Bahia Mar Beach Resort

See Hotels with Lower Price

Tags

Water Sports Beaches Adventure Travel
See Amenities

Don't leave your valuables!

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 27, 2012

I spent 3 weeks in this hotel (and a business associate in another room also. Unfortunately, in my rush to leave in the morning, I hid my bag of mostly inexpensive jewelry in the closet under my clothes. Not all the jewelry was taken: just about $400 worth. I spoke with 3 people in security, and only the 2nd one took a report. When I noticed another couple of pieces were also missing (that I hadn't originally noticed), security didn't update the report. He promised to keep me updated on his "investigation." He didn't. When I complained to the general manager, Mario, almost 2 weeks after giving the report, he told me I was being vague. I told exactly the same story to the Ft. Lauderdale police. Their police report was not at all vague. I wrote to Doubletree customer service and didn't even receive a reply. In the time we were there, my company spent about $6,000. I would have expected at least an apology.
Other than that, the staff was nice. The room was OK, except the only chairs were those $9 plastic kind you can get at Walmart.

Unique Quality: Nice beach

Directions: Ft. Lauderdale Beach

florida's best dump!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 13, 2010

i stayed at the hotel before, same problem. the will never give anyone a room when you travel travelzoo cheap [but good ] rates.the front dest is trained to push off any rooms to 4;30 check in. the mgr. is a rude not nice person that yells at you [what do yu want me to do!}very unhappy and told them you could spring for dinner ,after waiting for a room 3;30hrs he said i'm doing the best. the same thing was going on next to me, but this lady was have a party in room and was not giving one till5;00.the room i got was not the room i ordered 2 months . the mgr said he was doing me a favor and gave me 2beds not one king! staided 4 days and the mgr would pass me but never saying they were wrong. i travel alot and i'll bad mouth the dump as much as i can.also very old and not clean, has an old hotel smell! vincent lore-mafmarco@aol.com don't go!!!!!

Worst everything - never again!!!!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 27, 2010

Horrible! The staff, the hotel, the false advertising, the costly charges (parking overpriced, food is way overpriced) the facilities are old and not up to par -especially for the price they charge. You are not likely to get a room in the hotel itself - you will be across the way in the unmonitored building where the beach going party animals come and go loudly all night. WIFI is NOT included or available other than in the lobby with a weak signal. There is nothing good to say here - location to the beach is great, that's it!. To stay here is to waste your money and ruin your other wise good time. You can complain but you will have more satisfaction yelling at a wall. The owner needs to buck up and fire all staff and do a total hotel makeover. They will never get another dollar of mine!

Unique Quality: location to the beach is great.

Directions: beach

HotSpotJ's Profile Photo

Surf Sun and Sand

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 2, 2008

I was in Ft Lauderdale on business and wanted to stay close in to the ocean without charging my expense account a fortune. I found Bahia Mar to be in the perfect location and cheaper than many of the cheesy chains! The front desk clerks were very helpful, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable, and even the cute bartender was on point with every drink request. I'd definately stay here again!

Unique Quality: Bahia Mar has a great beach location, though not on the sand there is a A1A crossover, and a great restaurant and bar.

Directions: Off of A1A just South of Los Olas

ngesler's Profile Photo

Great price, fantastic views!

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 6, 2008

My wife and I spent our final night of our Florida trip this year at the Bahia Mar and were completely satisfied with our stay. The staff was extremely courteous and gave us a complimentary upgrade to a room overlooking the ocean and beach. The room was very clean and appeared to have been recently updated within the last few years.

Situated directly on A1A, the hotel has a private walkway extending over the highway for quick, easy beach access. It also has a rooftop pool area with a bar to enjoy those lazy afternoon days soaking up the sun, as well as a fitness center. A nice, modern lobby area with a restaurant and bar and a short walk to both the marina and the tourist shops of Ft. Lauderdale.

If I had one complaint it would be that there is no hot tub. The pool is accessible 24 hours/day to guests, which would have made it perfect to enjoy a late night soak listening to the waves crash in to the beach. Ammenities you would find in other hotels, such as: a continental breakfast and free parking are not offered, but for the price and the accommodations it is easily accepted.

Directions: Right on A1A - directly across from the beach

yooperprof's Profile Photo

Good Value on the Beach

Good (3.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 1, 2007

I was able to get a very good rate here through Priceline, $65 a night (off season).

The Bahia Mar isn't the swankiest of places, and if you are interested in higher end accomodations - and are willing to pay the differential - you should probably look else. But if you are cost conscious and willing to cut corners, the Bahia Mar might be suitable.

I was assigned a "Priceline room" - you know, rather below the par for the property, but since it was a "deal", I couldn't complain. The appearance of the building was rather - sad, perhaps, run-down, and tired: plain breeze-block corridors that suggested an old dorm, not a modern resort. But my room was comfortable and acceptably modern - 2 1/2 stars in my book. And while my room didn't look straight out over the ocean, I did have a corner view.

(The medium-rise tower - 12 stories - which is my "feature" pic for the Bahia Mar - is reputed to have nicer rooms. I stayed in a three story low-rise next door.)

Another nice feature of the Bahia Mar was that there was an elevated walkway directly across the highway to the Beach.

rjrogo's Profile Photo

A Great Place to Stay

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 28, 2006

I stayed at this property back in September of 2004. The place was great. Although the location is not in the middle of all the action it provided a great beach and pool, and with a litlte bit of walking you are still able to enjoy all the great resturants, shopping and attractions. The staff was nice and the ammenities were sufficent. Compared to other hotels in the area this one is much more clean and attractive. Although listed here as a Radisson, I'm not sure if it is still part of the chain.

Unique Quality: Some pro's:
-The walkway to the beach was an added bonus.
-The market/deli provided a cheap and easy way to enjoy a quick breakfast, snack, or sandwich.
-The hotel is steps away from the water taxi.
-The pool provided some great views of the marina. It was also clean.
-Hotel was clean

Some cons:
-Can't really think of any.

Nearby Bahia Mar Beach Resort

Bahia Mar Beach Resort

• Bahia Mar Fort Lauderdale
  • Bahia Mar Beach Hotel
  • Hotel Bahia Mar Beach

Address: 801 Seabreeze Boulevard, (formerly Radisson Resort), Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 33316, United States

12 Photos of Bahia Mar Beach Resort

• Kids Activities
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Fort Lauderdale Travel Forum

Need advice about Fort Lauderdale, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Fort Lauderdale and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Fort Lauderdale hotel reviews

Delicious Hummus & Calamari
Changing Beachside artwork
Getting a Sun Pass with a rental car
Transportation
A Nice spot right on the strip
Water Taxi Service