Deauville Inn

2916 N. Ocean Blvd. A-1-A, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 33308, United States
The Hotel Deauville
Hostelworld.com Booking.com HostelBookers.com

More about Fort Lauderdale

The careful set upThe careful set up

My Berry DacquiriMy Berry Dacquiri

In Between shipsIn Between ships

My beer and Liz's ChampagneMy beer and Liz's Champagne

Are there any places with similar beach and water characteristics to stay north of Fort Lauderdale?

by GeorgeW6

My family and I used to spend a couple of weeks every June-July in the old Irelands Inn and loved it and Fort Lauderdale. Now I am alone and would just like to go to Fort Lauderdale or to a good beach hotel north of there on the Atlantic Ocean. It would have to be July or August. It seems to me that there must be hundreds of motels or hotels from Jacksonville on down to Fort Lauderdale that would have a nice beach with rooms facing it. Trouble is when I look for something, I can only find very large resort hotels and that is not my preference. I want to find a small place just to hang out for a couple of weeks of peace and to enjoy the beach and swimming in the ocean.
I have tried Internet searching, but not found anything appealing. I am trying to find what everybody wants, I guess, moderately priced (under $200 per day), some sort of kitchen facility for breakfast/lunch, clean, quiet and with a good beach and good view, free parking, free wireless Internet.
I look forward to ideas, or even to posting that say I WON'T find this and, if this is the case, I would like alternative ideas.
Thanks very much, George

Re: Florida Lodging

by lostsooner55

You might wish to try the following website: www.floridastateparks.org/ FindaPark.cfm. I don't remember very many small motels along the central Florida Coast, but it has been awhile since I visited. Gary

beach and water characteristics to stay north of Fort Lauderdale?

by USanFrancisco

I would stay in Palm Beach, FL (West Palm Beach). The ocean is beautiful and so is the city and area!

Re: Florida Hotels

by lostsooner55

After looking at the Ireland's Inn web site, I think we may have different definitions of "small" and "peace", lol. Gary

Travel Tips for Fort Lauderdale

The Riverwalk starts near...

by Tolik

The Riverwalk starts near Stranahan House. The oldest surviving house in the city is a handsome pine and oak building. The pioneer Frank Stranahan built it in 1901. The house became a center of Fort Lauderdale’s community, serving as a trading post, meeting hall, post office and bank. Old pictures of Stranahan trading with the local Seminoles are very impressive. The Seminoles brought goods such as alligator hides and otter pelts from the nearby Everglades in their dugout canoes.
Seminole (meaning “wanderer” or “runaway”) was a term first used in the 1700th for members of several Creek Indian tribes, who were forced to lee south to Florida by land-hungry Europeans and later retreated into the Everglades.

Butterfly World There's a...

by hayward68

Butterfly World
There's a neat tropical room to wander through at Butterfly World. But make sure when you leave this area that you don't have any passengers on you. The butterflies will land on you and they have to stay in this area. You go through a door to go in and out of here.

getting around south florida by train

by susiemargare

info about getting around the south florida area (palm beach county, broward county, and miami/dade county) by what is evidently a commuter train can be found at -- www.tri-rail.com/schedules_fares/train_schedules.htm. the customer service phone is 800/874-7245.

a website with a "trip planner" option is -- www.sfrtp.cinrtosfl.com for general info -- and -- sfrtp.cinrtosfl.com/hiwire?.a=iTripPlanning&.s=2c2014a1 to enter a specific starting point and destination. what you will get is info on how to get from one place to the other by whatever public transit means are available -- train/bus/whatever.

caution -- i did not try any public transit when i was in this area b/c i found these websites only after i got back!

Nestled in a cozy hidden place- Delectable!

by sunlovey about Las Olas Cafe

We walked down a little narrow alley way off the bustling Las Olas to this cozy and quaint little dining delight. With both indoor and courtyard seating, great service and a lovely ambiance. Delicious salads (sliced apples, mixed field greens, spiced walnuts, red onions, crumbled gorgonzola with a sherry vinaigrette) incredible baked goat cheese (in phyllo puff pastry with a mango chutney), perfect ravioli (spinach and pinenut with a basil cream sauce!) & a wonderful wine list

Make sure you make reservations, this place is extremely popular with the locals for its atmosphere and scrumptious food offerings.

Price per person includes a shared appetizer, a salad, an entree and wine.

Where else would we go?

by garridogal

We did hit that beach every day of our 3 days there. After heading there early on the first 2 days, we waited until after lunch on our last day as we were starting to get a little "cripsy"...
The water was warm enough to swim in and had a beautiful green hue along the coastline. The waves were also really good for most of the time. What more could we have hoped for?

Comments