9011 Highway 98 W, Suite B, Destin, Florida, 32550, United States
Hotels.com BookIt.com Expedia.com

Costs 68% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Destin

the road to nowhere is often scenicthe road to nowhere is often scenic

View from atop AJ'sView from atop AJ's

view from the loft bedroomview from the loft bedroom

pull up a chairpull up a chair

Travel Tips for Destin

A Must to Pack

by iluvdestin

Flip Flops or swim shoes are a life saver for walking on hot dune walkovers and hot sand.
Sunglasses are a must. Especially on the beach, the white sand reflects the sun up into your eyes and you spend the whole time squinting and eventually develop a headache. After the first headache I wore sunglasses everywhere. No more headache.
Swimsuits of course and plenty of beach towels Sunscreen, Sunscreen, Sunscreen. We applied sunscreen to every inch of our exposed bodies and we still got sunburnt. The secret is apply often. After going in the water and possibly every 30 min to an hour. The sun reflects off of the water and off of the white sand. Plus, don't let cloudy days fool you. You can still get burnt. Camera's or Video Equipment is a must. Not only will you have your kids and loved ones on film to remember the greatest vacation you ever had. You will always want to keep it with you to capture some the oceans magnifient creatures. If you stay any length of time and you watch the ocean I can almost guarantee you will see dolphins. Walk down the fishing pier on Okaloosa Island and you could see any number of interesting marine life. We saw a Sea Turtle and a Shark not to mention some of the biggest fish I had ever seen. Some condos offer free beach chairs and umbrellas and most beaches offer them for a daily fee. But if your smart you will bring your own umbrella and beach chairs. Plus a hat. Unless you are planning to work on your tan. Stay under that umbrella with plenty of sunscreen on . Trust me on this. If you have kids Sand toys are a must. We brought a basket of shovels, buckets, and rakes. Not only did my 5 year old build some impressive sand castles. My 13 and 12 yr olds plus Dad and I got into the act. You can't help it. The sand just begs you to dig into it.

Harbor Docks

by Ewingjr98

Two restaurants in one, Harbor Docks offers a variety of great steak and seafood on one side with good hibachi and sushi on the other. Both restaurants overlook the water along the Harbor Walk area. My last visit I had the rainbow roll with yellowtail, tuna and salmon on top of shrimp and cucumber ($9.50). My friends shared the sushi dinner ($24) and had a lot left over.

Most meals are over $20 while the average sushi plate is about $8 for 8 rolls. Reservations are required to eat at the hibachi grills on busy weekend nights in the summer. There is also frequent live entertainment on the outdoor deck.

Yummy Seafood

by Aliseeya about Gilligans

This is my favorite waterfront restaurant in Destin. The exterior of the restaurant is rather unimpressive; it is basically a brown rectanguar! Due to this, it is less touristy and crowded than many of the MASSIVE seafood restaurants located along Hwy 98. It features a HUGE outdoor deck with amazing views over the Destin Harbor. The food is delicious -- and they have the best hamburgers in Destin.

If you are on vacation, I would definently recommend this restaurant. It will give you fresh, local seafood without the cheap tourist atmosphere.

Dolphin Cruise

by myrtle

On one of our trips to Destin we decided to take a dolphin cruise. We went with the Southern Star Dolphin cruises which begins at this location. You can call for reservations if you want to ensure your spot on the boat.

Destin, FLorida

by fostersail

"Home Town"

Linda and I live in a wonderful part of Florida that doesn’t get too hot in the summer and still has somewhat of a cold winter. The area is famous for it's emerald green waters, crystal white beaches and great seafood. We are avid sailors and have cruised and raced throughout the south east and the Caribbean. We love adventure traveling and exploring and if anyone needs any inside info on our local cruising area please drop us a line.

Comments