Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort

505 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 33304, United States

Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• doug48's Profile Photo

on the beach

the fort lauderdale beach hilton is an upscale resort hotel located across the street from fort lauderdale beach. the fort lauderdale beach hilton offers all of the amenities that you would expect from this better chain. the hilton is home to ilios restaurant and bar which is one of the better restaurants in fort lauderdale. the hilton has a great location for those who want an ocean front hotel.

Directions: on the beach between las olas and sunrise blvds.

• Avoid this Pig with Lipstick

Spring Break 2009 for the 6-year-old and under demographic (and their parents) fell into a convenient post college spring break and pre hot and humid weather time period so we decided to make like the Griswold's and "Go For It!"

Due to lots of help from Nana over the past few months we decided to spring for her trip as well. Due to the size of the party swelling to six total, three adults and three kiddos, I changed my reservation from a standard room and decided to spring on a Penthouse Suite (room 2400) at the Hilton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Resort.

As the date approached our anticipation peaked as we looked forward to our 2,000+ sq ft. oceanfront suite with a wrap around balcony, full kitchen, and two well appointed bedrooms.

Upon our arrival at our $997.89/night room, the Debacle began:

#1 The kitchen was NOT pre-stocked with dishes and openers as requested. In fact it took FOUR CALLS to get a BOTTLE OPENER!!!!!

#2 The door handle to the balcony fell off in my hands the first time I attempted to inspect the view.

#3 A piece of the kitchen faucet fell off the first time we turned on the water.

#4 Dishwasher soap was not provided, but the dishwasher was not even hooked up to the water anyway so it didn't matter.

#5 Housekeeping did NOT take the trash the first time they cleaned the room.

#6 Poolside service began at 11:00am, by 12:15pm we still had not had our order taken. We witnessed a lady being "shaken down" for a $2 tip on a $9 check after she had just tipped $40 on a $160 check she closed out. The pool server actually called her down from her room to complete the total section of the small check she had already signed but not totalled.

#7 Both children rec'd small cuts from rusty staples which were everywhere having fallen out of the pool loungers.

#8 The room furnishings, although contemporary in appearance were cheap and uncomfortable, in fact one chair broke while I was sitting in it holding our 7 month old baby.

#9 As I was treating my mother-in-law to this vacation, I requested upon check-in that the traditional bill under the door not occur on the final day. I stressed the importance and the reasoning and was assured no bill would be delivered. Of course it was delivered. Incompetent idiots.

#10 Management is rude, condescending, and shockingly incompetent. I rec'd much better service on an Honors stay at a small town Doubletree a few weeks ago then at this nearly $1,000 a night penthouse at this resort. I am normally the type to skip the complaints and just give my business elsewhere when unstaisfied. However, when our chair broke we needed a new one, and also we were honestly shaken due to the baby being involved. This combined with the other issues put us over the edge. I called guest assistance and was told they would contact the night manager. They called back a few minutes later promising his arrival in 10 minutes. 45 minutes later he arrived This David Chacon tried every flunky manager scumbag trick in the book to minimize our issues and patronize and embarress us out of a serious handling of our complaints. His incompetence was truly shocking and had me imagining Hilton sending a group of mid-level managers to some useless customer service training seminar for the cost-conscious motel 6 franchisee. After I strongly told this idiot to stuff his line of crap and take care of business he straightened up realizing he was out of his league. He provided a letter of apology and a promise of contact by the hotel general manager by 8am. At 2:24pm the next day the higher level manager contacted me, he tried to offer the standard array of dinners, cabanas and other crap that costs them nothing. Eventually we settled on one free night. The whole experience was humiliating and frustrating as I didn't want to feel like I was begging for a discount, but I did want to be treated fairly. I would have felt far better, and it would have cost Hilton far less if they had just treated us with respect and offered a free room in the future that we never would have used anyway.

Unique Quality: This Hotel has a unigue overriding lack of service philosophy and lack of respect for its guests and ZERO concern for customer satisfaction. I can't imagine that it will be allowed to stay under the Hilton name for long.

More about Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort

Over Priced Hilton Ft Lauderdale

by TripAdvisor Member jennifermadison

This is a over rated and over priced hotel. Although the service is good, the hotel is surrounded by constructions on both sides and the road noise is quite loud. If you want a quite vacation, this is not the place to be. We were there during Easter weekend. It was a bit cold to swim in the pool at the hotel or on the beach across the street. Unfortunately the pool is not a heated pool and the whirlpool's water temperature is lukewarm. We will not return to this hotel.

