2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

409 Se 1st Ave, Florida City, FL 33034
Booking.com Expedia.com Travelodge.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 2.5 star hotels

More about Travelodge Florida City

Did not like this place at all

by TripAdvisor Member Andrea13

Travelodge Florida City
First of all we drove by and did not find the motel nor the entrance, turned around and then found it, it was hiding right behind a McDonalds on Florida City’s main Street (Highway 1). The entrance is between McDonalds and a gas station. You might find the place easier when it is dark and their sign is lit. From the outside the motel did not look so impressing as it first did on the photographs on their website. It is an old building, probably renovated or just repainted and – as I read – only for a short time it is a Travelodge. It consists of several buildings, all 1 floor, and a tiny swimmingpool that is not at all attractive in any way (concrete and parking lot around).

The lobby is a small place, with front desk and some tables for breakfast. But way too less. At breakfast we found no free chair and hardly could get to the counter with food. It was blocked by tables and people. Breakfast after all is just a very common continental with mainly donuts and sweets like this.

Staff of this motel was very friendly. Check in was quick and without any problems. Though it seems they had not read that I asked for a quiet room not facing any street. I had made my reservation thru their website. Well, room was not directly facing street as it faced the back of McDonalds and it’s drive thru lane. But there was enough traffic noise from around. You might hear some noise from neighbouring rooms as well.

As I wrote above all rooms are on 1st floor, you park right in front of your room. At least no problems with noisy people above you. Travelodge’s homepage tells that all rooms are newly renovated. Well in my opinion they painted the rooms, put new bathrooms in but that was it. Our furniture showed signs of age, it looked worn and was ruined partly. The black colored frige and microwave did not look new nor very clean from the outside. There is a safe with lots of scratches on and we got a table, chairs and 2 queen beds in our room. Beds seem to be new and blankets and sheet were clean. The furniture is made from bright colored artificial wood and the carpets do not look very clean and not new at all, they are in dark green. The curtains in a bright lilac seem to be new ones.

The sink is in the back of the bedroom, with some hangers for the clothes besides (no closet) and ironing equipment. There is a new hairdryer in room.
Bathroom seems to be newly renovated and is clean and ok. There is some toiletries provided in there and you get enough towels.

Another word about cleanliness – all furniture I touched was feeling sticky. That’s why I cannot believe it is brandnew, probably the former inn used it as well.

The are where this Travelodge is located does not feel really safe. The outside of the place and the surrounding businesses look a bit run down. On the opposite side of the street and our motel, on a bench, a homeless man had found his place for the day (and probably night). What Windows have hurrican blinds outside, that could be locked, but it even gives the place a touch of not being safe. The safety bolt of the door was partly missing.

Fortunately TV had a big screen and they show several channels, best is they have CMT, would not have expected that. We did not get any internet access and no information about it, if they have wireless or whatever.

Have I read somewhere this place might have 2 AAA stars? Does not show at the entrance to the lobby anyway. Well, I am not sure but I think I read about those 2 stars somewhere. Does not deserve it any way.

This motel is located about a mile to Prime Outlet Stores of Florida City and at the entrance to the Keys.

Clean and comfortable

by TripAdvisor Member lulubellAlberta

We stayed here on our way to the Keys. We saw their coupon in a Florida tourist guide for $64.94 a night and although it was somewhat difficult to find in the dark, we were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the rooms and the grounds. We enjoyed sitting outside visiting late into the night on the outdoor chairs provided and we noticed security coming around on a golf cart every 20 minutes or so to check on things. Only problem was that we were in the building directly behind Macdonalds and the garbage truck came by a 5 am waking us all up with it's loud banging and clanging and backup beeping noises. Breakfast the next morning was very good with plentiful supplies, although the dining room isn't very large and was quite crowded even though the hotel was no where full to capacity. We'd definetly stay here again as it was a great place for the price!

Handy Stopover

by TripAdvisor Member wandererBracknell

We stayed here on 21-22 of Jan 2007, and again on the 25th.
Nice big rooms including table/chairs. Appreciated the fridge/microwave. Staff were all friendly. Nothing too much trouble. Very efficient check in and check out. A big bonus was the
'complimentary' breakfast at a sit down area near reception - cerials, yoghurts, donuts, toast, fruit, waffles - you can stuff yourself silly!. On the doorstep are other eateries such as Denny's and Dunkin Donuts.

We found it handy for visiting the Everglades National Park, and as a stopover to and from Key West (about 130 miles).

Greatest place to stay in Homestead Florida

by TripAdvisor Member IndyRacingLeagueTeam

Travelodge in Homestead is the greatest place to stay. Sonny, the manager goes above and beyond the call of duty to handle all your needs. We are an Indy Racing League team and stay here often. The continental breakfast is the best we have ever had because they serve different items and more of a selection than other places we have stayed. If you are hungry, food is in walking distance. Maid service is great and even left me extra sugar for my coffee. Facilities are very nice as well. I would recommend this place to anyone and we continue to come back year after year. Thank You Travelodge and Sonny, for your southern Florida hospitality! See you soon!

Great Visit

by TripAdvisor Member ElectraGlider

I called in Feb 2007 to inquire about this hotel because it was on our route for a motorcycle trip from South Carolina to Key West Florida. I also called several other hotels along our route. What impressed me about this hotel was that the person I spoke with took the time to explain all the ammenities regarding his establishment and did so with a great deal of pride. When our group arrived, we found the Florida City Travelodge to be a clean, quiet and friendly place. The gentleman that checked us in even agreed to take a picture of our group. The Contenintal breakfast was wonderful. Members of our group agreed that this was the most accomodating place we stayed during our 7 day trip. Thank you Sunny and staff of the Florida City Travelodge!

everglades national park visitor centereverglades national park visitor center

The mall at duskThe mall at dusk

The mallThe mall