Fort Lauderdale Ramada Plaza Hotel & Resort

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 44% less but rated 46% lower than other 3 star hotels

• LauraM70's Profile Photo

never again as they didn't care about me

while I stayed there I HAD TO go to time share crap even though I stated absolutely NO INTEREST when booking trip I won. during this unwanted hassel I left my brand new $560. glasses behind. when I returned from three hour useless spiel I come to find no one ready to help even though I called ahead. Staff was rude and actually yelled NEXT over my shoulder to indicate they were finished with me. I had to wait over an hour for one maid to open safe just to be told there were no glasses. the favt that I was on a schedule to catch my cruise((the hook that got me there) was of no concern. I will never return to Ramada Inn anywhere as I know my glasses were there. there was no where else they could be as we didn't go anywhere else.
    Today I still have not been able to replace them and am still suffering the effects. I even had to take my cruise without my vision intact.

Unique Quality: nothing. they were plain rude. rooms were smelly, too. meals were cold and they make you pay designated tip even if choose just coffee. more for tip them breakfast.!

• LauraM70's Profile Photo

never again as they didn't care about me

More about Fort Lauderdale Ramada Plaza Hotel & Resort

Horrible

My family and I just returned from our vacation in Ft. Lauderdale and Orlando. We puchased (2) so called "luxury vacations" through Ramada Plaza Resorts. All we had to do was attend a 90 minute time share presentation which by the way turned into 3 1/2 hours of high pressure sales. What a mistake! The Ramada Plaza Hotel Resort on State Rd. 7 is an absolute dump. When we walked into our room it looked as if it hadn't been vaccumed, there was hair in the sink, the sink was clogged, the bedspread had 2 cigarette burns even though we requested a non-smoking room. We asked for another room which was just as bad. This place is 15-20 minutes from the beach and definitely not worth the hassle. For as much money as I spent on this vacation, I could have stayed at a nice place close to the beach for a few more $. Come to find out I didn't save any money at all since Ramada charges $39.95 for their rooms. I have definitely learned from this experience and will never stay at a Ramada again or participate in their marketing of time share plans.

Not much good about this one!

This was one of the "luxury" hotels we were offered in a package. 2 nights on the beach at Fort Lauderdale. Well, your 30 minutes from the beach, if your lucky. This place is a two star (that's being gracious!). It is NOT luxury as they tell you! Bed linen was ripped, drains were clogged. This place is ancient! Timeshare salesmen everywhere (The infamous 'Florida Welcome Centers').
If you have a choice stay somewhere else!

Boy is this place bad

I didn't see any bugs, but this was a run down place. Mold and cracked calking in the bathroom. Outside pool area was OK. The food was terrible. We didn't get the buffet because it looked bad so we ordered off the menu. My wife’s food was so bad that she had to send it back and eat of my plate.
Remember this is not a Ramada Inn, its Ramada Plaza Resort (it's a franchise like McDonalds.)
The time share part was the worst! They said we had to go to get our cruise voucher. This turned out to be a lie. It took us an hour to drive to this place and we found out later when we got on the boat that we didn't need a voucher to get on the Carnival cruise. We wasted almost a whole day in the timeshare land. What a horrible experience.

Very surprised. This hotel was nice.

by TripAdvisor Member skb2006

My husband and I stayed at the Ramada Plaza the first week of May. We purchased the package that included a 5-night stay in Ft. Lauderdale and a 4-night cruise aboard Carnival Fascination (which we loved). We were very surprised, in light of all the bad reviews, because this hotel was nice. We have stayed at hotels ranging from excellent to just okay, and we felt the Ramada was between average and above average. We thought the people who wrote the earlier reviews must have stayed at a different hotel. Our 5-night stay was split into two parts because of our cruise, so we stayed in two different rooms. Both rooms were the same--they were spacious, had nice furniture, large TVs, and were in good condition. The bedspreads and mattresses did appear to be older, but the beds were quite comfortable. The cleaning staff could have done a better job cleaning the bathrooms, but otherwise we had no complaints. We also ate at the on-site restaurant several times and found it to be very good as well. It had an excellent buffet at all three meals, and a nice size menu if you didn't want the buffet. Overall, we were very happy with this hotel and would recommend it to anyone.