Not QUITE as it is advertised...

by TripAdvisor Member TFOSTERVA

My family of 6 just returned from an Easter six day stay at the new Hilton Ft. Lauderdale "Beach" Resort. While the overall impression of the hotel was good, there were numerous disappointments experienced which ironically seemed to be the consensus of several other guests we talked with during our stay. I had called ahead to check our reservation and confirm the rollaway that I had requested. We were traveling with my 18 year old son and 16 year old daughter and had reserved a king suite to accommodate my husband and myself. The couch made into a bed and therefore a rollaway would accommodate our second child fine. Upon our arrival I was told that they did not have rollaways there and that although they were not accusing me of lying, they did not think one of their employees would have given me that information. It must have been "miscommunication" although they did not offer to take any responsibility for their own employee providing me with incorrect information. Obviously, based on common sense I would not have made the reservation as I did had I known that there were no rollawys available. Long story short they did not do much in the customer service department to compromise in the situation and offered to get me a blow up mattress (that I would need to reimburse them for) or I could pay for another room. We ended up pulling cushions off the couch and made a bed on the floor for my daughter to sleep on for 5 nights. Coincidently, I spoke with another guest on the beach who was also told they would have a rollaway in their room as they were trying to accommodate 2 older children as well. They too were disappointed and their same experience collaborated my story so obviously I was not lying as had been suggested.
As for the beach (which is an accident waiting to happen crossing the road to get there) the Hilton DOES NOT PROVIDE BEACH CHAIRS for their guests. I could not believe that they advertise themselves as a "BEACH RESORT" and do not provide their guests with a chair to sit in on the beach. Chairs are available to rent for $10 a day (which you have to give up at 4:30pm because the rental service closes) which we quickly learned as my family of 6 were sitting in them the first day. I was told by the gentlemen running the rental service that the Hilton guests are always shocked and complain that they have to pay for a chair on the beach. I had several conversations with other guests regarding this issue and one in particular that went to see the manager to demand that his money be refunded for the chair rental.
Other disappointments were that the pool was not heated and was VERY chilly, the restaurant menu prices were very high and did not compliment the casual atmosphere of the poolside restaurant, our toilet kept stopping up and we had to call for maintenance almost daily. In one of the press releases on the Hilton website they talk about the concierge on the beach who is available for assistance and that towels are provided on the beach. Only on Easter Sunday and Monday was there someone on the beach with towels. The other days you had to get your towels at the pool and then carry sandy/wet towels back to the hotel and bring them to the 6th floor to return them. Although this was very inconvenient, it was a small price to pay instead of the unexpected chair rental fee for a family of 6 at $10 a chair each day for 6 days.
It was unfortunate to talk with several other guests whose overall impression of the new Hilton was disappointing. The hotel itself is very clean and new is alawys nice, but prehaps they should focus a little more on their customer service and better accommodating thier guests.

Great Hotel: A real escape from reality

by TripAdvisor Member Phillyburbs

My family of four stayed five nights at the Hilton from April 4 - 9.

I had read some mixed reviews of the hotel and was a little nervous, especially considering the premium that we were paying to stay here.

We did not have one complaint. The hotel is beautiful, and our service was excellent.

We checked in around 5 PM on Wednesday, April 4. Our oceanview suite was not ready, so they upgraded us to an oceanfront suite with no arguing or issues. They suggested it. Our room was on the 18th floor and had an AMAZING view!

The room consisted of a full kitchen, small eating area, living room with sleeper sofa, bedroom with king size bed and 2 full baths. Oh, the suite also had a wraparound deck that provided amazing views. The
room had glass sliding doors with deck access from the eating area, living room and bedroom. The living room has glass walls around
the sliding doors to allow more incredible views.

We only ate at ilios, the hotel restaurant once. It is expensive. We had the breakfast buffet, which is $25 per person. That was a bit heavy, but there is a convenience to eating poolside. The other days we ate in the room or went to The Floridian on Las Olas, which was much busier and much cheaper.

