Bahia Beach Hotel

3030 Harbor Drive, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 33316, United States

More about Fort Lauderdale

pondpond

Comfy lounge chairsComfy lounge chairs

Bunkering (getting fuelBunkering (getting fuel

I'm checking out the boats belowI'm checking out the boats below

Miami airport to Fort Lauderdale

by pb1765

Hi, I am flying into Miami airport but staying in Fort Lauderdale.

Is there anyway I can drive it and avoid the interstate/freeways as I do not like these when I have just got off a long flight.

Many thanks,

Peter

Re: Miami airport to Fort Lauderdale

by conciergeLagoMar

Yes, it is possible, but I do not recommend it. Miami has some areas that are not to be driven through, except on the freeway. I would hate to hear that something happened to you. Go east on S.R.112 East to I-95 north. Do not drive north on Hwy 441 whatever you do. NW 7th Avenue in Miami is dangerous near NW 36th Street up to NW 163 rd Street. If you take the 826 expressway north to I-75 North to I-595 East it might be easier traffic.

Travel Tips for Fort Lauderdale

Try and enjoy some of the...

by richiecdisc

Try and enjoy some of the natural areas in the Fort Lauderdale area, there are great state parks in every direction. The beaches are still squeaky clean with warm aqua waters the whole yearlong. Take a dip, enjoy a cocktail, and just relax. Fort Lauderdale oozes that. During my heyday of spring break, I was in a different situation than most college kids on the “Strip” as the beach area was known in those days. I had befriended some locals who had summered in my home beach town, of Wildwood, NJ. I was very much the disc (Frisbee) player at that time and noticed an amazing player I’d never seen at my local beach one day. He was playing with a disc, as I’d never seen before. Pushing the spinning object into the wind and letting the gentle breeze blow it right back to him, he seemed in total command. Naturally we struck up a conversation, jammed a bit, and we were best buddies the whole summer. He was from Fort Lauderdale he explained, and said I just had to come down to jam there for spring break. The following winter I headed down with college roomies and met up with the boys, who called themselves, Beach Trash. The were a wild conglomeration of chiseled tan fun loving guys, well versed at hacky sack, disc, skateboarding, and carousing. It was a fun group, and perfect for the wild scene that was the “Strip” at that point in time. The beach was too soft to play on unlike our Jersey shore, so we found ourselves playing in the street right next to the wall that separated the beach from A1A, the road that runs along the Ft. Lauderdale beach. The trouble was the cars. We’d set up camp across from the Elbo Room, the most popular bar of the time, and essentially wait for a break in the traffic. This was more or less during red lights. The light would turn red, and for two minutes or more, we had the street all to ourselves. And the jam was on. It was an amazing feeling putting on a show with a full house on the Elbo Room balcony, absolutely packed sidewalk and beach, and even closer, cars full of loud boisterous coeds. Just thinking about it makes me smile.

Butterfly World

by arttrekker

Butterfly World is one of my personal favorite places in the Fort Lauderdale area. It is easily the most relaxing day you'll spend here off the beach. It is a visual feast with thousands of butterflies fluttering around you in an atrium filled with exotic plants and beautiful flowers all the while soft classical music pipes in around you. Bring your camera with lots of film because the butterflies do pose and watch out for hitchhikers because they do land on you as well.

Kids love the place and school groups are there often so time your visit accordingly: schools are out by 3 so kids are gone by then. Also remember that butterflies are most active in bright sunshine (luckily for us we have plenty) but this is not a cloudy day trip.

Be sure to have a seat in the hummingbird aviary too. I can sit there for quite awhile with the little birds flying past now and again. This is a "look sharp" area because the birds are really good at hiding and there are sometimes nests with the tiniest of heads poking out of them.

Well worth the short drive north on Interstate 95 or the Florida Turnpike to Sample Road in Coconut Creek.

We went out a couple of times...

by Robinski9

We went out a couple of times but just your basic dance club destinations.

Ft. Lauderdale has a great open air shopping/entertainment district that is fun both day and night. Ask your concierge about it. It's well known.

One place we did got was The Iguana Cantina.
It's a dance club. Nothing to write home about but lots of dance music and reasonable drink prices. As with most of S. Florida, gang symbols of any kind are strictly forbidden. I believe this can include some sports team clothing so you may want to be careful if you're a 'fan'. Other than that, this is a casual establishment.

T-Bone steak, a real US specialty

by doctraveler about Denny's

I just flew in from europe with a pretty bad
cold, so I may not be the most
critic, however this restaurant fullfilled all
my most secret wishes. I ordered a T-Bone
steak (had not eaten one for at least 10 years
and allways wanted to ) and a coffe, which is
a strange combination, but as I had a cold
and had to drink something warm it was
the best to do.
Great experience eating a T-Bone steak
in the US, not every day, not even once a
week, but once a year is not a bad thing to do.
Just meat and meat and meat........
but of perfect quality. The waiters were perfect, alwys looking if I was content, pouring extra coffe, and very kind in their
behaviour, most unlike some colleges in
germany, they ougth to take an example
here. Paid only 12$, but gave a huge tip,
which made the waiters even more friendly,
really felt like a king. The next morning,
the cold was gone, also due to the excellent
meal and treatment in this restaurant. T-BONE Steak

Blue Cafe Restaurant & Lounge

by musbars about Blue cafe

Blue Cafe is a South Beach-style dining destination with a trendy, sophisticated atmosphere, offering a full Continental/Fusion menu and a selection of specialties. The venue offers live jazz on Sunday nights. Saturday night is club night. Great seafood, wine, XO

Comments