2900 Atlantic Avenue, Fernandina Beach, Florida, 32034, United States
Hotels.com Booking.com Expedia.com

More about Fernandina Beach

CENTRE STREET IN FERNANDINA BEACHCENTRE STREET IN FERNANDINA BEACH

the chandlery building on center streetthe chandlery building on center street

o' kaneso' kanes

If YOU want to swim go ahead!  I'm reading.If YOU want to swim go ahead! I'm reading.

Travel Tips for Fernandina Beach

Stay at Amelia by the Sea. ...

by TravelCool

Stay at Amelia by the Sea. That's where I stayed with my family. I played music with my brother-in-law. I was on the harmonica, and he sang while playing the guitar. We played in front of an audience made up of the family and some friends. My brother took over for me when I took a break. We rocked!

The double porch

by zrim

Almost every Victorian in Fernandina Beach has a double porch. It is a distinct style that you don't see on the Victorian houses in my part of the world. These double porches seem very Floridian to me. I imagine that in the 1800s it was a relief to spend time on the porch after toiling inside with no air-conditioning.

Amelia Island Museum of History

by grandmaR

Housed in the old Nassau County jail, this very interesting museum has docents to explain the extensive island history. They give a lively 90 minute show which is worth the price of admission. It is Florida’s only oral history museum and contains displays and live interpretation portray the island’s history from aboriginal Indian settlements to 18th-century plantations to the present.

The museum also conducts walking tours of the historic district Thursday and Friday afternoons at 3 and has available an Amelia Island Lighthouse stamp for the Lighthouse Society Passport.

Open Monday-Saturday, 11 to 2.

From Centre Street:
Walk or drive three blocks South on 3rd Street.

Confusing Script

by grandmaR about Bonito Grill & Sushi

I have not eaten here, as we don't care for sushi - or at least Bob doesn't. I found this photo in the pictures that I took, and the name of it was too hard to read. It would never have occured to me that the name was Bonita.

Even though we don't 'do' sushi, I would probably recommend this to my sister and BIL who like sushi. This is apparently a good place to go for sushi. I saw several reviews and all of them were favorable. This was the most detailed

The sushi is always tasty and fresh, although the rice used could be a bit stickier so the roll doesn't come apart - but I'm not complaining. The ham and brie sandwich is delicious. You would not be disappointed with the Bento Box with fried grouper. I find myself often craving the black bean and rice cake that is a staple in the Bento. The service is always friendly and warm.

A Step Back In Time

by zrim

A complete surprise awaited Becky and me on the far north end of Amelia Island. Fernandina Beach is a historic and beautiful little beach town. The town seems to have survived the ravages of coastal development and many turn of the century Victorian homes and business buildings remain. We spent a delightful hour before dinner walking up and down the streets enjoying the loving restorations.

Comments