Ugh!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member spuffgirl

Don't stay here. This was part of a time sharing scam & it is mediocre at best. After reading reviews on this site, I called on the day of our arrival to demand a clean room. It was clean enough, dated, run down & you can do so much better. Don't even bother with the time share scam. It's true, the cruise doesn't even take the vouchers after you have been held hostage in time share hell with the most annoying, pushy salespeople you've ever met. AND THE CRUISE ON THE REGAL EMPRESS WAS A SUB-HUMAN EXPERIENCE. For the price of this trip, you can take a normal cruise on a normal cruise line with a ship from this decade & have the time of your life. Stay at the Best Western Pelican Hotel on the beach in Ft Lauderdale. It's new, beautiful & after our time @ the Ramada, then the cruise from hell, we blew off the Orlando leg of the trip & felt we needed to start enjoying our trip. The Pelican turned our entire vacation around. If your vacation time is limited, please don't fall for the time share scam. Save your time, $$$ and aggravation. For the same amount of money, you can have a really enjoyable time.

It is the worst hotel we have ever stayed at its a holding pen for timeshare!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member meggiemoo

We were foolish enough to be suckered into a free vacation, like others in this hotel it has cost us more in hidden extras than you could ever believe.
the initial 598 pounds has turned into 2000+ pounds, do not enter into this timeshare vacation scam, the hotel is not a 3* more like a 1-2* we only stayed 1 night as it was in the middle of nowhere miles away from the beach and any activities. we initially bought the package from so-ho vacations which i believe to have gone bust, the vacation was took up by summerbay resort and they have no oblgations to rectify any package only to sell their timeshare to you and scam a few pouns more from you. Dont get involved in any pop ups on you computer as one review says you only get what you pay for, and boy have we paid for it in more ways than one.....

Not as bad as some reviews say...

I just returned from staying at the Ramada Plaza Hotel and Resort, State Rd. 7 in Fort Lauderdale, FL. As with most of the reviews I too was part of the time share experience. We had our time share in West Palm Beach which was quite a drive form our hotel. The time share tour was fine, our guide was a young man who was very to the point and got us out of there in about an hour. We chose not to take part in the buying but we did actually have the chance to stay at that hotel for the day and sun on their beach and buy drinks from their tiki bar (get a "pain in the ---", it was great!!).
From reading other reviews I was frightened before our trip but to my surprise it was not what others have said. The rooms were plenty big for the four that stayed there (ages 21-28) and the beds were comfortable (pillows were rather flat though, so take your own if you perfer fluffy ones as I do). The bathrooms were okay but the tub looked old. The hotel itself was big, we stayed on the 3rd floor overlooking the pool and tiki bar (the view was very pretty). The food at the hotel was good for the most part, we ate the buffet three times. Usually hotels have at least cereal or fruit for breakfast at no charge, but here the breakfast was only available in the restaurant at cost or with a voucher (drinks are not included with the vouchers). For all you tennis players, they did have a tennis court which was full most of the time during our stay.
The whole experience was fun; we ended up having a great time. So here are a few things to remember, if you get the free stay at the hotel, know that the hotel taxes are NOT INCLUDED, we paid $12 a day which can def. add up. The beach is about 30 mins. away so be ready to drive. If you take the free vacation offer and fly, know that the rental car was free but you have to pay the taxes which were around $96 for 7 days.
True enough, you could spend less money if you book a trip to Florida without going through the whole time share thing, but if you booked the time share over the phone or by computer because they say it is a great deal, don't be afraid if you read other reviews. It was a great experience and we had a blast!!

What a !$*% (-)

by TripAdvisor Member love2traveljy

My wife booked a package thru Ramada Resort. We drove for 13 hours from Virginia Beach, VA. Once we checked into the hotel and we got our room key opened the door we were welcomed by smell of mold and funk was soo bad I did not know what to do. We looked around the room and saw mold and mildew growing under the a/c and the stains on the carpet. We went back down to the desk and complained they just gave us another room with out saying anything to us. The second room was the same as the first. We complained again with the same results. We went to the third room and the smell was not as bad but it was not right. Then we went to the welcome center and complained there and after about 45 min they changed us from the Ramada to the Wyndham hotel which is at least a 4 star hotel. I would not even give the Ramada one star if there is an option for no star. The hotel needs to be torn down and a new one bult.

