3030 Holiday Drive, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 33316, United States

Marriott.com Hotels.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• Miketheman31's Profile Photo

Harbor Beach Marriott Resort =Overpriced

This was a very nice resort. It was right on the beach and we had an oceanfront view that was perfect. We came here to get away from work and the kids for a few days to relax. The weather was very nice and the staff was great. I read from several other reviewers about how nice this place was but that it was very overpriced on the food and drinks. This was the case. Most drinks were $8 to $12 a piece and a hot dog and fries would be around $15. After the first couple of days we went to the liquor store and stocked our own drinks to take down to the beach etc. There was no live music at the resort either. Other than the beach during the day for a few hours we spent most of our time seeing the sights, water taxi tours, exploring, etc. The resort didn't offer any entertainment to make you want to stay there and spend money on drinks and food.

All in all, it is a very nice place to stay. I think my fiance' and I agree that we don't need this expensive of a resort to stay in for future vacations. It was probably a $6000.00 trip that we could have done for half the price in another hotel, etc.

Unique Quality: Pools and facilities were great. Great views from our balcony of the ocean.

• PinkFloydActuary's Profile Photo

Marriott

The Harbor Beach Resort was the homebase for a 3 day business trip. Check-in was very fast, and the workers there were quite pleasant. I went up to my room, which was clean, and had all the amenities you'd expect, a large TV, mini-bar, and safe. I was lucky enough to get an Ocean view, and the rooms have a balcony with chairs to watch the waves roll in. On site, there are a few choices for restaurants, from the fancy (Ocean 3030) to the casual (Sea Level). They also had a huge pool, with plenty of seating around it, and of course, beach access. There is a gigantic fitness center, with any machine you could want (many with personal TVs for when you are working out.) The only real downside is the lack of easily accessible shopping for your smaller goods, unless you want to pay an arm and a leg at their in house shop - but if you have a car, you can get to something within a few minutes. As you leave the property, there are some nice public sidewalks along the beach, which is great for a morning run. A wonderful, relaxing stay.

• ctorres1979's Profile Photo

A Great One Day Vacation

We had the best time here. We were upgraded to an atlantic suite ( I think thats what they called it), which was part of the reason why we loved this hotel so much. The service was excellent. Any time we called for room service it arrived in about fifteen minutes. Also the beach is very well kept and family friendly.

Unique Quality: They also have a great pool with no shortage of lounge chairs

• VTCrusier's Profile Photo

To me the best place to stay...

To me the best place to stay if you can't stay with a friend or relativeis the Marriott Harbor Beach Hotel. It is on the beach in Sout Fort Lauderdale Beach. Not cheep but worth the money. I stayed here for almost three months last year and did not think I would ever get sick of it. But as usual, I did and had to move on....
    A hotel room at the marroitt will run $140.00 per night in the off season to $500.00 and up in season.

Unique Quality: Very private beach for Ft.Lauderdale. Great pools, hot tubs. (there are three. the 3rd is out in the cabana area and is more private) Bad part is they shut them off around 11PM. You can swim in the pool all night if you are quite.... Shiiiiiiii

Directions: You can see the Harbor Beach Marroitt straight while crossing the 17th street bridge. Note this is not the Marroitt on the intercoastal waterway.

More about Harbor Beach Marriott Resort

Great Hotel, Avoid the Pool Bar Food

We recently stayed at the Harbor Beach Marriott for a weekend in July 2004. The hotel lobby is great and rooms are very nice. Although I paid for a non-view room, I was upgraded for free to an ocean view room since I am a Marriott Rewards Member. The only negative part was the self serve pool bar food. I paid $8 for a chicken pita and $2.50 for a can of soda! The chicken was fatty and fries were cold, burger king put the place to shame. With that said, if you want a great hotel on Fort Lauderdale Beach this is the hotel. The rest of the hotels on the beach are dated. However, this is definately a four star hotel, not a five star hotel. Just don't go in with five star expectations despite the web-site.

Can't beat this !!!!

