Topsl Beach and Racquet Club RQ

A Fellow Schooner. Nathaniel BowditchA Fellow Schooner. Nathaniel Bowditch

Destin DinerDestin Diner

May 19 - 26

by southerngirl_1000

I am curious about how busy it is in Destin during this time of year. We are hoping to beat some of the crowds. Also, how is the surf? Is the water very rough then? I have been to Destin several times and always love it but it has always been in June. I doubt this couple of weeks will matter but I was just checking. Thanks.

RE: May 19 - 26

by John5678Hi

Try the weather-type website http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=destin%2C+fl . Go about one-third down the website until you see Seasonal Weather Averages. This may be helpful.

Travel Tips for Destin

Destin Public Library

by Aliseeya

The Destin Library is a very new, beautiful building that is a wonderful place to read, study, or browse through books. In addition, every Tuesday night they show a free screening of a award-winning independent or foreign movie.

Destin Dance Destination

by Jmill42 about The Swamp

The Swamp has live bands as well as a DJ spinning techno and general dance tunes. They mix in both by letting the band play a short set and then go to the DJ. Back and forth they go! Kind of weird, but it allows people with different tastes in music to enjoy themselves every 20-30 minutes. The bands that I have seen there have been MUCH better than a normal cover band. 18 to get in, 21 to drink

Shorts and jeans are fine, as well as sandles. You're at the beach!

Good Music & Ambience, Not Such Great Food

by BigBlueOne about Hammerheads Bar & Grille

This place is in Baytowne Village, which is a great little place with shops and lots of bars and restaurants. The ambience and music is very good, but they make up for it (in reverse) with food that is so-so at best.

I would recommend going for drinks and maybe an appetizer, but leaving the main course for somewhere else. We had (2) different types of Grouper (Trinidad and another I can't recall) and neither was remarkable.

Fun in the sun

by Ewingjr98

Destin is a great spot for fun in the sun. From the beautiful white sandy beaches to the boats and dolphins, there is always something to do. There is a very popular sandbar next to the bridge from Okaloosa Island to Destin where hundreds of boats stop in the summer and people swim. It's a huge floating party.

Rent a vacation home in Florida but beware........

by TYM0

"Beware of the Sandcastle escapes/beach seeker"

I recently rented a home from Sandcastle escapes/ Beach seekers. The home was a bit of disappointment with less than comfortable seating and missing standard amenities such as minimal amounts of dishes. I posted a review of the home on Sandcastles site and it was removed. I contacted their owner to find out why my review had been deleted. He sent me a horrible email going on and on about a review I had not even written. In his email he even called me ignorant. Home owners....beware....allowing this company to manage your home could be less than profitable. Please read Mr Williams email and you will understand my concerns.

Sorry for the confusion. We do keep most of our reviews as you can tell, if you had bothered to take the time to check out some of the other properties. After reviewing your comment from our small archive of "not to be posted comments" I would like to explain why your comments where not worthy of publishing. Our company rents hundreds of properties similar to the property you stayed in. management involves many task that you are obviously ignorant too. So please allow me to explain. Like all other management companies we try our best to offer a nice clean home close to the beach. The hardest part of our job is not dealing with comments such as yours but more important things like housekeeping and maintenance advertising and owner relations. As per your comment posted on our site we did not get a fair chance to fix these problems until your departure.Your excuse was that the phone did not work in the unit and your cell phone was not getting good service, although our office is less than 1000 yards from the home you rented you were unable to stop by to report these problems until your departure. If you found food on the plates and light bulbs out based on your comments and reaction to the removal of the review, I would assume the food on the plates was minimal and the other problems were either one of which we do not control or could have fixed quickly had we known. However, instead of giving the management company a chance to fix the problems, Answer an email sent out by the same company you would not recommend that the home was great but the property management was not. That would be similar to me posted a sign on your forehead that says " I look good but have terrible hygiene" It would be my guess that not many people would talk to you. Your thoughts are noted but because you did not stop by our office to report the items while you where at the home to access the problems ourselves, we have decided not NOT post these negative comments about OUR company on OUR site. If you would like to post a comment that is relevant to the home or allow us to remove the derogatory comment regarding our company I would be happy to replace the review.

Taylor Williams