Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort

Costs 23% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort

Let Your Monkey Out

by jmrdude about Monkey Beach Bar and Grill

Ok, so Monkey Beach is this new spot on Fort Lauderdale beach. I just happened to stumble on it at the Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort over on 909 Breakers Ave. This place is not what you'd expect from a "hotel bar". Monkey Beach has a great local feel but with the added bonus of resort amenities like a hot tub, pool, saunas and so much more. I've never been to a bar with a hot tub in it but I really must recommend it! Especially on ladies night! They're new, kinda up and coming so they weren't packed the night I was there. But I liked that. I hate the mob packed chaos type bars where you have to scream just to chat with someone. Well, anyway, this place wasn't like that. It was chill but upbeat. Kinda Key West meets Rock n'Roll I guess. Anyway, check it out if you're into discovering something new on the beach. The pizza rocked! I came at night but will go back during the day to chillax by the pool. Dress code? LOL. Anything goes. Come comfortable but bring a bathing suit for drinks at the pool.

A casual sundressA casual sundress

Comfortable bedComfortable bed

Map of the area around airporMap of the area around airpor

My Baby in one of my favorite dressesMy Baby in one of my favorite dresses

Rollerblading

by stesha

hello,
I have a hotel (Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort and hotel) booked. I am wondeirng about rollerblading paths in the area? Is it wise to bring my own?

Thanks
stesha

RE: Rollerblading

by Miesque

Hi Stesha
as I recall Ft Lauderdale has a terrific beachfront path - smooth & flat & one of the best skating surfaces I've been on in Florida. I would definately take my skates if I were going back there.

RE: RE: Rollerblading

by Miesque

Just found some good pics on Kathy Fry's site showing skating in Lauderdale.

RE: RE: Rollerblading

by stesha

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it!

hello florida - looking for advice re: hotel

by milan2003

Hello All!

I have not been to Florida for about 20 odd years since the 'ol driving down 31 hours straight with friends for spring break :-)

I will be in Ft Lauderdale for 1 night in mid February (overnight to link to a cruise the next day).

There will be 4 of us in 2 rooms. We certainly don't need anything fancy, but central, clean, and about $150ish per room would be great.

I have found the following, but each one has both great and horrible feedback about them on the internet, so I come to the place I trust - VT'rs.

Open to your feedback or additional suggestions:
1. Riverside Hotel
2. Holiday Inn
3. Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort.

M.

RE: hello florida - looking for advice re: hotel

by donato1899

The Riverside is in a great location.The old part is right on Las Olas Blvd and probably got the bad reviews, The new part is set back by the river and is more modern. Either section for one night is a good choice.
Another excellent option is the Embassy suites on 17th Street causway. You could walk to the ship from a beautiful hotel. Free booze at happy hour and free breakfast in a beautiful atrium.

RE: RE: hello florida - looking for advice re: hotel

by milan2003

thanks so much for the feedback - will go check the other suggestion you had as well!

RE: hello florida - looking for advice re: hotel

by SunTanBob

Of the 3 you listed I'd go with No. 1.

The previous poster is correct re: Riverside location. 2 and 3 are farther north and set apart from the Fort Lauderdale night life a little bit. Riverside is right on Las Olas Blvd, a Fort Lauderdale hot spot of restaurants, pubs, shops, etc. a great place to unwind for a night pre-cruise.

Travel Tips for Fort Lauderdale

Champagne with my Baby

by cjg1 about The Champagne Bar(Navigator of the Seas)

We love the Champagne Bar and frequent it often. Liz's favorite beverage is champagne so I love to indulge her. The Champagne Bar has a varity of champagne, white wines, red wines and other alchololic beverages. You will not find soda or frozen drinks in this bar nor will you find children(Thank God). We always have good service here and love the champagne.

The bar itself is deorated in seafoam green and peachy neutrals. They have couches and tables to relax and enjoy your drinks. Liz and I love to come here before or after (sometimes both) dinner to enjoy some champagne. The staff puts a nice plate of appetizers on the atble to accompany the champagne which I think is a nice touch especialy the chocolate covered strawberries. I have seen people in here with casual clothes such as shorts but we normally are dressed up for dinner when we visit this bar.

Don't miss the seafood

by traveling_captain about BAss Pro Shop

Best fresh sea food for local area. Raw fish snak at its best. The Bass Por shop in one of the largest retail shops on the water that is in the USA . It is a treat in itself to see and experience. Rainbow appitizer / mai mai / and red snapper

California Pizza Kitchen

by piccolina

California Pizza Kitchen Hard for me, being an italian, to love the pizza in this restaurant....
Alan had an Hawaiian Pizza, with pineapple, bacon, Mozzarella cheese and our tomato sauce.....TERRIBLE....but i would to try it..
And now i know well that only in Italy you can eat a real Pizza....!!!!!!!!!

IMAX Theater

by SeaBreezeUSA

IMAX Theater at the Museum of Discovery & Science
The $3 million 3-D Blockbuster IMAX Theater at the Museum of Discovery & Science, is the highest attended ticketed museum in Florida. Like all IMAX's I have been to, this one is superb!! It is a treasure of exhibits that challenge, educate and delight youngsters, built to promote the understanding and appreciation of science in children and adults. It achieves this through entertaining interaction with educational exhibits, programs and films, and with the Discovery Center opened in 1999. Designed for toddlers and pre-schoolers, the Discovery Center is a place for them to meet new friends and have fun while developing motor skills and learning basic science

Comments