Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort

Tags

Beaches Spa and Resort Luxury Travel
See Amenities
SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo

Yachts Yachts and even bigger Yachts!!

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 15, 2013

My first impression of this very nice hotel was the delightfully friendly welcome we got from every member of staff we encountered - from the porter who helped with our luggage to the desk staff to the girl at the bar.

Our checkin was very quick and we were upgraded to a lovely corner room in the tower block. The room had a wrap around balcony that overlooked the cruise terminals on one side and the hotel's marina on the other. I will say, however, that it was noisy on the balcony as it is essentially in the heart of a busy and built up area.

Our rom had two very comfortable double beds, a large screen tv, and every comfort we could ask for including tea and coffee making facilities, an iron and ironing board, and a spacious shower.

The hotel pool is a beautiful lagoon style one with very comfortable and plentiful sunbeds. There were lots of lovely towels for the beds and iced lemon water from a little covered kiosk. There is plenty of natural shade from palm trees surrounding the pool and the orientation of the hotel means there are also shaded areas and sunny areas.

The pool bar serves excellent drink and food into the late hours at night, though prices are not cheap.

There is also an indoor restaurant which we did not frequent as it is Oriental and my travelling companion does not like oriental food.

The one thing that I found ridiculously expensive was the breakfast. We were charged per item and I paid over forty dollars for two bowls of cereal, a banana, two orange juices, and two hot beverages. Interestingly there is a small gift shop in the hotel where you can purchase cereal and juice bat a fraction of the price, but it does not sell milk!

Directions: In the Port Everglades area overlooking the cruise port

doug48's Profile Photo

on the beach

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 22, 2011

the fort lauderdale beach hilton is an upscale resort hotel located across the street from fort lauderdale beach. the fort lauderdale beach hilton offers all of the amenities that you would expect from this better chain. the hilton is home to ilios restaurant and bar which is one of the better restaurants in fort lauderdale. the hilton has a great location for those who want an ocean front hotel.

Directions: on the beach between las olas and sunrise blvds.

Avoid this Pig with Lipstick

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 20, 2009

Spring Break 2009 for the 6-year-old and under demographic (and their parents) fell into a convenient post college spring break and pre hot and humid weather time period so we decided to make like the Griswold's and "Go For It!"

Due to lots of help from Nana over the past few months we decided to spring for her trip as well. Due to the size of the party swelling to six total, three adults and three kiddos, I changed my reservation from a standard room and decided to spring on a Penthouse Suite (room 2400) at the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort.

As the date approached our anticipation peaked as we looked forward to our 2,000+ sq ft. oceanfront suite with a wrap around balcony, full kitchen, and two well appointed bedrooms.

Upon our arrival at our $997.89/night room, the Debacle began:

#1 The kitchen was NOT pre-stocked with dishes and openers as requested. In fact it took FOUR CALLS to get a BOTTLE OPENER!!!!!

#2 The door handle to the balcony fell off in my hands the first time I attempted to inspect the view.

#3 A piece of the kitchen faucet fell off the first time we turned on the water.

#4 Dishwasher soap was not provided, but the dishwasher was not even hooked up to the water anyway so it didn't matter.

#5 Housekeeping did NOT take the trash the first time they cleaned the room.

#6 Poolside service began at 11:00am, by 12:15pm we still had not had our order taken. We witnessed a lady being "shaken down" for a $2 tip on a $9 check after she had just tipped $40 on a $160 check she closed out. The pool server actually called her down from her room to complete the total section of the small check she had already signed but not totalled.

#7 Both children rec'd small cuts from rusty staples which were everywhere having fallen out of the pool loungers.

#8 The room furnishings, although contemporary in appearance were cheap and uncomfortable, in fact one chair broke while I was sitting in it holding our 7 month old baby.

#9 As I was treating my mother-in-law to this vacation, I requested upon check-in that the traditional bill under the door not occur on the final day. I stressed the importance and the reasoning and was assured no bill would be delivered. Of course it was delivered. Incompetent idiots.

#10 Management is rude, condescending, and shockingly incompetent. I rec'd much better service on an Honors stay at a small town Doubletree a few weeks ago then at this nearly $1,000 a night penthouse at this resort. I am normally the type to skip the complaints and just give my business elsewhere when unstaisfied. However, when our chair broke we needed a new one, and also we were honestly shaken due to the baby being involved. This combined with the other issues put us over the edge. I called guest assistance and was told they would contact the night manager. They called back a few minutes later promising his arrival in 10 minutes. 45 minutes later he arrived This David Chacon tried every flunky manager scumbag trick in the book to minimize our issues and patronize and embarress us out of a serious handling of our complaints. His incompetence was truly shocking and had me imagining Hilton sending a group of mid-level managers to some useless customer service training seminar for the cost-conscious motel 6 franchisee. After I strongly told this idiot to stuff his line of crap and take care of business he straightened up realizing he was out of his league. He provided a letter of apology and a promise of contact by the hotel general manager by 8am. At 2:24pm the next day the higher level manager contacted me, he tried to offer the standard array of dinners, cabanas and other crap that costs them nothing. Eventually we settled on one free night. The whole experience was humiliating and frustrating as I didn't want to feel like I was begging for a discount, but I did want to be treated fairly. I would have felt far better, and it would have cost Hilton far less if they had just treated us with respect and offered a free room in the future that we never would have used anyway.

Unique Quality: This Hotel has a unigue overriding lack of service philosophy and lack of respect for its guests and ZERO concern for customer satisfaction. I can't imagine that it will be allowed to stay under the Hilton name for long.

Nearby Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort

Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort

• Fort Lauderdale Hilton
  • Hilton Hotel Fort Lauderdale
  • Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Hotel Fort Lauderdale

Address: 505 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 33304, United States

6 Photos of Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Fort Lauderdale Travel Forum

Need advice about Fort Lauderdale, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Fort Lauderdale and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Fort Lauderdale hotel reviews

Delicious Hummus & Calamari
Changing Beachside artwork
Getting a Sun Pass with a rental car
Transportation
A Nice spot right on the strip
Water Taxi Service