane season starts June 1st...... happy travels!
at least there werent jellyfish we get alot of those to once in awhile

by originalkitchenangel

Hello! My family and I are planning to visit Destin this June for a week. We are renting a beautiful house in one of the Destin neighborhoods called "Emerald Shores", I think that's what it's called. What can you tell us about Destin? Is there a chance of hurricanes or tornados? Is it really, really hot in the Summer there or is it tolerable?

Thanks!
Shelley Wooldridge

Travel Tips for Destin

Mural on the bayside marina

by cfwestbe

There are murals of whales painted on the side of the bayside marina in Destin. This marina is located at the end of the mid-bay bridge. You must see this up close to appreciate the grand scale of the mural.

Yummy and Fun!!!!!

by hope6481 about AJ's Oyster Bar

This place was yummy...and the kids enjoyed the atmosphere. I tried oysters for the first time here...not a fan. My husband loved them though. Great location, and they have a boat...the Seablaster you can ride for a couple of hours to see some Dolphins. Went back later one night for a night out with my husband at the upstairs club. Lots of people, great view, and good music. Everyone is friendly in this place!!!!!

McGuire's Irish Pub

by Aliseeya about McGuire's Irish Pub

This is a great place to eat in Destin! The interior is terrific: lots of irish items everywhere, thick wooden booths and tables, and while it doesn't have a completely authentic Irish pub feel to it, it's the closest thing you'll get to it on the beach! Hanging from the ceiling are thousands upon thousands of dollar bills -- it looks like a fuzzy green forest! You can "donate" your dollar to McGuires and they will give you a membership card making you officially Irish. In addition, after you personalize the dollar bill, it will be hung in McGuire's forever!

They have a wide selection of traditional pub dishes and standard American items. Their portions are enormous though -- I think their club salad uses at least 2 heads of lettuce! There are also a lot of fun things on the menu. For example, they offer 29 cent soup, and a hot fudge sundae hamburger!

In addition, they have a large, upstairs outdoor deck with additional tables and a bar. Although McGuire's is located across the street from the Destin Harbour it is close enough to the Destin Bridge for a decent view. They feature live Irish music; feel free to get up and dance!

It's a great place to bring your family; everyone will have fun.

I sometimes go there with 12+ friends, and after our meal we drink, hang out, and listen to music on the upstairs deck until we go out. Since this is an "Irish Pub," instead of describing my favorite dish, I'll describe my favorite drink! It's called the "Irish Wake" and it's served in a oversized souvenir mason jar. It's green and very tasty.

They do have a brewery and offer many unique beers. I'm not much of a beer drinker, so I haven't had any. I did have a sip of their "Christmas" beer though, very good!

Rave Motion Picture

by Aliseeya

This new and modern movie theater is located in the middle of the Destin Commons. It's facilites are very clean and nice: all theaters have comfy chairs and stadium seating. It gets very crowded on Friday and Saturday nights, so I would suggest coming a bit early to ensure good seats. Also, it's quicker to either pay for your tickets online, or use a credit card at the kiosk located at the front entrance. It will save you time and you'll avoid long lines at the ticket counter.

angel_000's new Destin Page

by angel_000

The Emerald Coast even on a sunny winter day, the ocean remains an amazing shade of green,Why is that? It has a lot to do with the sand.The quartz found on Destin's beaches came from the Appalachian Mountains millions of years ago. Over the eons, other sand components have been ground up and washed away, leaving feathersoft, blindingly white, quartz powder. Unlike many beaches of the east and west coasts, you will find no rocks either beneath the sand or under the water. Just pure, white sand.It's ninety-nine and forty-four one-hundredths percent pure quartz.The Emerald Coast was voted best beach in the South and top family destination 3 years running by Southern Living Magazine readers. So, come and visit us!

Comments