My stay approached perfection. The staff was friendly and helpful, from the bellmen to the restaurant staff. The beach and pool area were clean and well-staffed. Services at the spa were absolutely heavenly. I'm sure Donald Trump and Mick Jagger have vacation destinations that can beat the Harbor Beach, but for us normal folks, it would be hard to beat this beautiful, welcoming resort.

get away from it all

Get away from all the hubbub of S Florida here. We stayed here for 5 days over Memorial Day 04, and felt like we were in another world. Peacefull and blissfull. Isolated from the rest of the city, yet 5 minutes away to the best dining in the city, The pool and beach area were excellently maintained although a large crowd was present. Even fresh ice water with lemon amply available at the pool to keep cool. Staff from beachbopys/girls to concierge were extremely pleasant and helpfull.
5Stars!

Go for the smores, not the seafood...

Nice hotel layout, we had a small oceanfront room with a beautiful view. Very accomodating staff when booking unexpected extra nights in a full hotel... Beautiful comfortable lobby with oceanviews, nice large pool but no chairs available no matter what time of day we arrived and screaming kids everywhere. I would stay again for the beach, watersports and bonfire's with smores. Starbucks takeout in the lobby is convenient but crowded, the staff tries. The location is excellent, far enough from the strip with security at the gates, but a five minute drive to the causway for shopping, dining, manicure, etc.. The food is typical Marriott mediocre. We had one meal at the bar in the lobby, 2 Seafood cocktails (shrimp + clams) and two drinks in the neighborhood of $100. The shrimp weren't even jumbo size. I would definitely go back but dine outside the hotel. One other issue I had was the missing screens on the patio doors, small bugs come and go all night if you simply must enjoy the ocean breeze.

Staff should be commended

I stayed here a few months ago and will return again. The pool, beach, and spa were especially relaxing. The staff, from check-in to check-out were especially wonderful and professional. We witnessed staff handle an irate guest and then move on to greet the next guest w/ a smile. This had to be difficult! We let them know that we noticed and appreciated their efforts!

Our family had a great vacation here!

by TripAdvisor Member specialkman69

I took my wife and two sons (15 & 21) to the Marriott Bay Harbor Resort for 8 nights in June of 2004. The hotel is first-class in every way. The concierge was extremely helpful in suggesting restaurants, golf, deep-sea fishing. My older son caught a 9 foot hammerhead shark on our fishing trip. The beach was phenomenal and the pool was very large with more than an adequate number of chairs-we never had to look for a place to sit. We ate in the 3030 Restaurant on the final night and it was excellent. The other restaurant, the Riva, was very good on the breakfast buffet (should be for $15).

The only negatives I can come up with are that the rooms are standard size, nothing special. Also, everything is fairly expensive. $22 a day for valet parking was a little steep but since it was $17 a day for self park, I went ahead and splurged. I had booked on an American Airlines vacation (run of the house room) so I called ahead before we left to upgrade my room to an ocean view room. It was $30 extra per night but to me it was well worth it.

All in all, I highly recommend this resort.

Delivers What It Promises

by TripAdvisor Member bradowpc

This is a well-run four star hotel. No major complaints. Staff was generally very friendly and efficient. Lobby was in good condition considering frequent heavy traffic. Nicely maintained beach and pool facilities. Very nice spa with outstanding workout equipment. Prices are fair for value offered. The resort is very popular with families so it is probably not the first choice in Ft. Lauderdale for hopeful singles or those without children seeking solitude and/or tranquility. Beach food and beverage service was a major plus, although the logistics in terms of the distances involved for the servers made the wait time necessarily long. (Hey, it beats schlepping to the bar yourself!) Room service food was decent quality and the prices were fairly reasonable. Close proximity to the airport was also helpful. I definitely recommend this property to all those in the market for a four-star family resort in South Florida.

Harbor Beach Marriott poolHarbor Beach Marriott pool

Turkey Day Dinner

by rjsjd

Hello,
I'm looking for a decent, not too pricey for Thanksgiving Dinner. Not a mid-day brunch but 400 or so would be OK. Beach area or not too far. We are based near BeachPlace. How aout the Harbor Beach Marriott? Thanks.

Comments