1002 Hwy 98 E, Destin, Florida, 32541, United States
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

More about Resorts of Pelican Beach

Loved the Pelican!!!

by TripAdvisor Member marmon1110

I stayed at the Pelican Beach Resort August 7 - 12. Not their fault, but the weather was absolutely beautiful everyday!! This is a beautiful resort, the staff was always friendly. My condo was located in the Terrace which is about 200 feet from the beach. The condo was beautiful. I rented it through VRBO instead of Pelican Beach for considerable savings. They have a kids program for $20.00 a day for three hours, my 8 year old loved it. Brian was great with the kids. The great thing about the Terrace is that the majority of the crowd hangs out at the Pelican pool, which makes the Terrace pool area a little quieter, which was great for us!! Everything was within short driving distance. I will definitely stay here again, actually I am considering purchasing after I get out of school!!

Best Buy in Destin!

I'm a research fanatic so I spent many hours reading and researching Destin gulf front condos (wanted 1br gulfront......did not want to cross a road to get to beach). Pelican Beach Resort is the best buy for the money in Destin. Found the condo I rented on VRBO. Our 1br condo was TRUE gulf front and had hallway bunks for the kids (7 and 12). (3br condos are not on gulf front.....most 2 br condos are angled to beach looking east...semi ok) The resort location is awesome (close to everything). The staff was very nice. The grounds were well maintained and very clean. On a scale of 1 to 10.......I would give Pelican Beach Resort a 9.

ok

We are just are on our way home to houston after 5 nights at pelican beach. It was relaxing and relatively free of spring break party people. It was clean but had very dated interiors. The shortage of hot tubs (one near beach and one little one at the terrace hotel) was a problm since the weather was a little cool - the tubs were crowded and foamy.

We probably would choose another place to stay if we return to Destin.

Very clean, great staff, family-friendly & a pretty room too!

We had a wonderful time at the Pelican Beach Resort. We have four children (ages 1, 4, 12 & 13) and they loved it too. Large heated pool, smaller heated kiddie pool, plus an indoor/outdoor pool. There is also an outdoor hot tub, but it is rather small for such a large complex. Our room was beautiful, modern and expertly maintained, and best of all super clean (I'm very picky about that)! If you want a great ocean view in a quiet, corner unit, request room 1111 (through ResortQuest). It was so pretty, bright and cheerful with newer furnishings and new carpet too. Fully equipped kitchen and loads of drawers and closet space, dvd player and vcr too. We were also pleased to find a very nice portable crib in the closet. The complex has a small store/cafe and tiki hut for drinks as well. Also the staff at Pelican Resort was very friendly and the complex was always clean.

Loved the Gulf view

by TripAdvisor Member cajungal

Just got back at Pelican Beach Resort. I was there from August 4th-11th. We had a ground floor corner unit. It was perfect. I loved not having the hassle of elevators or stairs. I could just walk straight out of my unit and right onto the beach or go to the pool. And since we had a corner unit, we had the most perfect view of the beach and the Gulf. We only had a 1-bedroom unit, but it was more than enough room. My friends backed out on our trip at the last minute. So, it ended up just being 3 people. My aunt who is 53, her friend who is elderly (she is 76) and myself. (I just turned 29) The bed in the bedroom was huge. My aunt and I shared the bed and had plenty of room. They also have bunkbeds in the hall. Perfect if you are traveling with kids. And a sofa which opens into a bed. That is where my aunt's friend insisted on sleeping and said it was quite comfy.

I loved sitting on our balcony, watching the waves crash and drinking a drink. So peaceful. The weather was awful the first couple of days. Total washout the first 2 days. Of course, nobody can control the weather. So, we had little to do but sit in our condo our first 2 days of vacation. About my only complaint was that the TVs were run on satelite. So, I could not watch any of my shows when the weather was bad because the rain kept knocking out the signal. And the remote in the bedroom did not work at all. So, I had to keep getting up to change the channel. I am a channel surfer. Oh, another good thing about the condo unit, I forgot to mention, 2 full bathrooms! No fighting over the bathroom to take a shower to get ready to go out to dinner!

The pools- The main pool is beachfront and huge! So, I never felt overcrowded. I still had room to do laps back and forth across the pool. And it faces the beach and has a really neat waterfall accent cascading into the pool. The resort also has a neat indoor/swim to outdoor pool. But, the water was always too freezing for me to get in! I wish the indoor pool part was heated year round. The hot tub was out thanks to Hurricane Dennis. But, don't worry, you can just take a short stroll to The Terrace and use their hot tub. My aunt and I went our first 2 days of vacation when the weather was rainy and chilly. It is small, but hardly anyone was ever in it.

The gym-small, but okay for basic workout needs. I did not use it. I tend to be lazy on vacations.

The Tiki Bar- very pricey. $7.00 for a Pina Coloda! I could see paying that price if it was in a souvenier hurricane glass like they give at most places. But, no, it was in a tiny paper cup! It was so thick I could barely drink it. Was more like drinking a thick milkshake. But, she did put alot of alcohol in it.

The Deli/Store- Great pizza. Really good fries as well. The store does not have really have much and as with most resorts, it is pricey. Wal-mart Supercenter is just a short drive away. There was one teen-age girl that worked at the deli with long dark hair that I found was rude. I asked where the pump was to blow up my intertube and she acted like she did not want to get up from her chair. She acted like I was bothering her just for asking. All the other employees were nice, though.

The beach- you could not really tell that Hurricane Dennis came through less than a month before. The beach was still gorgeous. They had a lot of seaweed washed along the beach the first 2 days when the weather was stormy. But, after that I never saw it again except in the water near the edge.

