Shoreline Towers

930 Gulf Shore Dr, Destin, Florida, 32541, United States

Satisfaction Average

More about Destin

crab islandcrab island

The main houseThe main house

I can't take credit for this photo but it's great!I can't take credit for this photo but it's great!

Happy dolphine...Happy dolphine...

Travel Tips for Destin

Regatta Bay Golf Course

by myrtle

I don't play golf myself, but my Dad & brother go about 2 or 3 times every year when we're in Destin. Destin is a great place for golfers. I understand the golf courses are just beautiful. This is the place my Dad played at this year. He said there was water on every hole & it was a challenging course.

Fine Dining on the Emerald Coast

by cobrioc about Fisherman's Wharf, Seafood

One of the mildest fishes available, served fried, blackened, broiled or grilled as an entree, but a fried grouper sandwich hard to beat.
Gulf Coast afford area chefs a vast array of delectable local offerings.And what masterpful cusines they prepare! Mahi or Mahi Mahi, the correct name is dolphin, not the mammal.Firm, white-fleshed and delicious grilled, blackened or Cajun-style.
No visit to the Sunshine State wuld be complete without sampling some of the seafood dishes
The Emerald Coast has been famous for the best in casual family dining.

THE BEST ICE CREAM EVER!

by Aliseeya about Shake's Frozen Custard

Shake's Frozen Custard is the best thing I have ever eaten. I'm really not exaggerating; its delicious! When I first moved to Destin, I would literally drive there every week for their Pink Poodle Sundae (three scoops of their creamy custard, topped with heaping amounts of pineapples, strawberries, and bananas). I know that the term "custard" sounds a bit icky, but trust me, its amazing.

Frozen custard is basically ice cream, but it's creamier and has more flavor. Yum, yum, yum. Everyone who comes to visit me in Destin is immediately taken to Shake's, and they all love it! I usually get the Pink Poodle Sundae. It consists of three large scoops of vanilla custard, topped with pineapples, strawberries, and bananas (although I always get extra strawberries instead of the pineapples!). They also have yummy concretes -- my favorite is oreo.

Sea Blaster

by hope6481

This is a two or three hour boat ride starting at AJ's restaurant. Its fun, they serve beer/wine which makes it more fun. The kids really enjoyed it. We got to see dolphins!!!!! Watch out for the ice cold water guns.

allenkite's new Destin Page

by allenkite

Friends had always told me about Destin and it's beautiful white beach with crystal clear blue waters, just like in the Caribbean . . . I thought sure, no way . . . My first trip to Destin was probably 8 years ago and let me tell you, they were exactly right . . . You will not find a more beautiful beach unless you do travel to the Caribben . . . We have many friends who have bought homes here . . . It is about a 7 to 8 hour drive from Knoxville . . . Destin has plenty to do for kids and adults . . . Great restaurants . . . Great shopping . . . And the view . . . This photo was taken in May 1999 from our balcony . . . The only draw back in my opinion is that it is fairly cool between November and April . . . Sometimes it is still cool in April as well . . . Most accomodations are rentals . . . Not many hotels on the beach . . . Very clean . . . Fairly reasonable . . . Beware, Destin is a very popular place to come . . . Make reservations well in advance of your visit and avoid summer holidays if at all possible

Comments