If you stay here and want one of the poolside beds, or chairs in a prime location, plan on getting up early to mark your turf. My daughter wanted one of the beds, but they were all reserved by 6 AM every day. Note: The hotel has nothing to do with the reservation. Simply place your towel, book or other item on the chair to hold it for later when the sun rises.

The bellman, concierge, front desk staff and poolside waiters provided quick and friendly service.

If you don't mind paying for beauty and service, I recommend this hotel. For us, it was a too brief escape from reality. A great, great
time... at least until the credit card bill comes.... :-)

The Great Disconnect

by TripAdvisor Member FamilyMomInCT

I had booked 2 rooms via Hilton website and PRE-PAID for the entire 1 week stay to obtain the best rate (1 bedroom ocean view for my family, 1 studio ocean view for my in-laws). I also confirmed via telephone regarding our rooms.
ISSUES:
1. Check-in desk said that our 1 Bedroom ocean view suite was unavailable and they had DOWN-GRADED us to 2 studios instead. Explained to us that several floors were shut down due to water issues and that only studios were available. Also said that they cannot guarantee rooms booked on OTHER websites; then said "OH, you booked it on our website," when I showed them my print-out recept. They were also NOT going to REFUND the difference paid since the receptionist said she didn't know how much we paid (luckily I printed my receipt). After requesting to speak to the manager, we got our 1 bedroom suite. Amazing.
2. Housekeeping did not show up the next day (Thursday) (I called at 6pm after returning to our room after a nice day on the beach). Friday room cleaned. Did NOT show up Saturday (called twice, 1PM and 4PM). Did not show up Sunday (called at 5PM and 6:30 PM). Showed up on Monday. Was offered drinks as an apology which I declined. Also, we left a tip in the room each day hoping we would be remembered and to thank the maid service..money taken each day and still had trouble getting service.
3. Water is slightly brown-green from the faucets: explained that this is due to water treatments that the hotel adds.
4. NO LIGHT SIGNAL TO CROSS A1A TO ACCESS THE BEACH. Especially important for families with children. Had to walk down or up a block to a light. ONE CAN CROSS AT THEIR OWN RISK FROM THE HOTEL TO THE BEACH ACCESS BY WATCHING TRAFFIC (2 LANES EACH WAY FOR A TOTAL OF 4 LANES OF TRAFFIC). Several nearby hotels have a light signal. This is, of course, not a fault of Hilton to install a traffic signal (just a FYI).
5. Construction on both sides of the hotel. We happened to face south and ocean, which the W was going up. Noise from 8am to 5pm. Trump hotel going up on the north side.

The POSITIVES:
1. Valet service is exceptional. Efficient and very nice.
2. The beach...but this isn't due to the hotel.
3. Full kitchen in the 1 bedroom suites. Very nice for families with children.

For my next visit to Fort Lauderdale, I will be staying at another hotel since many are under construction nearby and there are other nice looking ones already built.

Wait a while until it's completely finished

by TripAdvisor Member NeenTravels

This is a diamond in the rough. Lots of construction going on surrounding the hotel which definitely affects your view and noise level. I had to keep the balcony door closed to keep the noise level out. The menu is extremely limited, especially for vegetarians, however, the food is delicious and is served piping hot. If you are interested in having an airport shuttle, coffee shop or café, and a full-service health spa, you really should confirm that they are up and running. (they weren't during my stay). The fitness room is excellent with top of the line treadmills and weights. The service is above average. Please call ahead to receive confirmation for all of the services that are advertised on Expedia. I would return to this site in 1.5 years.

Very disappointing/not worth the money

by TripAdvisor Member baci1

Well we had several problems with this hotel.
1st we waited for the king bed room that is in our profile and when we were brought to our room it was 2 queens. Something in the system.
2nd the room we were then moved too had a terrible problem with fruit flies coming up from the drains. 7 in our room. We then asked for another room.
We were upgraded at this point however, dining in the restaurant downstairs a fruit fly flew into my daughters ice cream. And Ilios has terrible food. We waited over 1 hour for our food even though there was only 2 other tables occupied . By the time we got our food we gobbled it to get out.
Throughout the stay 2 nights we say so many bugs, on the front desk s. on the windows that we thought -give this place 3 months and the infestation will be unmanagable.
All in all the only plus is the customer service was excelent. But still would not recomment this hotel.

