2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

Similarly priced and rated as other 2.5 star hotels

More about Days Inn Bahia Cabana

Fishing!

by TheJessFamily

We had a wonderful family trip recently to Fort Lauderdale. Our first day was spent hoping on and off the water taxi which was an excellent way to familiarise ourselves with the area. We got off the watertaxi on our first day at Bahia Mar Marina where we enquired about one of the fishing trips!

This happened to be the best thing that could have happened. We arranged a trip for the following day $125 each for 4 of us for 4 hours! The guys on the boat Chip and Freddie were awesome. Within 10 minutes of starting fishing we had caught a giant Kingfish. Freddie knew his stuff and in the 4 hours we had caught 5 Kingfish, 4 Dolphin fish (more about these later) and a baracuda which we got mounted for $500 and my husband has on his den wall!!

When we got back to shore Freddie gutted the dolphin fish for us and arranged for the restaurant at Bahia Cabana to cook it for us. I have to say it was the most amazing meal I have ever had. Knowing that the fish was pulled out of the water only a few hours before and by little old me surely contributed! We were staying in a hotel and unfortunately couldn't take the king fish but they boys assured us they would not be going to waste!

I have never gone ocean fishing before and had always imagined it was a lot more expensive and is something I never thought of doing. So I am extremely glad to have bumped into Freddie on the dock when coming off the Water Taxi. The boat is called the Miss Gail.

guest houseguest house

Me and my MargaritaMe and my Margarita

Baggage hallBaggage hall

Nice seating areasNice seating areas

hotels near cruise port

by joevob

can anyone advise the exact location of the cruise port.any hotel recomendationbs near the port would be appreciated

by grandmaR

Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport is less than 2 miles from Port Everglades which is the name of the port. Port Everglades' primary entrance is from I-595, whose eastern terminus is the port's entrance road, Eller Drive. I-595 connects with I-95, which runs along the entire east coast of the United States, as well as the Florida Turnpike, Sawgrass Expressway and I-75.

We stayed the night before at the Sleep Inn and Suites which had a shuttle to the airport and also to the hotel.

by DSwede

This is what google maps is good for:

by grandmaR

Google maps doesn't tell you which hotels have a shuttle to the port. The hotel closest to the port isn't necessarily the best for the purpose.

by DSwede

While I agree that is true, it does however give all addresses, contact details and links to reviews for any hotel listed.

Many hotels offer shuttle services to the port, but in reality they charge a fee of $5~10 per person for this. If that is true, then a hotel that is close, whether or not it offers a shuttle, may be cost effective to hire a private taxi for the short fare.

by lovesxm

Well, the is the Marriot basically across the street.. there is the Lago Mar Beach Club where my mom belongs, but i think it is veryyyyy pricy! The Yankee Clipper isnt too far and not very expensive. The Bahia Cabana is a great place to stay,close to port and beach! The port is off of 17th street

Travel Tips for Fort Lauderdale

South Beach attracts people...

by JBER

South Beach attracts people from all over the world. It is a hip international spot that takes night life to the limit. Walk down the strip and you will find some of the best looking people in the worldhaving the time of their lives.

Snow Crabs and Shrimp Galore

by Gilberto22 about Catfish Dewey's

This is one of Lauderdale's hidden jewels. A medium-sized mom-and-pop restaurant with the best in ambience and quality seafood. Every day is a different All You Can Eat entree, such as Shirmp, Scallops, Snow Crabs, etc., and of course, Catfish....

The waitresses are extremely hospitable and pleasant and the entire experience is heavenly. No, I don't work for the restaurant, but have been going there over 10 years. The Snow Crabs never end on Thursdays and Sundays and unless you are full, the crabs keep coming.

DON'T eat here!

by garridogal about Mancini's

It looked perfectly lovely from the outside with it's tented outdoor seating and centrally located on Las Olas Boulevard. So we decided to have Brunch there. However, I'm here to tell you that looks can be deceiving. First of all, when Bryan asked for cream for the coffee he was simply told "No" by our waiter who was a combination of Inept, Rude and Stupid. After we ordered our meals and waited a considerable amount of time, our Dumb Waiter stopped by asked "Have you had Breakfast?" Was he joking, we wondered so we told him that we thought that's what we'd ordered from him and were still waiting for. To this he either replied "This is Brunch" or "This is Lunch" and then walked away. WTF? After waiting even more, the poor excuse for our meals arrived. Heather ordered French Toast which consisted of one giant slab of unsliced bread which was barely cooked in any manner. When she inquired about her side order of Sausages she was told "They're on the floor." This is where Dumbo had dropped them. I had ordered the 3 Pigs in a Blanket which was supposed to be 3 Pancakes wrapped around Sausages. The 2 that were on my plate had faint sausage bits in them and the Pancakes were doughy and under-cooked. Yick! However, the best was Bryan's dish. He'd ordered a Fritatta. What he got was 2 Eggs Over Easy, Hash Browns and Sausages. A Simple mistake, right? When we called Dumbo's attention to this we were told "That IS a Fritatta." Um.....no. After having that waiter/thing ask us more than once "What do you want me to do about it?", we got up and left. Nothing. Absolutely nothing.

It was a a short drive to Fort...

by rtschneider

It was a a short drive to Fort Lauderdale beach. I was so excited to go...though by myself. Maybe for some people the ocean is no big deal but for a Mid-Westerner? Well flat land is what we usually get to see! I must admit that I am DEATHLY afraid of the ocean...you couldn't drag me in to save your life but I think its so incredible to look at. The ocean just amazes me because it is another reminder of God's wonder!

Comments