Bahia Mar Beach Resort

801 Seabreeze Boulevard, (formerly Radisson Resort), Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 33316, United States

Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale Beach - a Doubletree by Hilton Hotel
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Don't leave your valuables!

I spent 3 weeks in this hotel (and a business associate in another room also. Unfortunately, in my rush to leave in the morning, I hid my bag of mostly inexpensive jewelry in the closet under my clothes. Not all the jewelry was taken: just about $400 worth. I spoke with 3 people in security, and only the 2nd one took a report. When I noticed another couple of pieces were also missing (that I hadn't originally noticed), security didn't update the report. He promised to keep me updated on his "investigation." He didn't. When I complained to the general manager, Mario, almost 2 weeks after giving the report, he told me I was being vague. I told exactly the same story to the Ft. Lauderdale police. Their police report was not at all vague. I wrote to Doubletree customer service and didn't even receive a reply. In the time we were there, my company spent about $6,000. I would have expected at least an apology.
    Other than that, the staff was nice. The room was OK, except the only chairs were those $9 plastic kind you can get at Walmart.

Unique Quality: Nice beach

Directions: Ft. Lauderdale Beach

• florida's best dump!

i stayed at the hotel before, same problem. the will never give anyone a room when you travel travelzoo cheap [but good ] rates.the front dest is trained to push off any rooms to 4;30 check in. the mgr. is a rude not nice person that yells at you [what do yu want me to do!}very unhappy and told them you could spring for dinner ,after waiting for a room 3;30hrs he said i'm doing the best. the same thing was going on next to me, but this lady was have a party in room and was not giving one till5;00.the room i got was not the room i ordered 2 months . the mgr said he was doing me a favor and gave me 2beds not one king! staided 4 days and the mgr would pass me but never saying they were wrong. i travel alot and i'll bad mouth the dump as much as i can.also very old and not clean, has an old hotel smell! vincent lore-mafmarco@aol.com don't go!!!!!

• Worst everything - never again!!!!

Horrible! The staff, the hotel, the false advertising, the costly charges (parking overpriced, food is way overpriced) the facilities are old and not up to par -especially for the price they charge. You are not likely to get a room in the hotel itself - you will be across the way in the unmonitored building where the beach going party animals come and go loudly all night. WIFI is NOT included or available other than in the lobby with a weak signal. There is nothing good to say here - location to the beach is great, that's it!. To stay here is to waste your money and ruin your other wise good time. You can complain but you will have more satisfaction yelling at a wall. The owner needs to buck up and fire all staff and do a total hotel makeover. They will never get another dollar of mine!

Unique Quality: location to the beach is great.

Directions: beach

• HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

Surf Sun and Sand

I was in Ft Lauderdale on business and wanted to stay close in to the ocean without charging my expense account a fortune. I found Bahia Mar to be in the perfect location and cheaper than many of the cheesy chains! The front desk clerks were very helpful, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable, and even the cute bartender was on point with every drink request. I'd definately stay here again!

Unique Quality: Bahia Mar has a great beach location, though not on the sand there is a A1A crossover, and a great restaurant and bar.

Directions: Off of A1A just South of Los Olas

• ngesler's Profile Photo

Great price, fantastic views!

My wife and I spent our final night of our Florida trip this year at the Bahia Mar and were completely satisfied with our stay. The staff was extremely courteous and gave us a complimentary upgrade to a room overlooking the ocean and beach. The room was very clean and appeared to have been recently updated within the last few years.

Situated directly on A1A, the hotel has a private walkway extending over the highway for quick, easy beach access. It also has a rooftop pool area with a bar to enjoy those lazy afternoon days soaking up the sun, as well as a fitness center. A nice, modern lobby area with a restaurant and bar and a short walk to both the marina and the tourist shops of Ft. Lauderdale.

If I had one complaint it would be that there is no hot tub. The pool is accessible 24 hours/day to guests, which would have made it perfect to enjoy a late night soak listening to the waves crash in to the beach. Ammenities you would find in other hotels, such as: a continental breakfast and free parking are not offered, but for the price and the accommodations it is easily accepted.

Directions: Right on A1A - directly across from the beach

• yooperprof's Profile Photo

Good Value on the Beach

I was able to get a very good rate here through Priceline, $65 a night (off season).

The Bahia Mar isn't the swankiest of places, and if you are interested in higher end accomodations - and are willing to pay the differential - you should probably look else. But if you are cost conscious and willing to cut corners, the Bahia Mar might be suitable.

I was assigned a "Priceline room" - you know, rather below the par for the property, but since it was a "deal", I couldn't complain. The appearance of the building was rather - sad, perhaps, run-down, and tired: plain breeze-block corridors that suggested an old dorm, not a modern resort. But my room was comfortable and acceptably modern - 2 1/2 stars in my book. And while my room didn't look straight out over the ocean, I did have a corner view.

(The medium-rise tower - 12 stories - which is my "feature" pic for the Bahia Mar - is reputed to have nicer rooms. I stayed in a three story low-rise next door.)

