2831 Vistamar Street, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 33304, United States
Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

More about Cocobelle Resort

Loved the Cocobelle

A great litlle hotel near the beach and the restaurants. Great staff, nice rooms and overall very nice looking hotel. The beach is only a couple of blocks away and you even get to lend a sunchair if you need one. There was no hair dryer in the room, which was a small minus, but the nice staff had one to borrow so that was np problem. I would definitly recommend this hotel!

Would stay again!

by TripAdvisor Member Cheesehead4life

I've been meaning to write a review for a while, but never got around
to it until now. My wife and I stayed at the Cocobelle in late February (2007), and enjoyed every second of it. Marx was very professional, friendly and helpful - having never been to Ft. Lauderdale before, he pointed out some great restaurants and things to do. The resort is small ... which to me, was perfect. The people that stayed there when we were, almost felt like family. We enjoyed a few cocktails at night by the pool together and shared in some great stories! Name another resort where you do that with perfect strangers!

The location is great, easily walking distance to the water taxi, beach, Sun Trolley. It's a bit of a hike if you want to hit the mall or bars on the strip. But for $10 call the bike taxi ... it's fun and they are "right there" when you call them. (Obviously we didn't rent a car when we were there).

I would 100% recommend the Cocobelle Resort to anyone traveling to Ft. Lauderdale. We will definetely stay there again the next time we travel to Ft. Lauderdale.

Off the beaten path & beautiful!

by TripAdvisor Member Lisa88

We just got back from a long weekend in Ft. Lauderdale & stayed @ Cocobelle. We had a wonderful time! The place was very nice! Very clean! For the price we paid it was well worth it!!! I would agree with the other posts, the pics are real! Dorothy was wonderful! Just an overvall wonderful stay @ Cocobelle! The area isn't the best, but that didn't matter! I would also agree with other posts & a rental car is the way to go!
The beach was awesome! Everyday we went to the beach it was like having our own private beach!!!!
I will definately stay there again!!!

Wonderful little resort!

by TripAdvisor Member Gammieiscruising

From the first e-mail to arrival Dorothee was very friendly and accommodating.
We loved this little resort out of the way of the Mega non-personal
hotels! Nice neighborhood within walking distance to the beach and many restaurants.
It was like staying with Family, anything you needed was at your fingertips!
I will be returning to the Cocobelle every time I visit Fort Lauderdale.

Jewel of a motel

by TripAdvisor Member seabouy1

What a jewel of a motel we felt like we were a guest in someone's home, a touch of Europe decorates the rooms. Having searched the internet we couldn't believe our luck in finding the Cocobelle. We had room#2 for our pre cruise, opened the door and I said OMG lovely furniture, ensuite, coffee maker, microwave, small fridge, and kitchen setup. Post cruise we were in room #4 with large separate bedroom, full stove living room and dining area. Extremely clean with all tile floors and good air conditioners. The Cocobelle is a two story with 16 units surrounding lovely pool and lush tropical landscape. Don't let the surrounding places fool you. You can checkout the rooms on their website. This is the place to stay. Best to have a car but free trolley and bus service closeby if you can walk at all. Visit the Bluefish for breakfast 8-10AM as well as lunch and dinner. We found this funky eatery bar 10 years ago Great pizza nearby.

Dorothee und Ernst: You Rock!!

by TripAdvisor Member MelrosePlaceFan

Howdy Cocobelle! It is an exclusive little resort where people still matter. You never get the feeling you just a hotel guest, you really get the TLC you need. It is clean, it is private, each room is unique in its own way. Familiy oriented, but also a place for singles and couples to enjoy each other. The pool area is phantastic during the day there are never to many people, at night this place turns into wonderland, very tropical and I like the lights Ernst installed. Makes it really romantic also. The owners Dorothee and Ernst go beyond the ordinary service you get anywhere else. They are truly helpful and very gracious. See you soon guys, miss you much, can't wait to get back there! Tschuess and keep Ernst in check :)

Best Find Ever

by TripAdvisor Member jetfueled65

Read two reviews on Trip Advisor and decided to try this place. The photos on the website were very accurate in every sense. What a jewel! Two and a half blocks from the beach, close to restaurants and tucked away from A1A. Small cozy surroundings with great management and fabulous decor in the rooms. Nestled in the courtyard is a pool with a gazebo and lounge chairs. The owners/management were very friendly and provided great customer service. They ensured that you comfortable and not wanting for anything. Total attention to detail. There was nothing else that could have made this stay any better!! I would definitely stay at Cocobelle again without hesitation and would recommend this place to all without equivocation.

Fantastic place and fantastic people

by TripAdvisor Member MariaItaly

I went to Fort Lauderdale to work all of July and August and I stayed at the Cocobelle the entire time. It was the first time in Florida for me and I didn't have a car. Well aside from the place being very, very clean inside and out and nicely furnished, by the end of July Dorothee was no longer just the owner but a friend. Among other things, such as our almost daily chats when I got home from work, SHE offered to take me grocery shopping so I didn't have to hassle with bags on the bus. The few inconviences, that even happen in my own home - so nothing to get worried about - like a light burning out - were taken care of immediately. Dorothee and Ernest really take pride in this place and it shows. I would recommend it to anyone, for its look and for the hospitality. I really felt at home and that is important when you're away from your own family that long.. Hello Doothee and Ernest and Billy.

Excellent!!!

by TripAdvisor Member pjmtCalgary

We stayed in this wonderful resort in August. Originally we planned to stay in Miami just before our cruise started but changed our minds and opted for Ft. Lauderdale. It was the best decision we made during our travel around Florida. The owners Dorothee and Ernst are wonderful people and absolutely pleasure to deal with. They go extra mile in terms of service, cleanness and overall maintenance of the property. The pool is awesome, particularly in the evening. Our suite (#4) was clean like a whistle and believe me we are hard to please in this department. Kitchen is spacious with a regular sized fridge and stove. The beach is two and half blocks away. Washer and dryer are free of charge. Best of all we have a feeling like we were invited to very good friends, who made sure we had a worry free stay.
Dorothee, Martin and Tom say hello to Billy.

Perfect

by TripAdvisor Member suewick

We found this place to be perfect in every way. We had a one bed apartment. Everything was spotlessly clean, the apartment was tastefully furnished and extremely well equipped. The bed was so comfortable we had to force ourselves out of it in the mornings. There were nice little touches provided that I would not have expected from a small establishment, such as tea towels, washing up liquid, coffee, creamer and toiletries (shampoo and soap). Also we were provided with big fluffy beach towels not the normal old towels, which used to be room towels. The management genuinely care about the property and their guests and were extremely helpful and unintrusively friendly.

The pool area was beautiful and very well cared for and maintained. A barbeque pit is provided. It is a friendly place and most nights we saw guests and management chatting together by the pool, which would be great for a lone traveller and those who like to socialise with other guests.

The property is very safe and secure, the gate is locked at night and you have your own key to come and go as you please, the management and staff are around during the day. We had no problems leaving valuables in the room.

Parking is adequate and free.

There is no point in me posting candid photos because everything you see on the web site is accurate. There are no retouched or enhanced photos and they are totally up to date as is all the information shown.

The nearest places for breakfast are The Deck, Café Bluefish and Primantis.

If you are looking for the Hilton it’s opposite the beach, if you are looking for clean, comfortable, reasonably priced accommodation you will find it here.

Comments