...everyone knows that ants can't move a rubber tree plant...

by TripAdvisor Member np15

The place is infested with ants. They definitely resemble ants. Actually I think they are some kind of termite and my boyfriend thinks that they are some kind of waterbug, but PLEASE do not do what I did and think that maybe one room had a problem. I went down to the front desk after noticing it and asked the guy for another room. He was so nice, and gave me keys... BUT I walked into the next room and they were sooooo much worse there. So I decided to keep my room. The hotel is OLD!!!! The rooms are old, the sheets are VERY thin, you can see thru to the OLD matress... The carpet is dark and I can ONLY assume that the reason is to hide the ants crawling beneath me. I really tried to be a good sport, but no lie... THEY ARE ALL OVER! The pool filter does not run, the pool is about 120 degrees. It is soo warm, and the pool walls have some kind of algea growing along the walls. The towels at the pool are even older than the hotel itself. It is way off the beaten path. I had called ahead of time and was told not to rent a car, nothing is nearby. We walked forever trying to get to a walgreens. The bar by the pool is very expensive. Stay away from the water taxi... It is a beautiful trip, but to get to riverfront, it is a 2 hour ride, with little air conditioning. The concierge orders you a car service when you ask for a cab to the airport and fails to mention that the cost is $10 more. The beach water was beautiful, but the hotel does not own it. You have to pay for chairs on the beach. So much for advertising a private beach. They did let me check in early and check out an hour later. That was nice. OH and the Polo Lounge was great. We are both in our twenties and we danced and drank and had a great time. It was an older crowd but all the more fun. The band they had on friday night sang some good songs.

Bad Place, Stay Away

by TripAdvisor Member djtroutman

I also made the mistake of accepting a Summer Bay Resort Vacation Offer. The Orlando portion was great. We stayed at a Holiday Inn Express on the resort property, though we did go through a 3 hour presentation. We had hope for Fort Lauderdale. We showed up at this Ramada and realized we were in a bad hotel on the wrong side of town. The room had dirty sheets, carpet and walls. My wife absolutely refused to stay here with my kids. I called around and made a reservation in a Holiday Inn Express nearby. I have traveled throughout the world and this is one of the worst hotels I have seen. I was truly worried about my children's safety if we stayed here. Their were numerous suspicious characters lurking around the property. One room had the curtains tied up with a bed frame. Based on this experience, we cancelled the final leg of this package that had us going to Grand Bahama Island. I recommend staying away from this hotel unless you desire a ghetto experience.

Angie being fed by EduardoAngie being fed by Eduardo

The view from aboveThe view from above

View of outside buildingsView of outside buildings

Steak with Garlic ButterSteak with Garlic Butter

affordable hotel for single mature woman

by Allwyna

Hi,

I am gooing to FLL THIS weekend, and I spent hours trying to find an hotel where I could meet nice people (not exchange or whatever), not more than $60~70 preferably but not necesarily on the beach.

Those I found are either very expensive or dirty (by the comments I read

Anyone would have an idea, please?

Thanks a lot

Re: affordable hotel for single mature woman

by SunTanBob

Lauderdale-by-the-Sea may be worth considering to get something clean at those rates. It is an area of hotels and restaurants on the beach about a 15 minute drive north of the main Fort Lauderdale Beach and downtown Fort Lauderdale/Las Olas areas. Since it is offset somewhat (but still accessible) from the main Fort Lauderdale action it tends to be a little quieter and more cost effective.

And, like I said, there is an entire restaurant and bar scene there as well if you need a (mellower) change of pace from downtown Fort Lauderdale, all within walking distance of the hotels and steps from the sand. Check out this link for options:

We've stayed at the Great Escape Motel and it was fine, but if you can get something on El Mar Drive all the better as Ocean can be pretty well-travelled. A lot of the places are older/art deco but we go to the beach here regularly and the parking lots are usually full so I assume you can't make too bad of a selection.

Hope this helps. Have a good trip.

Comments