Holiday Inn Lauderdale By The Sea

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 27% lower than similarly priced 2 star hotels

• mafootje's Profile Photo

Need some renovation

Besides that our booked package at this hotel was discontinued without warning us. The rooms are really i need of some renovation. This is not what i expect of a Holiday inn when the price is around $125,00 per night.

Unique Quality: The staff really is friendly but doesn't make up the state of the hotel.

• Beware

Sent 14 employees here for a retreat/meeting getaway and they hated it. They said the place was run down, staff was slow, bartender by the pool was rude and not the value I hoped for. I always like to save a buck but not at any cost. The sales director was accomidating and easy to work with and though I do not blame her, my fellow employees said that they would not stay here again. The V.P. of the group said if it were up to him alone he would have checked out and went elsewhere. Sounds like Holiday Inn corporate needs to do some quality control and invest in some improvements. I hate to give a bad review and it is nothing personal to them but it must be said, "Guests Beware!"

Unique Quality: Nice beach across the streeet!

Directions: Lauderdale by the sea and beach.

More about Holiday Inn Lauderdale By The Sea

Lauderdale by the Sea--great for a tight budget

I recently returned from my stay at the Holiday Inn Lauderdale by the Sea.

I read some of the previous reviews and I was a little worried what I might find, but all in all my stay was okay.

If you are looking for 3 to 5 star luxury accomodations i.e. Hyatt, Hilton or 4 Seasons, do not stay at this hotel. If you are looking to be in walking distance of Lauderdale night life and shopping, also don't stay at this hotel.

If you are looking for a peaceful and cheap getaway, this is the ideal spot. There are shops and resturants a short walk up the A1A. And there are taxis and buses to take you to all the stuff happening on Los Olas Blvd. Also there is a rental car place a block up the street from the hotel as well. So its not in a completely bad spot. Also the concierge is very helpful in giving information.

As for the hotel room, the bathroom needed to be remodeled and was outdated with a big crack in the base of the toilet, other than that my room was fine.

I liked it because it has its own private access to a private beach. There's a Denny's on the premises and I would definately recommend this for a person whose traveling on a budget but wants access to the beach.

A poor and sad looking hotel with rooms to match

We where relocated here from Key Largo as hurricane Wilma approached. Fortunately we only had one night here before we had to pack our bags and run for Orlando.

Here is an extract from letter to our travel company describing the hotel.

"We were offered the Holiday Inn at Lauderdale by the Sea as an alternative to the Holiday Inn in Key Largo as hurricane Wilma approached. I said that we were not happy with this as it got a poor write up on Trip Advisor. However we decided to go ahead with this although with some reservation as by this time it was very late in the day and we would have to travel to the airport in a few hours.

The Holiday Inn Lauderdale by the Sea lived up to our worst nightmares,

•It looks like an old motel from the 60’s and looked generally run down.
•The A/C was very noisy
•The A/C only had 2 settings – on or off and was uncomfortably cold with it switched on.
•The room smelt damp and musty
•With the A/C off the walls where soon wet with condensation.
•Water stains on the edges of the carpet by the walls.
•There was no room safe or fridge.
•The door to the balcony was very corroded, difficult to lock and was not very secure.

We were extremely disappointed with the accommodation in Lauderdale as it is clearly a second class hotel although we were charged extra for it."

The hotel pool and pool bar looked as bad as the rest of the hotel.

The staff were pleasant and helpful enough and generally upbeat even with the impending Wilma, however they were let down by a poor hotel.

I have tried to be honest and realistic about the review, but all the hotel has going for it is its location across the road from the beach. If the room had been better it would have been half way bearable, but it wasn't...

Never Ever Again

This was the worst Holiday Inn I have ever seen in my life. It was extremely rundown, the smell in the rooms was terrible. (musty) The furniture was very dirty and rundown. The carpet was dirty, the bathroom were dirty with rust on the doors. Hair was all over the sheets under the comforter. I would not advise anyone to stay at here!

Seedy, Seedy, Seedy

by TripAdvisor Member bennyloyno

This hotel, just north of Ft. Lauderdale, is a must miss. No matter the price, do not stay here. The area is NOT Ft. Lauderdale, it is a strip of seedy motel's, and although the water and sand found at the beach is nice, it still is somewhat depressing. To get to the bars, restaraunts, and shops of Las Olas, you will be spending a considerale amount on cabs (about 20$ with tip each way).

The water in the toilet is yellow, and house keeping woke us up once on the hour starting at 9am! Not to mention the front desk (the reason why we were here) allowed the timeshare office that was trying to sell us more stuff to call the room at 9 in the morning as well.

In short, fork up some extra cash, and stay somwhere nice in Ft. Lauderdale, and stay away from Lauderdale-By-The-Sea

depends on your expectations

by TripAdvisor Member marcmag

Our room was pretty good, with a view of the ocean and a small porch looking east. The bar by the pool was okay, too, with the bartender more interested in the Yankees came than us, but that's not a big deal.

The pool was adequate and if don't want couples with small kids, don't stay at a Holiday Inn. The beach was better, across a quiet street, and the location was great, with shopping and additional food choices a block or two away.

There was free WiFi in the room and plenty to choose from on TV, along with a microwave and a medium-sized 'fridge.

Like anyone else reading this, we checked with Trip Advisor first and were not expecting a great things. The hotel met our expectations for a one night at around $100 at the beach on the night before we flew home.

Does the place need some improvement? Yes, the open air interior hallways are uncommon nowadays and the FL weather can be hard on a building and its systems. The Holiday Inn name still means something (unlike Ramada) and we got what we anticipated: thanks to this site and the brand.

Exceptional Staff!

We stayed here for a week in May and had a great time! The hotel is a little old but still in good shape and we had a great room with a great view!! The front desk staff was by far the friendliest and most caring that we have ever dealt with, and we stay at many hotels throughout the year!! Especially Vivek, the front desk manager, and April, the Guest Services Manager, who went above and beyond to make our stay the best this year!! Also Chaenne and Flavia were wonderful in the morning, always greeting us with a smile! I would recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone!

Best value and a great laid back location

I recently stayed in at this Holiday Inn, recommended for its beach location in the laid back area of Lauderdale by the Sea. The accommodations were clean and well kept, and the beach area was fantastic. The staff were very friendly and helpful and you could see this was a family oriented and caring place. The Denny's restaurant located within the hotel was good value and poolside bar was a great place to relax at the end of a beach day. I would recommend this location to anyone who wants a relaxing vacation at the beach but close enough to any of the Fort Lauderdale attractions. The concierge is very helpful in organizing trips of whatever kind. I will return again to this Holiday Inn - it is one of the few remaining hotels in Lauderdale by the Sea and I recommend it highly.

Nice Hotel, but take your ear plugs!

by TripAdvisor Member TopGun_1_1998

We stayed here the last night of our keys vacation. The room was clean and comfortable and the ocean view was great. Be sure to stroll across the strip and go swimming in the Atlantic, it was great! The only fallback was the motors on the strip at night (to be expected) were noisy, and we had to call security to quiet down some wedding party members around midnight. I did get a good nights sleep after putting in the earplugs! The room service breakfast we had prior to departure to the airport was excellent and a good value.

Dates on 2007 Air and Sea Show

by savanlyn

Hello...does anyone know the dates for 2007 Air and Sea show in Ft.Lauderdale?

It took me fifteen seconds but

by PR-7

After doing a Google{R} search for

"fort lauderdale" "sea show" 2007

I found this URL:

www.nationalsalute.com

and discovered the dates are May 5 and 6.

Comments