Villages of Crystal Beach

228 Grand Key Loop East, Destin, Florida, 32541, United States

Satisfaction Average

More about Destin

the expansive west coast Florida beachesthe expansive west coast Florida beaches

Interior of the BoathouseInterior of the Boathouse

View from our balconyView from our balcony

Waiting  4 u!Waiting 4 u!

Travel Tips for Destin

Lots of sunscreen

by myrtle

My Dad & my brother won't go to Destin without their golf clubs. They tell me there are some of the most beautiful golf courses in the world in Destin. You'll want some sandals, and of course a bathing suit. Make sure you take some Aloe with you. It's great for burns, which you are sure to get in Destin. If you forget to take some, you'll easily find some at any store in Destin. There's a 24 hour Wal-Mart if you forget anything else you find you really need. A camera & lots of film. It doesn't matter how many times I go to Destin, I always end up taking way too many pictures. It's so beautiful. I just can't help it. My mom won't go to Florida without her beach chairs & umbrella. Some people like to bring a book to do some reading while you're on the beach. Personally, I like to take my CD player & just fall asleep in the sun.

The best mexican food in destin!

by Aliseeya about Pepitos

This restaurant has the best mexican food in Destin! The food is delicious -- especially the queso dip. It has a very authentic atmosphere, and it's a local's favorite! I usually get the chicken quesadillas. The tortilla is crispy and buttery, and the chicken is simmered in spices. Yum!

The Crab Trap

by myrtle about The Crab Trap

Great service, great food. Another great seafood restaurant on the beach. Nice place to be when the sun is setting because you can get great pictures of the ocean at this time. I like to order the Surf 'n Surf with shrimp & either blackened Amberjack or blackened Mahi Mahi. All the shrimp in Destin are huge, so the meals are rather filling. If you manage to have room afterwards, stop by the ice cream parlor.

big kahunas water park and...

by destingirl17

big kahunas water park and go-karts, silver sands, snorkeling and chartering a fishing boat
big kahunas has great water slides and its even better at night. the go-karts are the fastest on the beach and there are 3 thrill rides...all of which i have bravely done, that will leave you breathless...also mini-golf is fun. the picture you see below is so beautiful...the islander hotel is to the far left...the last condo in sight....this picture shows that it is in an ideal spot for the perfect beach view!

Divine Destin

by laura4n8

"A piece of heaven"

I slowly walk on the soft sand to the perfect spot, plant my beach chair at just the right angle and admire the water cresting to not-so-intimidating white caps. The sound of the soft waves draws tension from my shoulders back and legs until my body is slack -- wholly sunken into my plastic-weave beach chair. The air is accented with the occasional playful sheak of a young child, top-40 music on a nearby radio and my friends murmuring something about a cute guy walking -- no ... strutting -- by.

Really ... this is heaven.

"The most beautiful beach in the U.S."

OK ... I know my claim may be disputed but I sincerely think Destin, Florida has the prettiest beaches in the U.S. The sand is sugar white, soft as cotton balls and clean. The water is aqua blue and clear as bathwater.

I just love the shades of aqua, blue, green, teal and white that the water at Destin gorgeously dons.

A day staring at that water in the relaxing sun is sure to grant temporary relief from stress and worries.

"Really ... look at the water!"

Destin is located on the panhandle of Florida, just west of Panama City on the Gulf of Mexico. It's easy to get to and very visitor friendly. It is a perfect spot for trips with the "girls," with your family or any assortment of friends. It's been the spot for our annual "Girls' Beach Week" for two years running!

While I'm glad more people are discovering this gem of a beach, I'm sad that it's getting more and more crowded and developed.

Comments