The Pelican Beach Resort is convient to almost everything! It is right across the street from Big Kahunas waterpark. It is a very short drive to all the good restarants and attractions. It is also not badly priced if you book through Resortquest like we did. Cheaper than going through the resort itself and cheaper than most beachfront condos.

Absolutely Wonderful - we loved it!

by TripAdvisor Member kbloomh

My husband and I brought our 2 1/2 year old to Destin for his 1st beach experience and The Resorts @ Pelican Beach was a great choice. We went to leave our cell # at the check in desk and found out that our room was already ready - and it was only 2:00 - then we received an additional % off (because since we'd reserved our condo, there was another special going on). When we opened the door to our CORNER Condo - I was amazed. I wasn't expecting so much room AND with 2 bathrooms! The first thing I did was open the curtains to both windows in the living/eating area - the view was magnificent. I was ecstatic! Anyways, here are some tidbits of info: 1. Since we were in a corner unit - the trash shoot was right outside our bedroom window - if you're a light sleeper - be prepared to hear some trash go flying/clanking by. 2. If you are there during some windy weather, be prepared to hear the building. We thought the people upstairs were doing something or that the air conditioner was on the fritz (even though it wasn't even on), but we definately heard lots of clangy/almost vacuum noises from the vents (even when they're closed). Nothing unbearable, but just beware. 3. The beach chairs - I could never find what the rates were prior to getting there - so here ya go...$20 1st day, $19 2nd day, etc. or $5 per hour if you want less than a day. Being pregnant, we opted to rent the chairs and umbrella - just one less thing to worry about. Everyone was really nice and helpful - the beach was clean and family friendly - the pools were great too. All in all - we would stay here again without hesitation. Hope this helps!

Loved it!!

by TripAdvisor Member Senorita_Revo

We had a great time when we were there. At the time, we had a 3 and 4 year old and it was perfect for us. The Pelican is close to everything. We have only one complaint and that was that the pool area stayed in the shade for most of the day. Other than that, it was perfect. We are planning to go back at the end of July this year. The beach is beautiful. We were on the 5th floor and every day we could see the porpoises everyday. One day we saw stingrays on the bottem of the ocean from our balcony. Great for families. Can't wait to go back!

Pelican Is Great!

by TripAdvisor Member dd170

We just returned from a 4 night stay at the Pelican. We have stayed here about 4 or 5 times now. Our room was great, very clean and the kitchen well furnished. The staff were very helpful and we got a GREAT rate by taking advantage of their Fall special. Unfortunately the red tide was there but we didn't let that keep us from having a good time. I would go back tomorrow if I could.

Great Choice

by TripAdvisor Member ericsacura

Nothing bad to say about this place! Very clean, Location cannot be beat. Real nice pool. Doesnt seem to be overpriced at all. Stayed for a week and will probably stay longer next time!

just okay

by TripAdvisor Member coloradorbust

We thought that the view ffrom the balcony was great. The location was good and all condos were beachfront. The only thing is that our room although clean needed renovation. things were beginning to show some age. We had a one bedroom and it was close to the trash chute as other have stated was noisy. The higher the number to 12 the closer you are to the chute. i woke up at 5:30 a.m. to the noisy trashy chute. This was okay for the price we payed for a spring trip but if you are looking for luxury search some where else. Also the bedding was old and worn and two pillows were dirty. Sorry to be negative the view and distance to beach were great and it was not bad fo r$130.00

BaytownBaytown

Oh the lovely sandbarOh the lovely sandbar

Big O & myself in DestinBig O & myself in Destin

Anyone stayed at Pelican Beach Resort Destin, Fl?

by Itsgana

First of all, thanks to those who replied to my question about destin a few days ago. We can't wait to go back there. We have a reservation for mid-august in Destin at the Pelican Beach Resort. Just wondering if anyone has any info about the place? We have a condo 14th floor and hear the view is incredible. Thanks for all the restaurant suggestions as well. When we were there last year we found a tremendous restaurant in Ft. Walton called The Old Bay Steamer. The seafood there was awesome. We can't wait to go back there. Also if anyone has any suggestions on saving money on flights or car rental we have that yet to do. Thanks.

Anyone who lives in Destin area - could you answer?

by Luvthebeach

We are flying in there in 2 days 13th of Aug and are concerned about the Tropical storm(s) in your area. Can you tell me if the condos are ever evacuated? We are supposed to be staying at Pelican Beach Resort. IS there any cause for concern??? what is the weather forecast there like? Weather.com doesn't seem bad. Thanks.

Re: Anyone who lives in Destin area - could you answer?

by pulgaron

You're kidding right? You are yanking our femur, right?
Hurricane Bonnie is going to go right through your living room in Pelican Bay in two days, man. Look at the weather channel.

by Luvthebeach

I am certainly not kidding. Right now I wish I were. We have nonrufundable airline tickets and a paid reservation. We are flying into VPS which is Okaloosa Regional Airport. We are supposed to arrive Friday evening going thru Atlanta. I will call the resort and see what information they can offer me. I am very concerned because I will have my children with me and hate to just throw away this vacation as it was our only one and the $$$ was considerable. However I would not endanger my children for anything. Thanks so much for any help you can give me.

by santanesia

Go to NOAA, they have all forecast/advisory information.
A tropical storm warning remains in effect from Destin Florida to the mouth of Suwannee River.
At 10 am CDT the tropical warning to the wset of Destin is discontinued.
An intermediate advisory will be issued by the national
hurricane center at 1pm.
I'm flying West Palm Beach-Buffalo and will be checking my conexion aioport also.
Check Atlanta airport in Orbitz/expedia or travelocity.
I hope we both have a good weekend.
Maria

by pulgaron

Good news.The worst is over. The hurricane missed Destin and by tomorrow Friday, there should be no trace of it.

Enjoy your trip.