Wonderful Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member yosemiteglen

My kids (14 and 19) stayed here April 17-21 and had a great time. The hotel just opened in January and is in excellent shape. We stayed in a suite, which had a master bedroom, kitchen and sofa couch. The view (looked north) was great (well, they are constructing a new Trump hotel to the north, and a W hotel to the south). The service was excellent. They had more staff than they probably needed, and mgt was everywhere to ensure guest comfort. We used the pool, fitness room and dining room. All were excellent. The location was great, the beach an easy walk. Did not rent a car, as parking is expensive ($27/day at hotel; cheapest non-hotel overnight parking I saw was $22). We cabbed to Las Olas street for dining/shopping, and the Galleria mall (did not think that was a big deal). We walked souith for restaurants and souvenier shops. The weather cooperated and weas great. At the beach, you can rent loungers for $10/day, and we also rented wave-runners (not cheap; $80 for 1/2 hour single, $95 double). And the voice in the elevator.... Very nice!

Think Twice before staying not worth the money

by TripAdvisor Member Suerking

Could not believe this was a Hilton Hotel. Concierge did not know anything about the area which was reasonable for family outings. Kept trying to promote expensive outings with expense transportation. The management staff did not care. Food was over rated and expensive for being what they described fresh. Think twice. Not a friendly place to stay and have to cross the main street to reach the beach with no traffic signals or bridges to take you there. Best thing was the private transportation arranged by the bellstaff which was inexpensive and pleasant. Think twice before staying at this over rated hotel. It is about six to eight months before it is finished.

great hotel, allow some time for finishing touches

by TripAdvisor Member Southjersey21

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Hilton from Friday-Monday the last weekend in April. We had a great time. The weather was flawless and the location of this spotless new hilton was perfect. The beach was just across the street which made it so easy to enjoy, not to mention the beach seemed much more private than the beach south of the hotel.

Beach: Beach was great, water was perfect. Hilton has someone on the beach to provide towels, chairs are 10dollars to rent which is what I have seen everywhere I have gone in FL.

Pool: overlooks ocean, great for watching the sunrise. we didn't have any issues with chairs. pool temp was perfect.

Hotel service: Very nice, we were able to check in our room at 9am. Helped book dinner reservations and gave us a coupon for a free appetizer (charlie's crab- i highly recommend eating there) they Let us check out at noon and held our luggage until we left for our flight later in the day.

*hotel does not have a shuttle service as of yet
*water seems a bit discolored

Food: Very expensive for food. Poolside service was quick and very nice. 15 dollars for 3 chicken fingers and french fries. But you are paying for convenience, soda is $4.00. Staff is friendly and willing to help you and the bar tenders were very fun and made great drinks. Breakfast buffet is about $25/person (we never tried it, but heard it's good)

Location- Close to water taxi, no grocery store in real walking distance, difficult to get any necessities like bottled water (we didnt rent a car)

Construction- There are two buildings being built on either side, we didn't have any issues with noise except Monday morning it was a little distracting but we were up early everyday.

I would go back here, although I bet in a year or two the prices will jump and it will be out of my price range. Overall, a really great place, beds were one of the best I've ever been in and everything was brand new. Plasma tv's and beautiful bathroom space. I would reccommend anyone to go here, bear in mind the fact that it is brand new and they still do not have everything up and running. If you like going to hotel and not venturing anywhere else to eat then this isn't the place to go, however i would go back in a heart beat.

restaurants and groceries near hilton fort lauderdale hotel

by Koreena

wondering about good, inexpensive family restaurant recommendations that might be available within walking distance to Hilton Fort Lauderdale Hotel (505 north fort lauderdale boulevard) - will be travelling with a 10 month old baby - also wondering about grocery stores nearby that sell organic produce and baby food. thanks so much!

Re: restaurants and groceries near hilton fort lauderdale hotel

by usatravels

Plenty of Cafe and Restaurans within walking, mostly seafood and grills

From: Hilton 505 N Fort Lauderdale Beach Blvd Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304

To: (Mamma's Grocery)
3147 NE 9th St, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304

Less than a mile 15 mins walk, north of the strip. Continue left at E Sunset Blvd there is a 7-11 Store.

From: Hilton

To: (Whole Foods Market, Local Organics...)
2000 N Federal Hwy, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33305