Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North

Travelocity Booking.com Agoda.com

More about Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North

Had a great experience

by TripAdvisor Member lovemydogs5

I have nothing but good things to say about our stay before our Royal Caribbean cruise. The front desk staff could not have been more accomodating. We had forgotten something very important at home that my mother had to Fed ex overnight. It seemed as if that was their #1 priorty- to get us our package. The Rendezvous restaurant had great food and so so service. We never had to wait more than 5 minutes for the shuttle. Room- clean and comfortable. Great experience overall.

Super Hampton Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member dteitsman

This hotel is great! The staff goes overboard to be helpful, the room is clean, attractive, updated with the new comfy beds, and the hot breakfast is wonderful. You get free internet access using their computer or your own. Next door, is strip mall with a Wynn Dixie and at the corner is a Mac Donalds. It's close to the airport and cruise port and the van driver is friendly and very accomodating. The driver gave us excellent recommendations of places to eat and see, and will take you there. A great value for a short or longer stay. Don't hesitate to book!

Not what I expected

by TripAdvisor Member ATLcruiser

Checked in one day prior on line as part of Hilton Gold. Airport pick-up was about 20 minutes - no problem, very friendly driver. Signed up for the cruise terminal shuttle - also smooth, with an 11:30 AM departure. Went to floor 5, and stepping off the elevator was hit with the overwhelming stench of stale smoke. Non-smoking rooms were to the left and smoking to the right. Opened the door to our non-smoking king, and the smell only got worse. The non-smoking room even had an ashtray in it. The smell was not from a recent departure but rather from repeated abuse - clearly for which the hotel did nothing. Called the front desk and was told they could do nothing for us, as the hotel was a sell-out. As I woke up througout the night, the stench hit me and made it hard to go back to sleep. The room was overall clean and the bed comfortable, but the shower had the smell of sour bleach. In hindsight, we should have checked out and looked for another place to stay, but it was 10:30 at night and we were tired. The breakfast was adequate, but nothing special (previously frozen fried eggs - different). We would not stay here again.

Great pre-cruise hotel

by TripAdvisor Member dougp26364

We spent a night here pre-cruise and had a very nice stay.

Our flight arrived late night at 11:00 PM. I used the courtesy phone by baggage claim to request their shuttle bus pick up. There were a LOT of arriving passengers waiting for hotel shuttles and it was very crowded at the airport pick up location. We had to fight out way through the mob to get to our shuttle but but they were at the airport within 10 minutes of when I called.

The room we had was of good size, clean and quite. It was a typical room for a Hampton Inn. Front desk service was efficient and polite. Coffe and tea were available in the breakfast area 24 hours/day.

The morning breakfast area was packed by the time we got there and they had run out of scrambled eggs and waffles. It appeared that many people were over indulging in this free breakfast and the two staff members assigned to this area were struggling to keep up.

As we had arrived late, spots for the free shuttle to the cruise ship pier were limited to late afternoon reservations. We elected to call a cab the next morning. When we checked out at 10:30 and told the front desk we wanted a cab for the cruise ship terminal, the shuttle bus driver volunteered to drive us instead and see if there were any passengers waiting to come back to the hotel. We had the van to ourselves with a friendly and helpful driver. It saved us a $15 plus tip cab fare to the pier (I did tip the driver well for his helpfulness).

Overall this was a great hotel for a pre-night cruise stay and will be the first hotel we look at for future pre/post cruise stays.

Great Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Elaine-TRIP

My husband and I spent the night here before our cruise the nest day.
The driver for the pick up at the airport was very friendly and the driver taking us to the port was also very friendly.
Both Desk clerks at the check in and check out the next morning were excellent.
Breakfast was hot and very good. The staff were friendly and helpful.
The room we had was clean and also a good size. The bed very comfortable.
If ever in the area again I would certainly stay here again.

Beautiful hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member pharmacist2000

My wife and I stayed here the night before and after the Discovery Cruise to Freeport, Bahamas. The shuttle picked us up from the airport, loaded our bags, and on the way to the hotel, explained how everything worked (transport to the port, signing up for the shuttles, what to expect, etc.). Very nice.

The rooms were beautiful, the beds were large and fabulous. The blankets and quilting were nice and soft. They had both firm and soft pillows. The front desk was very helpful and courteous. The breakfast was more than adequate (just be sure to get there early so you get a good table). They even shuttle you to the restaurants that they recommend (Rendezvous being the main one, and it was very good). They have a free internet terminal in the lobby and TV's on to watch while you're waiting for shuttles.

We got off the boat at midnight coming back, and the shuttle was there when we walked out of the port, waiting for us. Now that's service!

My only complaint was the hotel is a little pricy, but we got what we paid for. We would definitely stay here again. It really helps take the edge off of 5 1/2 hours of that Discovery Cruise (which we wouldn't recommend to anyone).

great start to our cruise

by TripAdvisor Member happyWindsor

We stayed here the night before our cruise. The shuttle picked us up from the airport, no problem. We took the late shuttle to the port the next day(2p.m.)to avoid all the lines. It worked great, walked right onto the ship and no line-up at the buffet once aboard. The rooms were clean, quiet. The hotel itself looks quite new. The staff were very helpful and pleasant. The morning breakfast was very good. There's a little strip mall next door with a Winn Dixie, Subway, MacDonald's, Wendy's and a Beal's outlet. The hotel has a very nice pool. It also has access to internet in the lobby with a printer for printing up boarding passes for the flight home.

hairs in our bed--yes, really

by TripAdvisor Member yu4ick

well, the title says it all--we arrived at the hotel and that night, getting ready for bed, we found HAIRS IN THE BED. We went to the front desk, they came and changed the sheets, but then we found hairs in the other bed in the room. we were only staying the one night, but it was disgusting. I slept in my clothes on top of the bed.
we wrote to the owners and still have not heard from them. We did not pay for our room.
It makes me sick even now to think of it.
Hotel rooms can be expensive in Fort Lauderdale, but it is worth paying the difference to stay in a better place.

Service with a smile

by TripAdvisor Member 0C323

What a great way to start the cruise. I had reserved 3 rooms for our party. All of us were arriving from the west coast at different times. We were instructed to call the property on the phone (free of charge) once we received our baggage at the terminal. The house phones are located just across from the carosel. Within 15 minutes the shuttle arrives at the destinated location. My arrival was at 1:00 in the morning. The others in my party arrived between 8 pm and 11 pm.The driver had dropped my daughter at a local dinner and asked if I wanted to join her and the rest of the party, and he would come back to get us. I must say the service was professional and friendly. The rooms were cleanand the beds were comfy. I had a great nights rest and then went down stairs in the morning to the buffet style breakfast. The shuttle was free both from the airport and to the cruise termainal.
I would gladly refer this property to other. By DW

Perfect Place

by TripAdvisor Member jcre

A very nice hotel convenient to the airport right off I-95. Very friendly staff, nice clean rooms with quiet air conditioner, and a wonderful free, hot breakfast.

Comments