Another nice feature of the Bahia Mar was that there was an elevated walkway directly across the highway to the Beach.

• rjrogo's Profile Photo

A Great Place to Stay

I stayed at this property back in September of 2004. The place was great. Although the location is not in the middle of all the action it provided a great beach and pool, and with a litlte bit of walking you are still able to enjoy all the great resturants, shopping and attractions. The staff was nice and the ammenities were sufficent. Compared to other hotels in the area this one is much more clean and attractive. Although listed here as a Radisson, I'm not sure if it is still part of the chain.

Unique Quality: Some pro's:
    -The walkway to the beach was an added bonus.
    -The market/deli provided a cheap and easy way to enjoy a quick breakfast, snack, or sandwich.
    -The hotel is steps away from the water taxi.
    -The pool provided some great views of the marina. It was also clean.
    -Hotel was clean

Some cons:
    -Can't really think of any.

More about Bahia Mar Beach Resort

Radisson Bahia Mar Beach fine with us

We experienced no problems with this hotel. Front desk, bar and restaurant staff were very friendly and good. Received ocean view though charged lower rate. We had anticipated the parking surcharge, so this was not a problem. The only bad part was that we were taking our son to college and only had a couple of nights. We did not have time to take advantage of the hotel beach and pool, though it all looked very nice. We would definately stay there again.

Unacceptable! - Reservation not honored.

My wife and I booked two nights at the Radisson Bahia Mar Beach Resort as part of a Royal Caribbean cruise package. This was a paid, confirmed reservation. Upon arrival we were told that the resort was "full" for the first night of our reservation and they would not honor our reservation. We were offered lodging for that first night at another hotel and we had no choice but to accept. We were promised a refund of the night's lodging they refused to honor, but repeated requests for this refund have gone unanswered.
Do not trust this resort to honor a reservation or to fulfill any promise!!!!!!

Worst stay in memory

First, ditto to the above reviews re: stained carpets, dingy rooms, and motel-like feel. Second, beware of parking a car (valet parking mandatory at time of stay). Valet caused $375 damage to rental car on final night. At time, said they would take care of it, then recanted when contacted by Avis. Had to pay damages out of my own pocket to avoid ruined credit rating. Called manager Kris Bohte at Bahia Mar who said she would look into resolving the incident. Never heard back -- multiple messages never returned. Please don't let this happen to you.

Had a great time!

by TripAdvisor Member Pat20

The Bahia Mar was a great place. We stayed in the tower July 10 - 15. The tower seems to have the best rooms. Very clean with beautiful views. A private walkway over the road to the beach was nice. The on site deli is great--good sandwiches at reasonable prices. Didn't eat in the hotel dining room as it seemed overpriced and not what our 2 teenage boys would have liked. You don't need a car here--water taxi stop is across the back parking lot, and Beach Place is within walking distance with lots of restaurants and things going on. The pool area is nice with a bar/snackbar there and a workout room. Only 2 minor complaints--1. we arrived early on the 10th because of our flight time. The man at the front desk was not very helpful. Told us check-in was not until 3 p.m. and didn't try to accommodate us at all. Didn't offer a place to change or use of the pool until I asked. When we checked back about the room around 1 p.m., it seemed that a woman at the desk was about to help but the same guy gave her kind of a "wink" and said--those rooms aren't ready yet. Maybe he was on some kind of power trip but everyone else there was great! 2. Only 7 umbrellas around the pool area. With that hot sun they need many more umbrellas to accommodate those of us who burn! Overall--we liked it very much.

The inner harbour at Bahia MarThe inner harbour at Bahia Mar

Slip F-18, Bahia Mar Yacht ClubSlip F-18, Bahia Mar Yacht Club

Bahia Mar Hotel and Beach Resort

by farcos1000

Hello..
Recently I booked through Priceline, the Bahia Mar Hotel in Ft Lauderdale. First I was exited, as I know the area to be nice, and the hotel in their website looks great.
Afterwards, I started to feel nervous, as I read some reviews, that stated the this place is "falling apart" " old and smelly.." and so on.
I would like some honest and objective feedback from this hotel. I would greatly appreciate.

Thanks!

RE: Bahia Mar Hotel and Beach Resort

by tropicdiver

I think the worst thing about this hotel is the location. If it were me, I'd look for a hotel a bit further north (between Las Olas and Sunrise) up the beach, where there is a larger selection of restaurants and activities. I have eaten at the Bahia Mar and found it to be a bit over priced for the portion of food prepared.

All the hotels on the "Strip" are across the street from the beach. If you actually want to be on the beach, you'll have to go a bit further north to the Ft. Lauderdale on the Sea area (Commercial Blvd.).

If a hotel is priced low on the "Strip" and you're looking for a deal, go ahead and jump on it, but expect to deal with hotels with that tired feel to it. Some of the hotels on Ft. Lauderdale Beach should be ashamed of themselves for the prices they charge and what little they give you (a roof over your head and a lumpy bed).

Comments